Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

RBA Starblade posted:

About to try Welcome to Paradise for Fallout 4 and lmao already at all the retextures. Gigabytes of rocks installed

Never change modders

but who else will play the game on a pimped out PEE SEE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
its kinda fun giving my guards minutemen uniforms and lever action rifles.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

The_Doctor posted:

I doubt it, but I hope Fallout London can come to PS4.

it cant. PC only sorry

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

steinrokkan posted:

"THEY CAN FLY NOW? THEY CAN FLY NOW!"

They don't say that do they?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Its the power armor looking like its being dragged down via mouseclick that makes it look that goofy.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
if I wanted a highbrow post apocalypse, I would just watch furiosa when it comes out.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

steinrokkan posted:

Whoever said it had the look of a Funny or Die video absolutely nailed it. It looks like a 2010s internet video, simply in terms of visual design, "visible" budget and execution. Especially with the bad CGI power armor.

its literally a practical costume.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
The main antagonist in fallout 1 is a comic book mad scientist that turns people into green monsters - to take over the world.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
pulp doesn't have to be goofy. Its just not down to earth. Supermutants having to literally pull their lips back to speak is goofy. People huffing cowdung from inhalers is goofy. The canticle-for-liebowitz people trying to introduce technology safely to people that need it isn't goofy, its serious and taken seriously.

In the same way the protagonist lady failing her speech check can be goofy but her walking across the ruins of a once thriving civilization is somber.

steinrokkan posted:

The opening to Fallout from which everybody takes the "50s science wackiness" bullshit was in actuality like the most cynical and jaded thing ever, lol

It was the 1990s after all. The X-files managed to balance both ideas.

Tankbuster fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Mar 22, 2024

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
you can just change the fallout 4 appmanifest to read only and it will stop updating.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
depends. If you are gonna be modding you might need the other DLC at some point. At this stage a lot of mods do require assets from basegame expansions.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

The thing about whatever it is they did to New Vegas is that if Todd/Bethesda really did hate it, it wouldn't have come up at all.

they are basically star wars nerds who think they got a poli sci degree by repeatedly playing the game.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
the next gen update was announced in 22.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/Dezinuh/status/1779178683841790068?t=Hd80yEDe7tY7L_wjvUIw4w&s=19

Everyone's favourite "Hate Newspapers" jarhead participated in purging dissidents from occupied Canada.

its a shitpost. Don't you see the meme circle?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Arc Hammer posted:

With Emil you can never be certain.

the soldier in the all american family being a war criminal also adds up.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

I don't think it would have been so surprising to find out that Nate was in fact a war criminal

its a boston irishman taking revenge against the crown.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Its funny that the war criminal was gonna give a speech at the veteran's hall. "war never changes, canadians then, ghouls now."

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

acidx posted:

I hope the fallout 4 patch doesn't break all the mods.

just the SKSE ones.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Flesh Forge posted:

I also really like FO4, it's just a great Running Around Doin Thangz simulator. Like most Bethesda games the main plot is something you can (should) just completely ignore and just run around picking flowers and jumping off of high places and punching freaks and stuff

I like laffing at the MIT nerds who make synthetic chimps instead of using the tech to make the world better. Absolutely the type of thing I can see happening in a crisis.

SplitSoul posted:

You realize this man literally thinks the bar for his writing should be fourth-grade reading level?

You do realise what he posted was a joke right? "Hey our most popular protag? He was doing my lai to Frosted Flakes 2." Given that the intellectual powerhouse of the fanbase got fumbled by god drat arrows over the last couple of days, writing at a 4th grade level seems to be appropriate for them to understand whats happening.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

SplitSoul posted:

Why would you believe Pagliarulo was joking? You don't really need to do puppetmaster defense by proxy for a man whose magnum opus was Fallout 3. :lol:

because I can pick up context?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
given that my nate took idiot savant he clearly can't be trusted to drive mechanized equipment.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
well these don't crash at the drop of a hat so - no.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I have like a dozen rebalances. I totally forgot that Vertiberds were real fragile in basegame.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
those pages are like 5 sentences. It takes 15 minutes to set it up and you are good to go for a vanilla playthrough.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
just get the unofficial patch at least.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Rinkles posted:

things might have changed in the last few years, but last time i was modding fo4, i saw a lot of warnings against alternate start mods with fo4 specifically because of some scripting issues that were apparently innate to the game.

start me up redux fixes most of them.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Arc Hammer posted:

Wouldn't it be better to just use the regular texture pack and then replace with modded textures if you wanted to?

thats what the recommended best practice is now. Never dl the official HD pack.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
too much effort for a slider.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
idk where else to put it.

https://twitter.com/shindags/status/1780407784154267666

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Yeah they should just gut modding.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
me personally I rescue the funny robo detective first and then grind out railroad quests with nick. Clockwork Detective ftw.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

genuinely incredible that this is happening. Would people launching it with mods even register on Steam?

it does.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

that never stopped Bethesda from releasing yet another edition of Skyrim

they specifically rereleased Skyrim SE as a side effect of developing Fallout 4. The game also needed it the most.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
whens the update supposed to come out?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

sauer kraut posted:

I heard in about 3 hours.

Arc Hammer posted:

9AM Pacific.

Bumhead posted:

Believe it's 3 hours from now.

Thank You!

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

Fallout 4: it should be possible to progress some of the way into the game without contacting Preston Garvey, right?

I'm trying out Survival, and I did not want to take my chances on the sequence with the Deathclaw until I had some levels under my belt. I found that I was able to access Sanctuary's workshop and build items, which should mean that as long as I can scrounge the parts, I can put up a settler beacon, start attracting people, and build-up Sanctuary without ever having lead Garvey back to it?

and then Red Rocket can similarly be unlocked and developed all by myself?

I'm not going to avoid Concord forever, just until I'm a bit more confident in my ability to survive.

you can play the entire game without contacting the minutemen or the brotherhood.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
depending on how you build your character and get the local leader perk, you can eventually daisy chain settlements and access resources of the entire settlement network in the place closest to you. One of the big upgrades is going from scrounging for adhesive to producing all the resources to make vegetable starch. But yeah, apart from the feeling of satisfaction you aren't getting much out of the settlement system mechanically without mods.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
it means you have to work with the railroad.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
always wondered if people backported things from FO76 back to Fallout 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Black Griffon posted:

Oh, a tour.

To-do list is to put down some carpet, add some interesting decorations around the crafting stations, set up a power armor workstation and figure out what I can cut to make sure I can do all that with the resource budget. Then I'll probably come up with some other base I want to build and abandon this one.

its beautiful.