Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Am I right in thinking Fallout 1st is bullshit unless I'm specifically looking to start a private server?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Guess the boxes seem useful and I'll try it for a month, but it's a lot per month after that tbh

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I'm sorry I genuinely think you're both admirable and wonderful but you're both basically Lucy before realizing how the world works.

But please don't let that stop you, the world needs some Lucys.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

if I wanna use my premium bux to catch up on either a season or a Fallout 1st month, is there one that's especially good?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

yeah I don't mean to be rude or whatever but every single multiplayer game except Journey runs the risk of having an n-word event, and I guess it's likely that someone has spelled it out in Journey through morse code or interpretive dance.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

Oh for sure if you like it by all means go nuts, it’s just loving wild that someone would respond to “I don’t enjoy this type of play” with “well why do you even play (genre that isn’t even remotely defined by this type of play) :smuggo:

I think "lol nobody got time for this bullshit" is a pretty wild and authoritative reply as well tbh

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

When should I start to gently caress with legendary anything in 76? Level 50? Just keep using the random legendaries I loot until then?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Right now I'm suffering from the fact that I've got a bunch of max level regular gear I've gotten from events I've tagged along to, filling up my stash, and I'm still just level 30. I guess that if they're not legendaries, I might as well scrap them since I'm probably gonna come across more of them?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Alright, cheers. More to mulch!

Building related question: There's no way to use these stairs on a second floor, right?

I can use the regular ones, but they're not nice and flush with the wall (which the one above would be if I turned it 180 degrees), so they're not as nice.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Thanks, I'll give it a try. A friend of mine managed to stack at least two without doing the pillar trick, so I guess it's just tek minutes of fidgeting and being certain you've got the stairs where you want them.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I don't have the attention span to use grenades. Best use just to sell them all at a train station?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

You start with two camp slots already. You activate one from the menu, and that one appears in the world unless it's in a space occupied by another camp. You move the camp that's currently active when using that function. Your inactive camp does not appear in the world.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I started at level 1 and had fun the first 20 levels, but it really depends on whether you like scrounging or not I guess. I thought it was a nice way to get used to the game and the various perk cards without getting overwhelmed.

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Apr 25, 2024

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I'm guessing the deal went away on steam when the week turned and the store refreshed and everything.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Ah yeah nah then they hosed up, but then again why wouldn't they.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Ah well Bob's your uncle and also his skin is falling off.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

More building troubleshooting: I can't place this door for the reason stated in the screenshot. The door on the lower left works perfectly. I can make an internal staircase and just cut the top door, but I wanna keep the lower floor separate from the main floors because the lower floor is bathed in radiation. Help?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

No doors at all, in none of the doorways I have available. And it snaps, to be clear, but "needs support".

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

.Ataraxia. posted:

I'm trying so hard to get into FO76. It's fun, I like the quests, but the inventory management is so loving painful. Anybody have any tips? Also I logged in and it couldn't place my camp so it gave me a free camp placement. I assumed I'd be able to just plop down my entire camp I had built. NOPE, had to rebuild it. That was annoying.

PSA for you and anyone else: your camp is saved as a blueprint when you move it, and more importantly, all objects included in said blueprint is stored in the blueprint itself and counts towards your storage limit. If you don't dismantle the blueprint before rebuilding, you'll end up paying for objects already in storage. No, it's not intuitive.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I've just resigned myself to the fact that I'm getting what I'm getting. I grow my own food, got my water purifier, not interested in buying the "best" weapon off of the atom shop. Only thing I feel like looking out for is the core recharger, but besides that I go where the winds take me.

Otacon posted:

mods, please, tia

emptyquote

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Otacon posted:

Definitely a weird one! Nothing obviously wrong with your door or wall. Sorry!

Yeah never figured it out, so first floor it is. All guests receive a goodie bag of 50-80 rads straight to the marrow.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Will people pay more than base price if I start selling drugs and booze out of my base? I wanna be a net negative influence on the world.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

There's also legendary effects that passively heal rads. That's how I live in toxic swamp and stay rad free while keeping my mutations.
edit: beaten by an edit

CheeseSpawn posted:

The problem was most likely that the vault tiles are just buggy. You want to build with the standard door and wall/floor tiles first and then replace them in after.

Got it! What's one more weird quirk to remember when I already have to keep track of a dozen.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

What's the most pain free way to gather screws in 76? It's such a loving bottleneck.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Thanks for the screw advice.

Another question: is there any food besides seasoning and water that I should keep for crafting?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Is there a list of weapons that cap out at lower levels than 50? Are there any with a higher level limit? Hit 50 and now I'm nervous about scrapping stuff.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Also, what's the general pro-strat in regards to legendaries? Buy three stars from the mole or buy modules from the mole and upgrade the ones you already have? I'm very scared of using my currencies wrong.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Otacon posted:

The highest level weapons will be 45 or 50. Level 45 weapons aren't inherently less powerful than level 50 weapons - it's just that they were unlocked at, say, level 15 or 25, rather than level 10 or 20.

So am I right in thinking that a level 45 weapon type will never be 50? It moves in ten level increments? If that's the case it's a little simpler than I thought.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

The Slack Lagoon posted:

In FO76 if you swap between camps does everything stay placed in them, and at the same location? If you activate the other one, the existing one respawns, but if you re-activate it will be there without having to re-place everything?

The only thing that will alter the objects in your camp is moving that camp, and in that case, your building will be stored as a blueprint you can place down in a new location, unless you've done something that makes it impossible to place down in a new location, which you probably have if you've spent some time on your camp.

Display items (magazines, funkopops etc.) and special storage items (recharging fusion cores etc.) are bound to a specific camp, but if you build a display in your other camp you can choose to move items that fit in that specific furniture to your inventory and the new furniture.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Also shoutout to the devs for giving away pride flags for free. Love to be limping through the wasteland desperate for shelter when I stumble across a giant fortress bristling with turrets and a huge trans pride flag outside.

It's good to see how many people rock pride pfps and flags. If we're gonna play our dumb and gay broken games we'll drat well do it as a community!

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Me and my bud hopped onto Eviction Notice right after we hit 50 a few days ago. We died quite a lot, but we pulled through, carried by all the nutters jetpacking around with quad rocket launchers. I read something about a max player count of eight upthread, but I'm not sure what that was about. I feel like we were more than eight people there, but every inch of the area was in a constant state of blowing up on fire and bathed in radiation, so it was hard to know for sure.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Oh, a tour.

To-do list is to put down some carpet, add some interesting decorations around the crafting stations, set up a power armor workstation and figure out what I can cut to make sure I can do all that with the resource budget. Then I'll probably come up with some other base I want to build and abandon this one.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I will never have a meta build and I will never buy the cold shoulder unless I just feel like it, fashion souls is a lifestyle not a hobby.

But in terms of general advice for precious resources: now that I've built my excavator, does it make sense to roll on all five pieces just so I can have a full set of three star power armor with a set bonus?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

the paradigm shift posted:

oh absolutely. even if you aren't looking for anything in particular getting a weapons or ammo weight reduction star is useful

Right oh, rolling away. As an aside, most of the 3 star effects are pretty anemic, so now I'm sitting here wondering if I should reroll the ones that are especially anemic (toxic, for example), or if I should save my mats because the alternatives are so mid.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

As a completionist, I really wish there was an item tag that showed whether a weapon or piece of armor in 76 had more scrap-derived plans on it. I started writing a small list, but realized I'm not that sort of completionist. It's especially annoying with stuff that can't be crafted.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

So for the limited worlds: My character gets imported at the point where I am in the default world and nothing I do really matters, but I can earn some sort of rewards? Are these rewards listed anywhere?

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 11:13 on May 3, 2024

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Otacon posted:

They kinda buffed them a while back by adding energy damage bonuses to the 3 sets of Science cards. I have an Ultracite Laser Rifle that is absolutely bonkers fun to play, but there's no skins so I'm constantly worried about accidentally vendoring/dropping/scripping it, so it stays in my Stashbox instead.

They also changed automatic Enclave Plasmas from using Rifleman perks to using Commando perks around the same time. EPR Snipers are pretty decent now from what I've read!

You could rename it, that helps a bit!

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Honestly I've found that using a top level ammo scrounger luck perk has solved any ammo problems I've had. Keep your lowest ammo weapon equipped as you're exploring and you'll be swimming.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

And today I learnt rolling the one star just makes an item into a one star, it doesn't keep the other two. Had to happen once I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

The only thing that has actually made me proper angry in 76 is discovering an audio log where some brotherhood dipshit talks about his found family while sitting next to a crackling fire and it's so nauseatingly sincere and saccharine and Todd's Brotherhood that it made me want to start a new great war.