Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
You can get Fallout 76 for free if you have a prime account and live in

quote:

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czechia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong SAR, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Phillipines, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, and Vietnam.

https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/fallout76

I haven't played Fallout 76 before, but if this deal was valid in the US I would probably try. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

jabro posted:

:confused: It is valid in the US.

Don't mind me, I'm an idiot.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Maybe 30 hours in, TTW became unplayable due to crashes. I definitely saw way more of the content in Fallout 3 when I played it by itself. These gigantic mod projects typically sound better in theory than in practice in my experience.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Pick the minutemen and kill all the other factions, then do Nuka World and wipe out the minutemen.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

hawowanlawow posted:

Does fo4 have an explorer perk equivalent?

No but if you enter "tmm 1,0,1" in the console it does the same thing. I'm doing a survival playthrough now where I'm only allowed to go to locations that are adjacent to locations I've already cleared or explored. Kind of painting the map and exploring every location in the game in the process. I'm level 27 and still haven't made it to diamond city. I'll be taking hangman's alley soon though, so that will open the game up a bit. Gonna take a bit of work to get to the vault where valentine is imprisoned tho.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

My computer pretty much died looking at country crossing in sim settlements. I don't know if it was level 2 or level 3 but they basically built a giant gently caress off skyscraper there. It's a little ridiculous.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Settlements sync up better with survival than they do with non-survival imo. One thing that helps is if you use that global stash box mod. You can throw unique weapons in the stash box and then have access to them at any settlement. I also fill that up with food and water as well. Then you can put a clean bed and a radiation arch, and some stores if you want to be able to sell off loot, and they make nice resting stations when you are ready to save the game.

That's more functionality than you get if you aren't playing survival, where they are basically just places where you could build water purifiers for money and otherwise can be completely ignored.

It still suffers from the same problem of the main game though, where you have to spend 20+ hours building settlements to get a handful of them to look half decent. Or if you're like me and don't have Minecraft brain, you just end up throwing a few sleeping bags on top of piles of rubble and call it a day. It's nice to have barebones settlements because you can just ignore settlement attacks since there's not any real consequences. But then they look stupid. Just a very unsatisfying mechanic and I wish Bethesda hadn't spent so much time on it.

acidx fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Feb 18, 2023

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

That was more than a little cheesy. Gonna be weird watching this show when my wasteland is full of concentration camps, nuka raiders, and factories for turning dead bodies into jet.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

I hope the fallout 4 patch doesn't break all the mods.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

I set my steam settings for Fallout 4 to only update when the game is launched. Only launching through vortex, so the update should never get triggered. Here's hoping my 150 hour save survives. I haven't even visited the institute yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Any time you sleep in survival there's a percent chance you'll wake up with an illness.