Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the one time i tried installing Gentoo was right when an ABI-breaking update to GCC was being rolled out. once you got everything working you had to bootstrap to the new compiler and start over. or you could just wipe the disk and never touch Gentoo again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

flakeloaf posted:

exposes it is auth tokens, huh?

i hear there's a browser extension for that

:xd:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

go compiler invokes host machine's c compiler with insecure flags, allows arbitrary code execution

quote:

When cgo is enabled, the build step during “go get” invokes the host C compiler, gcc or clang, adding compiler flags specified in the Go source files. Both gcc and clang support a plugin mechanism in which a shared-library plugin is loaded into the compiler, as directed by compiler flags. This means that a Go package repository can contain an attack.so file along with a Go source file that says (for example) // #cgo CFLAGS: -fplugin=attack.so, causing the attack plugin to be loaded into the host C compiler during the build. Gcc and clang plugins are completely unrestricted in their access to the host system.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

yeah, for android the firefox quantum updates are really nice. only downside I've found is that some sites don't test against it, so you get wacky page renders once in a while

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

titaniumone posted:

rip faith in TPM

really? :(

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

that’s how it was split until about 18 months ago, ish (I was on the infra side)

if it’s really split the way you say, I wonder where a few groups will end up!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/19/technology/facebook-alex-stamos.html

this article says there are only 3 people left in his group. i wonder if he will stick it out for the full time he'd promised

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i sit and type out the command by hand usually. dork alert!!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

yeah, it's the laziest CYA method of complying with some data regulation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

DELETE CASCADE posted:

gently caress the eu and gently caress the gdpr, i'm an american i don't give a poo poo. if you're an eu business or multinational under their jurisdiction that's different, of course you have to comply with the law. but i'm gonna keep operating my american database according to american laws regardless of whether somebody in it happens to be an eu citizen, and the consequences for this will be precisely gently caress all

username/post

• Locked thread