Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Sexy döner!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Vegetable posted:

Arsenal making Swansea look like Barcelona

You mean the team that lost to the worst team in the league is playing way below where they should be? Again you say? Oh this same club lost to someone in the Championship?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Returning midfield pairing of Xhaka and Ramsey proving to be just as loving terrible as it's always been

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
lets go SWANS!!!

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

NTRabbit posted:

Returning midfield pairing of Xhaka and Ramsey proving to be just as loving terrible as it's always been

It's Elneny/Xhaka with Ramsey ahead isn't it?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

rex rabidorum vires posted:

It's Elneny/Xhaka with Ramsey ahead isn't it?

I can't even tell which of them is supposed to be doing what and where, they're all over the place

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Elneny is supposed to be the DM, and he's made two goal saves so far as the back line stands around.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Lacazette's given the team absolutely nothing to work with. I get the concept of a striker who does nothing for 89 minutes and scores in the 90th, but I don't think an out-and-out striker like him is really what Arsenal needs at the moment

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Vegetable posted:

Lacazette's given the team absolutely nothing to work with. I get the concept of a striker who does nothing for 89 minutes and scores in the 90th, but I don't think an out-and-out striker like him is really what Arsenal needs at the moment

Especially not one who gets outpaced to the through ball by middling speed centre halfs

T Bowl posted:

Elneny is supposed to be the DM, and he's made two goal saves so far as the back line stands around.

For a while I thought Elneny was the third in a back 3, with Monreal and Bellerin as wingbacks, and Ramsey-Xhaka paired in front of them

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 30, 2018

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
It's the same old story, every team knows that if you can't match Arsenal's attack you simply clog the box and they will have a tough time penetrating since they want everything to be played to feet but most of the players don't have the vision to break through. Then when you win the ball back the 5-6 Arsenal players forward will very lazily track back where your attack is already up the field for a counter leaving 2-3 Arsenal players to defend the attack.

It's always way open when the opposing team gets the ball back in these types of games. It's also why Arsenal seem to play better against teams that actually want to try to attack regularly instead of parking the bus and waiting for the counter.

I hope Giroud comes on and scores, this is the perfect game for him.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

NTRabbit posted:

Especially not one who gets outpaced to the through ball by middling speed centre halfs

Who needs speed when you've got Desire(tm)?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Of course Mark Noble's 50th goal for West Ham was a pen.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Elneny's been great. He's nominally playing in midfield but is basically dropping into centerback so Bellerin and Monreal can both bomb forward (usually one stays behind).

The problem is Xhaka and Ramsey aren't providing enough cover when Swansea are on the counter. It's been 4 v 3 at the back for Arsenal several times now.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
You gotta love the Bob.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Nice one, Bobby

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

firminowns

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Vegetable posted:

The problem is Xhaka and Ramsey aren't providing enough cover when Swansea are on the counter. It's been 4 v 3 at the back for Arsenal several times now.

As has been established Xhaka is very dumb and has none of the athletic gifts required to overcome that lack of intelligence. Ramsey is an auxiliary forward not a midfielder. So....yeah :(

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Vegetable posted:

The problem is Xhaka and Ramsey aren't providing enough cover

How unusual

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

No one on the pitch for Arsenal is capable of dribbling around literally anyone. Which certainly doesn't help.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I've been out of the country for a few weeks and took the decision to have a break from football as well. There's no coincidence that this was when Liverpool were poo poo.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Nacho Monreal the most dangerous Arsenal player in the box. loving lol kill me.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Welcome Henrikh, this is the team you're playing with now

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

lol @ Arsenal

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
YES YES YES

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
lolllllll

to be fair the pitch and ball must be like a slip'n'slide by now but still lollll

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

:suicide:

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
wow

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Cech is such a fraud as well. Amazing.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Nacho Monreal the most dangerous Arsenal player in the box. loving lol kill me.

Hold on, there's a new 7 in town :clint:

e: lol

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I predict that Arsenal lose this game

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

it's written in the stars now. Giroud will come on, win it for Arsenal, then get sold

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
gently caress sake

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Arsenal bad

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

loving hell how are arsenal this bad

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Maybe taking Elneny off was the wrong idea

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Mon The Swans

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Lee Mason is a very poor ref. But it's pretty irrelevant since Arsenal are exceptionally fraudulent tonight.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Arsenal's formation all hosed now, it's a 4-2-2-2 or some poo poo with two playmakers on the wing and two strikers. Last time I saw this Arsenal lost the game and couldn't even keep possession

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Why take Iwobi off, Lacazette's been loving worthless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Why take Iwobi off, Lacazette's been loving worthless
Iwobi's no better