Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Free to play with hat shop when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Don't open/close doors on alerted enemies or they'll clip into it/get stuck in the doorframe and become invulnerable.
That's like early 90's era stuff :smith:

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

I hope nobody purchased the xbox version at launch because it's already on sale for 1/3 off.

More like half off, it's 35$ on GMG (check the voucher page) and I saw it for that on Amazon, too I think.
It's getting trashed :unsmith:

e; oh xbox well yeah that's impressive on launch week

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Hey, quick question about FO4 since I just got a cheap goty key.
I read a bit about Nuka-World and what it's about broadly. Is there a way to do Open Season after completing the raider content and not have everyone hate me?
Basically I'd like to see as much content as possible in one go. I just started and have not met Preston yet, if that matters. This is probably gonna be a Institute ending, but I'd like to do Minutemen as far as possible also.

Also is it normal that Mods and Creation Club are grayed out permanently in the main menu? After loading a savegame, I can get into Mods and the only one I use (ufo4p) is listed and hopefully working correctly.
Cheers

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 24, 2018

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Otacon posted:

Don't meet Preston until after you've cleared Nuka World to your liking, and you'll be fine.

Was this a Steam Key? Sometimes Steam servers go down and it won't let you access the CC Menu. Not sure about the Mods menu.

That's what I thought, thanks :)
Steam yeah. CC is always grayed out, and the ingame mods menu has a thing to enter an email but it always says "can't connect to Bethesda server". Manually installed, local mods seem to work though I hope.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Raged posted:

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/fallout-76-pc-aus-nz-cd-key

64% off for us Aussies and I am still not buying.

25 ish USD

Same offer for Europe/Middle East, 22.79€ :eek:
I'll maybe consider installing it once it inevitably goes f2p to look at a few set pieces.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 25, 2018

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Doctor Zero posted:

What’s the different between damage reduction and armor? Like if I have the Mistress of Mysteries outfit on it says 40 damage reduction but I can’t wear armor. My best armor (outside power armor) has 25 physical damage armor so I assume the Mysteries outfit is better, right?

If it's like FO4 (lol it totally is), a piece or armour can provide several damage resistances. Mostly physical/energy/rads and rarely poison.
The formula is pretty complicated, maybe this is of help http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_Resistance#Fallout_4

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Doctor Zero posted:

So there’s no difference between the general 40 damage resistance and the resistance from armor, correct?

General (all damage types) % damage reduction is very rare and mostly on short effect drugs, legendaries or talents, linked to conditions like close to death or standing still; can you link some screenshots for your items please?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
There is something else going on with Fo4 loading screens.
Sometimes they stay completely black, but when you click&drag the mouse you can hear that one of the spinning 3D models is rendered somewhere. It only on door transitions and never on fast travel, and those black screens take forever especially if you enter the Wasteland main map from an interior :smith:

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
That list of bugs they claim to have fixed is insanity for a released, 60$ game.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
You can get a key for under :tenbux: on shady sites (depending on region, EU and AUS are super cheap)
Not sure if I'd prefer to see what restrictive f2p horror scheme Zenimax can dream up over paying that amount.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Flytrap posted:

So question. In FO4 how far can the damage reduction perk take me? I can't spend ALL my time in power armor, just not enough cores for it. So I found this really loving sweet looking Wasteland Helmeted Armor that perfectly fits the mad wasteland science monster aesthetic...but it's weaker than my random hodgepodge of poo poo I had lying around and sadly I can't find a mod on the PS4 that lets me mod armor sets.

So how long do you think I'll be able to run around in this before hating myself for choosing fashion over function?

FO4 power armor really sucks imo and I never used it.
Learn the armor padding craftable from Railroad (after doing some quests for crazy vendor guy) and stick it in underarmor clothes like Army Fatigues that allow you to equip any armor piece over it. That's a ~100 kinetic+energy armor at tier V right there.
Stick combat armor pieces on top of it, the best one is the assault marine type from Far Harbour but heavy Synth does fine, too. Craft the ultra-light mods for them.
You can take the armor talents even on top of that if you like, but they are not great value for piddly 50/40 armor if you do the above. I'd go for Ghoulish 3 (perma rad regen) and life giver 3 (life regen) for quality of life.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 27, 2019

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Another Bill posted:

Jesus Christ how is this loving game not $20 yet

AUS and EMEA keys have been less than that since forever, if you wanna brave one of the better grey market sites. No dice yet for US/CAN though.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
About 10-15 hours, give or take a few depending on side activities.
Absolutely bring Nick with you.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Oh snap, free weekend on Steam.
Guess I'll try it out after all :unsmith:

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Hello thread,
I finally installed my Humble Choice copy of 76 and would like to push through its story content, single player only.
Read that you can only respec SPECIAL at max level, so I'd love a newbie build suggestion.
My eyes are a bit messed up and I'm old/slow, so preferably shotgun or automatic ranged weapon with easy to find or produce ammo.
Cheers :shobon:

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Speaking of stealth suit; do you get that by following the questline of the woman who owns that bar, or the first responders?
Game is slightly better than I expected, but that might in part be to every lvl 500 player standing in front of their lavish dwellings dropping a boatload of stimpacks and radaway :shobon:
Ofc I steal the water from their purifiers and pee in their hot tubs as a thank you.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
FO76: so I grabbed the blueprints for the Frozen Shoulder shotgun from the recent event, thanks for pointing out how easy it was to get.
Would like to craft a low level one, and it says it needs 2 Legendary Things.
So I put a crappy legendary weapon into the machine at a train station (this is not explained anywhere), got 2 Legendary Things but apparently they are not the ones I needed for crafting?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
I see, thanks again :)
Btw is there something broken after the huge patch earlier this week?
Mobs are behaving strangely and seem have had their vision reduced by about 80%.
Bethesda seem in no rush to fix it, so I'll enjoy sneak-farming the Airport Terminal a couple more times :shobon:

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
I'm shocked to report that 76 is quite enjoyable.
Food&water have been neutered and they're just optional bonuses now. You'll drown in the type of ammo your currently equipped gun uses.
Stealthy sniper is still as fun as in 3/NV/4 once you get the corresponding perks and suppressors rolling starting around lvl 20.
The amount of content everywhere is a bit overwhelming actually.
Check it out if you got it from Humble Choice, before the big RPG autumn sets.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Does any old timey 76 player have an extra blueprint for "The Fixer"?
e; nm I bought one :)

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 30, 2023

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Can you equip extra perk cards with the points you get with legendary (stat)?
I understand the hard cap is at 15, at least I think I do.
The more I play 76, the more I appreciate it. Not the mission where you gotta revive a teammate though, without any kind of ingame chat.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Cheers but if you 12 natural and +3 legendary, do you get to spend 15 points in cards?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Did it tonight also; I had to find a teammate with a tall enough camp building, intercepted him there and proceed to gesture and beg for 15min, killed myself 3 times before he finally did the same without using the stupid jetpack.

Also newbie tip: don't build your farm next to the Grafton train station, at the water.
Unless you fancy lvl 75 random boss mobs duking it out with Enclave vertibirds right there in your Tato garden :unsmith:

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jul 2, 2023

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
After 140 hours I'm finally starting to run lower on main and sidequests, 76 got jam packed with stuff over the years.
So having an eye on endgame stuff, why is it always the southeastern corner getting nuked? (if it's not there then it's Earls mine)
After I got the Chinese stealth suit I rummaged around a blast zone, and there was nothing to do there put pick those weird flowers :confused:

Wasted all my legendary stuff on rolling a couple Fixers, all of them trash and worse than the one I bought off some camp a week ago.
Not gonna do that for too long :smith:

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Is there any point pursuing a non-power armor build for public events?
I mean I can help killing trash mobs fine with my bloodied Fixer sitting on a roof, but the PA boys with heavy weapons always seem to do the heavy lifting.
Really a shame since I'm already 4 parts into the expensive Secret Service stuff, but it's not a game changing upgrade from cheap BOS combat armor so far.

How bad is the power core burn rate if one doesn't have the Pitt Deluxe battery recharger? Bundling that with 30€ of cosmetics is such a dick move.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Yes at least for FO76 'when scoped' means sniper scope view only, and 'while aiming' means while aiming down iron/red dot sights only

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
So FO76 power armor disables your chemists backpack huh. And Travelling Pharmacy is ofc a strength perk :smith:
That throws a 1000 pounds spanner in the works.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Aug 7, 2023

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Well I got the popcorn machine, which pretty much eliminated any need to care about food at all (even though I use the speed or jump mutation that doubles food meter depletion)
A teammate yesterday sold the plan for Vintage Water Coolers for 15k and I open palm slapped that bad boy before he could Houdini his camp, so no more water issues either :)
All that's missing for super ez life now is catching that canned coffee machine in the Atom shop.

e; any daily op with cultists or "can only be killed by melee" can eat a bag of dicks

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Aug 22, 2023

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
That's quite the update. And the coffee machine is on offer for 450 Atoms.
It produces canned coffee, which instantly and repeatedly restores your AP bar for a whole lot while you're shooting at a big bad enemy in Vats.

Don't sleep on it if you got some spare change.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Just knocked out enough leftover challenges to buy the new Fusion Core Recharger :toot:
Besides water, coffee, popcorn and the turbo-fert if you're into the vegan farming thing, are there any other useful resource generators out there?
A junk thing that accumulates mostly plastic would be great :unsmith:

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 24, 2023

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
The 'craft or dismantle 76 sharp/blunt/pipe weapons' type challenges bring 80 Atoms each iirc.
A cheap lvl 1 knife or club is sufficient.
You'll get 150 every week or so from the current battle pass event thing too, if you do the dailies.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
You don't need to pack up the first camp, it will simply go poof when you activate another slot (in the map, top left) and come back when you re-activate it.
As long as some other dudes camp isn't blocking it :unsmith:
It's an uh interesting system.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
They messed around with robot/turret lasers and enemy fire attacks with a predictable outcome, and are taking their sweet sweet time to undo the carnage.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
If you don't like building stuff, you can just plop down a bed and your essential workstations/containers on the ground somewhere.
Doesn't make a lick of difference honestly.

If your spot is occupied on server login, either hop to another server or take the free move (do not do this with a complicated build, dear god)
With the free move, all your stuff is stored and you can just redeploy it for free in a new place.
You can do that piece by piece, or theoretically as a blueprint of the whole thing but that one has never ever worked for me.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Presto posted:

Well I did it. For the first time, I completed a season. :banjo:

I gave up :unsmith:
After unlocking the final legendary trait, exhausting the sbq's drop table and soloing over a dozen silos, the game just runs out of road.
No idea how anyone gets to lvl 1000+, especially on PC where almost no one uses voice comms and there's no chat to build any community.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
PITT steam dlc is just useless cosmetics. You can buy the core charger thing very easily with the premium currency you get from doing challenges and stuff as you play.
Playing through the quests is fine for :tenbux: but the endgame content is very lacking.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
On what MS platform did you play exactly? Apparently if it's console or xcloud streaming whatever that is, no.
From an installed PC version, maybe but you'll lose your Atoms and maybe other stuff it's not all too clear :shrug:

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Manwithastick posted:

I’m at level 56 now and wondering what are the best legend perks to invest in - I’m a shotgunner not stealthy if that helps

Absorption and Power Sprinter if you use power armor
Infiltrator is fantastic for everyone
Legendary Stats (not Charisma) probably Strength, Int and Luck but I'm not 100% about shotguns :)

What Rads? is convenient if you happen to play a full hp, no power armor build, if such a thing still exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Yeah the Action Point regen from drinking is really important for VATS builds.
You get a bunch of Atom Points from cheevos and challenges, buy yourself the coffee machine when it's on offer and never worry about liquids again.
Same for the pop corn machine and the hunger bar, if you enjoy tanking or whatever.

e; and of course there's the Overeater prefix, super good on power armor pieces and weapons if you play a full hp build.
Food is not an issue at all. Even with just a purifier in your camp and grilling random pieces of meat you loot along the way, that's more than you need.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 13, 2024