Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Another, even more altruistic way of dealing with the thieving kids in The Den (though I think you do have to walk past them at least a couple times in the process) is to help Mom set up the orphanage. Once that questline is complete, they don't stand by the doors in town anymore. You get to waste a bunch of squatters in the process, as well (I don't know if there's a way to get them to leave without killing them).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I did an unlimited companions run and it honestly just breaks everything combat-wise. I was running around with Lily, Rex, two ED-Es and like 4 human companions at one point. It's also an enormous hassle in any confined space, unsurprisingly.

Really funny watching normally "tense" combat situations just dissolve in a hail of gunfire and lasers though.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Pyromancer posted:

No, there is a RPG solution - everyone knows lockpick skill lets you open locked doors, but most people probably don't know using it on closed but unlocked doors locks them.
So you can lock the inner and outer doors and not have to deal with all the slavers, just couple at a time.

I used this when fighting the Bishops (after sleeping with the daughter of course). Locked the door to Dad's office, trapping him and the mooks inside, then shooting them through the windows. I popped off a shot per round and moved back between windows and they couldn't target me.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Dan Didio posted:

It's going to be a two hour long VR experience, set in New Vegas.

From the perspective of Easy Pete.