Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Broken Machine posted:

then why rip on people for becoming cops or whatever? if you can't find ethical employment in tech, maybe don't work in tech

Stymie thinks working in tech is unethical to begin with and "don't work in tech" is basically their last 5 years of post in this forum distilled to its purest essence, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Jonny 290 posted:

we just misread his posts. when he was talking about 'hating banks' he was actually talking about Azalea

lol this one is good

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

stymie you suck

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MononcQc posted:

I mean from the moment I can't be an ethical person because I touch computers regardless of anything else I ever do, I might as well let go of the rest of my moral fiber since it is clearly pointless.

this is literally the argument that maga chuds use when they feel like they are forced to become nazis because they think they don't have any other choice when they get criticized

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

rotor posted:

I've seen people hide their lovely opinions and actions behind lots of stuff. Poverty is one of the grosser choices.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
all this bad-faith care trolling? well you can't be mad at me about it because i'm poor.

Butcher
Nov 29, 2004
TODO: Place Title Here
the only worldcrafting i see going on here is that this is all jonny's fault

stymie did nothing wrong

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i guess i don't make enough money to make the opinions "tech workers are overpaid for what they do" and "non-tech workers are underpaid for what they do" palatable

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
the best part of stymie’s gangstalking claim is his refusal to out the means by which his harassers harass him

just give me some phone nos and email addies, baby

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
:luckyducky:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

https://twitter.com/tylerthecreator/status/285670822264307712?s=21

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
stymie loves to miss that something is being said ironically or is being stated as a caricature of his own views. lol, accusing others of "rubber and glue" like what, 24h after it was pointed out that that's like half of his shtick

mehh, even though this feels in some ways more satisfying than the typical stymie interaction (people not accepting his bullshit, plenty o dunks, etc.), it's clear that he (or 'it' because honestly the persona is not convincing enough to definitely make me feel it's representing an authentic person and not, say, an RNG picking a different mode of bad faith interaction) wants this.

let me repeat. stymie wants this.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

El_Elegante posted:

the best part of stymie’s gangstalking claim is his refusal to out the means by which his harassers harass him

just give me some phone nos and email addies, baby

ah, now we're at the especially lovely version of denying people being harassed

if someone claims they're being harassed but can't (or won't) provide immediate verification of how it's happening in a plausible way then obviously they're crazy and can be dismissed

you can either be a lovely person for not believing a victim, or be a lovely person for shaming mental illness, it's truly the best of all possible choices

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
if you feel that this is harrassment, may I suggest you stop posting

if you feel that this will lead to harrassment, may I suggest you stop posting

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

prisoner of waffles posted:

if you feel that this is harrassment, may I suggest you stop posting

if you feel that this will lead to harrassment, may I suggest you stop posting

harasser: if you would just let my harassment succeed this would all be over

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
you keep on posting bud. you want this. are we in an abusive relationship?

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I'm working in a less-than-ethical industry (in a move from an even less ethical industry), and way overpaid in VC money.
I've been part of the problem for the last couple of years. Freely admitting to it, and hoping to improve things soon enough.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

LOG OFF

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
if it's something else that you want, I got a surprise for you. "doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome" is one folk definition of "insanity"

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

rich man can’t handle someone telling them they’re wrong is a tale as old as time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

BMan posted:

LOG OFF

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

you keep on posting bud. you want this. are we in an abusive relationship?

jesus christ you're doing this on purpose now, aren't you?

i really don't want this, no

Butcher
Nov 29, 2004
*is given a foolproof strategy to not be harassed*

"you're harassing meeeeee"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Trabisnikof posted:

rich man can’t handle someone telling them they’re wrong is a tale as old as time

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Trabisnikof posted:

yep, and that's why we're here now, yospos has finally had it with me telling them they're wrong

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1187622588731650048

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

If you just stop posting, people will rapidly forget about you and you can start to ease your fear that someone will harass you.

like logging off and ignoring is literally the only way to remove yourself from the internet. i highly recommend it.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
where in any of your actions could an observer see that you don't want this?

are you suffering from compulsive posting disorder?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sagebrush posted:

If you just stop posting, people will rapidly forget about you and you can start to ease your fear that someone will harass you.

ugh this thread is really bringing out the abusers, how often have you used this line on someone?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

where in any of your actions could an observer see that you don't want this?

are you suffering from compulsive posting disorder?

my actions of saying "i don't want this, please stop"

is that not enough for you?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
stymie log off

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
this is the posting that stymie wants and it's a total derail.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

im gay lol

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

this is the posting that stymie wants and it's a total derail.

his hole is 6 feet deep but he keeps digging. it's frankly kinda weird. he must be loving the attention though

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

internet is gonna do what internet does. i don't think any of the yospos regulars are the type to doxx and harass people (i recall a few who were permabanned for it) but if you've been pissing of kiwifarms people idk what to tell you other than the mob has a short attention span once you stop giving them fuel.

log off, destroy the stymie persona, never use it again, and the harassers you're worried about will shift their attention somewhere else quite rapidly. that's the only valid defense mechanism.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
if you didn't want the intense distaste connected with your current forums handle, you could re-reg, lay low for a month or so, and then try again with a clean slate.

Butcher
Nov 29, 2004
i think the secret source of stymie's wealth is something old school like the petroleum industry

you know, judging by all this gaslighting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

if you didn't want the intense distaste connected with your current forums handle, you could re-reg, lay low for a month or so, and then try again with a clean slate.

ah ha now you guys have unlocked the next bit

just watch...