Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

best outcome will be the whole stadium getting swallowed in a earthquake in a act of biblical punishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
If the Eagles win the world series will the entire population of philadephia turn into dust since they have nothing to live for anymore and their worldly mission was complete?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

If the Eagles win the world series will the entire population of philadephia turn into dust since they have nothing to live for anymore and their worldly mission was complete?
it's the Super Bowl, not the World Series. and the answer to your question is "absolutely"

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

if I may be a huge fuckin nerd for a moment can I just talk about tge wonderful symbolism of this superbowl, where youve got two teams where both is wearing a symbol of american pride (pats call themselves patriots, eagles are named after the national bird) but on one side, you have a bunch of authoritarian cheating cocksuckers who stand for everything terrible about the american identity, and on the other you basically have the Bad News Bears writ great and terrible, a rowdy bunch of assholes who leave a wake of untold destruction in their path

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

zeal posted:

football is a terrible sport

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Football is a fake exhibition sport with the Patriots playing the Harlem globetrotter role

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

I live in Mass and let me tell you, pats fans are loving insufferable.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
The NFL is completely fixed, and all threads like this do is sell the lie that regionalism and team loyalty are more than just ways to make billions on the backs of the fans and players

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mayor Dave posted:

The NFL is completely fixed, and all threads like this do is sell the lie that regionalism and team loyalty are more than just ways to make billions on the backs of the fans and players

#resistance

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Supporting the Patriots (or any other Boston team) is supporting white supremacy

Red sox fans are loving still yelling the N-word at black players

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
not reading this assuredly garbage thread go pats lmao y'all so mad

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
f l y e a g l e s f l y

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

rabble rabble posted:

not reading this assuredly garbage thread go pats lmao y'all so mad

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

if I may be a huge fuckin nerd for a moment can I just talk about tge wonderful symbolism of this superbowl, where youve got two teams where both is wearing a symbol of american pride (pats call themselves patriots, eagles are named after the national bird) but on one side, you have a bunch of authoritarian cheating cocksuckers who stand for everything terrible about the american identity, and on the other you basically have the Bad News Bears writ great and terrible, a rowdy bunch of assholes who leave a wake of untold destruction in their path

wouldve been better if it had been eagles vs jaguars because then its aztec themed and theyre obligated to make it a bloodsport

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Squizzle posted:

wouldve been better if it had been eagles vs jaguars because then its aztec themed and theyre obligated to make it a bloodsport

wait its not already

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

my preferred outcome is whichever one leads to the least deadly/destructive riots in philly

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

idk if thats eagles winning or losing but either way the city has crisco'd the poles and is fortifying the battlements

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Football is a fake exhibition sport with the Patriots playing the Harlem globetrotter role
it's ironic that the league headed by vince mcmahon will end up being less rigged than the NFL. the refs were very happy that the pats ended up winning and there's video proof

Low Desert Punk posted:

Supporting the Patriots (or any other Boston team) is supporting white supremacy

cc sabathia says that fenway park is the only place in the majors that regularly calls black players the n-word. nothing has changed since the jackie robinson era

here's a direct quote from an article in The Nation:

quote:

For people defending the franchise against these Team Trump charges, it also hasn’t helped that Nazi leaders have said that the Pats are their favorites because they are “consistently NFL’s whitest team.”
that's not actually true, but they sure do have the whitest receivers in the NFL and that can't be a coincidence. (read past the dumb headline: it says that there is no progressive case for the Patriots or any NFL team)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

a helpful bear posted:

2018 America is basically Philly now

2018 america is still marginally more functional than Philadelphia

E
A
G
L
E
S
EAGLES!

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

If y'all aren't watching this or following Jon Bois, I don't even know.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Low Desert Punk posted:

boston is a lovely racist city and also has one of the worst accents in the US.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

my baseball team won the World Series for the first time in 100+ years and

well, you know the rest

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Weeping Wound posted:

well, you know the rest
i'd say cubs fans held out longer in pissing away their sympathy than giants or red sox fans, who did so almost immediately

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Al-Saqr posted:

if we win, the entire city of philadelphia will be consumed in a raging inferno. only the statue of billy penn at the top of city hall shall remain.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Weeping Wound posted:

well, you know the rest

jesus christ Paul Ryan is gonna be president.

please god strike down the eagles before all is lost.

donoteat
Sep 13, 2011

Loot at all this bullshit.
Who lets something like this happen?

Best Giraffe posted:

if we win, the entire city of philadelphia will be consumed in a raging inferno. only the statue of billy penn at the top of city hall shall remain.

tbf this will also happen if we lose

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

donoteat posted:

tbf this will also happen if we lose

at least we're consistent!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Weeping Wound posted:

well, you know the rest
Red Sox won in 2004: W elected for a second term
Giants won in 2010: republicans retake Congress
Cubs won in 2016: Trump gets elected

the Indians must never win the world series

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

get that OUT of my face posted:

Red Sox won in 2004: W elected for a second term
Giants won in 2010: republicans retake Congress
Cubs won in 2016: Trump gets elected

the Indians must never win the world series

but when the phillies won, we got b-rock

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Squizzle posted:

but when the phillies won, we got b-rock
that was only a 28 year drought, and when they won for the the first time in 1980, Reagan got elected president

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i believe in big dick nick

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
gently caress the Patriots and gently caress Tom Brady sideways.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

that was only a 28 year drought, and when they won for the the first time in 1980, Reagan got elected president

everybody makes mistakes, especially philadelphians

personally, i have never made anything else

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
go birds

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

the two teams that i hate the most are the cowboys and the pats so this is a no brainer for me

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

gently caress the pats

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

world ends Sunday night one way or another go birds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Tom Brady is autistic but instead of being good at math he’s good at football so it makes perfect sense he would love trump

• Locked thread