Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Mantis42 posted:

Didn't people like Elder Scrolls Online? They should have just let the people who made that do an online Fallout game if they really had to have one tbh.

ESO has better writing and more decisions / consequences than most Bethesda games, they probably don't want people to get used to expecting that level of quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Elendil004 posted:

If anyone on PC is able to die in some water so I can rez them that would be cool. I tried it with a friend and the bear near Site Alpha but the bear hit me and then E only drank the water vice rez'ing which was real dumb. Do they have to be like fully in the water like under water or in like, a puddle?

As long as they are in a puddle it counts. The shallow water in the Encrypted area is one of the usual spots for this achievement, I think.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

twistedmentat posted:

I am one squirrel away from getting a tadpole badge.

Why can't I find a drat squirrel? I read near Whitesprings they should spawn but no luck.

I avoided my too good crossbow problem, but just going where some can be picked up and repaired those. So now I have a real backpack. Now to get mods. Thats going to be its own headache isn't it?

Take the Vox intepretor daily and server hop until it says to shoot a squirrel. It'll highlight where they are currently spawned on that server.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Sensenmann posted:

Yes, they are all stored on your harddrive.

Documents\My Games\Fallout 76\Photos\

A normal version of the photos and a thumbnail for each.

If you've been doing your faction grinding this folder is going to be filled with like 20 photos of Paige drinking coffee.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

twistedmentat posted:

Well, i actually wanted to delete some because i don't need a zillion photos of aliens from that daily.

I do have some cool ones though

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

twistedmentat posted:

I broken down and bought the ammo converter with my freed atomics. I also noticed that when I was in the shop, the mannequins are gone so maybe they'll be in the next game board?

And speaking of bad spending choices, I bought the insurgant hat thinking it would be like a cool Chinese Communist hat, no its just a loving beanie. 1000 caps for that.

I got into the BOS part of Fort Defiance, and when i got the gate it says i have to be a member of the military, but I did the basic training test ages ago when i first started. Is there something else I need to do?

You have to get a military I. D. From the Charleston DMV

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

A Sometimes Food posted:

I also think part of the idea is culture tried to move on and the 50s aesthetic and values were in large part enforced from above.

People that tried to do anything to progress past it probably got dealt with violently, to a far more comprehensive degree than IRL. And while this was mostly focused on stuff like labour/civil rights/LGBTQ/feminism you probably had censors sending secret police after rockers and comedians and what not.

Fallout 76 deals a lot with the repression of labor, and the way it portrays it is really good. Highly recommend it.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Morality_Police posted:

Fallout TV show has done what I thought was impossible, and made my partner - who has historically given 0 shits for Fallout - want to play 76. We've been up past bedtime the last couple nights building a new camp together and doing quests, while I buy up every useful schematic we find along the way to hand over to her. I don't think it will last longterm - we're both too busy to get into a new MMO-type game in a serious way - but it's fun as hell right now.

Also, thanks to the goon who tipped me off to Holy Fire, this thing is hilarious. I eat through fuel like crazy and have actually had to go scavenging again for acid and oil - something I haven't needed to do in like 50 levels. But hey, it's all worth it, because blue flamer goes brrtttttt.

To save on flamer fuel, don't hold down the button. The server doesn't usually update mob damage for a second or two, so usually you are already killing the mob in a single click - it's just not showing up. Holding down just eats up extra fuel.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Inzombiac posted:

In FO76, are cross/bows viable long-term?
I much prefer low-tech weapons but after doing one event with them, I'm thinking not.

Depends on what you mean by "viable." Depending on legendary effects, plasma bows can be a lot of fun for quests / completing scoreboard objectives / events that don't involve swarms. It's also pretty easy to meet the damage requirement for loot from the queen. You're never, ever going to have ammo problems.

Big Guns / Commando are smoother gameplay experiences - most of the other weapons have significant tradeoffs that some of the systems nerds might be able to explain better. The big one for bows / crossbows is that, while you can one-shot any enemy you can see, bows are a charging weapon and it's incredibly easy to get swarmed in events that involve a lot of enemies. They rely on stealth and VATs so if you are in a situation where you can't sneak or target enemies in VATS (like invisible guys in daily ops) you'll be in a rough spot. Except for Big Guns / Commando, most of the other weapon groups have tradeoffs like this anyways (gunslinger requires a bunch of agility cards that mean you miss out on taking stealth, for instance.) So you should play what you like!

If you really like bows, one option is to use loadouts. I keep a "fun" loadout (named 'Archer' because that's what I was running when I made it, but now it's an energy gunslinger using circuit breaker / gamma pistol / gauss pistol) for just running around and normal events like, say, campfire tales and a serious event loadout (STR+INT flamer build that gives a ton of carry weight and int for XP) for daily ops / swarm events like radiation rumble or protecting the church in mothman equinox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

I saw some people trying Wasteland 2 in the thread earlier - just a note, if you bounce off Wasteland 2 DC but can't quite put your finger on why, try playing the original release instead. (It's a separate install.)

Even though Wasteland 2 was the kind of game I should have loved, I always ended up burning out by the time I got to the canyon of titan even though I enjoyed the gameplay. It turns out it was the art direction. The DC cut redid the graphical system, but in terms of aesthetic it is super inferior to the original release:

• The DC cut makes everything incredibly bright and washes out the colors. If you go to the Ag Centre in the original, it's dark and green and feels overgrown compared to the rest of the wasteland. In the DC, it's washed out and still feels sandy despite the giant plants everywhere. The computer in the entrance is glowing with a bunch of different colors, while the DC version is just pale blue. The bookshelves have clearly identifiable books that contrast with the brown, but in the DC everything connected to the bookshelf is brown, so it doesn't even look like a full bookshelf.
  • The character models in the original release are much less detailed, but the aesthetic feels more unified. A lot of the clothes look really good on the original models but absurd on the update ones. In the DC, clothing clips even during character creation - if you watch your guys moving in the game, there is maybe one pair of pants that doesn't come off when a character is moving.
  • This one is a matter of taste, but they removed ceiling greeblies in the DC.

Now, there is a trade off. The DC is rebalanced and has a lot of good QoL and mechanical improvements, like perks, aimed shots that debuff enemies, automatically using your highest skilled party member for skills, a bunch of the weird ambushes removed, etc. But if the color palette is why you bounced off, definitely give the original a shot - it's aesthetically different enough that it might be for you!