Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
just read the glorious end of the last thread. what a hilarious way to start the day.

all hail the new tech bubble thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
michael “tech” buble

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

not coming from me. I’m on vacation and I promised not to piss myself off with talk of such things.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

I’m glad indiana is around because it gives michiganians somewhere to look down on.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

heh.

jeff ballzos.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

*hides in the supply closet and makes jerkoff motions for eight hours.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

turn your monitor on. lol.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

oh to be so innocent with eyes full of hope again instead of miserable and jaded

i vacillate between the two outlooks. best (worst) of both worlds.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

You Am I posted:

Hey, maybe one of the tunnel drillers might set off "The Big One"

more proof that he’s actually a super villain.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

in the not-too-distant future, the letters E L O will appear burnt onto the moon.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

Haitian creole?

actually it’s the game genie code that lets mario jump over the flag pole.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

no excuse needed to post that.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

same. currently sitting at the teaching station cleaning up. students have no idea what i'm watching :twisted:

having fun imagining one of those situations where the instructor doesn’t realize that their computer is still hooked up to the projector.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

i buy a lot of random motorcycle parts on ebay, because there's nowhere else you can go "yeah I need the passenger pegs from a 1992-1997 VFR750" and have any luck

also used tools -- lots of good things there

strange russian electronic devices

most recently a digital piano

basically, it's great for weird odds and ends that you can't find just anywhere and where it doesn't matter if they're used

same. it’s a drat handy place to find oddball stuff for my old kz.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Munkeymon posted:

in college I went to an Amazon presentation trying to get CS majors to apply and the guy straight up said they weren't automating fulfillment centers because they'd have to build capacity for the Xmas rush that would go unused most of the year so it was just cheaper to hire temps as part of his regular presentation with a slide deck and everything

it was pretty revealing at the time and has only become more so in hindsight

uh, pretty sure this guy was full of poo poo, because all robots have speed dials that you can crank up for short periods of time (e.g. christmas).

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

now I’m imagining a robot and its friend cramming boxes in their grills.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that’s exactly what happens and why they aren’t used here

cities already like to cut down the all-red phase too which is bad enough for it

mdot just installed a SPUI on my commute route. for the most part I absolutely love it and I’d like to see more them. that being said, i think someone hosed up the light timing, as people coming out of or crossing the SPUI moving east and then making a northward left hand movement onto the next surface street regularly run afoul of the through west bound green light.

i have an incredibly low opinion of other drivers, but even i refuse to believe that so many people would blow through a red light on a daily basis. that timing has to be off.

hope you enjoyed. that’s my traffic lights light story.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Krankenstyle posted:

id like to hear about these european countries

uk has them.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i was hoping someone would flame me for implying that the uk is a european country.

oh well.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

yeah, ukip/bnp types, i assumed. don’t think there’s anyone like that here in the ‘pos, but you never know what shaking the branches might turn up.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

vodkat posted:

I am failing to understand why this is stupid. Please explain your reasoning.

people see the intermediate yellow after the red cycle, and start going before the signal actually changes to green. kind of how a bad drag racer would.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Krankenstyle posted:

wait! obviously it goes yellow before it goes green

what the gently caress yall

tbf i havent drove a car since 2002 and i always jaywalk

people treat the intermediate green as a special early bird invitation to proceed through the intersection. the best drivers only need to apply.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Krankenstyle posted:

intermediate yellow?

oops. yeah. :blush:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

gta 6 is gonna take place in 2013? wonder why.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

eschaton posted:

UK isn’t really a legitimate country

there’s England, independent Scotland, occupied Northern Ireland, occupied Wales, occupied Jersey and Man and so on, and of course occupied Cornwall

and las Malvinas son Argentinas

i used to like to be a pedant about the constituent states of The Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, but most people don’t give a poo poo, and just call it whatever, so i just kind of stopped.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

quaaaaad damaaaaaage!!!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

i thought the tesla was now the car of choice for what used to be bmw assholes. not sure why you'd want to prevent them being incinerated in a chemical fire?

lol. i dig this silver lining thinking. very positive.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

eschaton posted:

UK out of Cornwall!

the cornish can take their lovely shin-kicking game with them.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

tap water’s a-ok!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

atomicthumbs posted:

the weird hosed up storage tunnel near fairfax that's full of fungus and poo poo

please dont talk about my goon cave itt.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

Great Lakes, great water.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

But what did the tap water taste like?

this should be the new “but did you get head?”

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

flakeloaf posted:

uber then yourself

(this is not a suicide request)

u wot m8?

President Beep fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 5, 2018

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ArmZ posted:

qfb for account sharing with that guy whose name i can't remember but he got banned for posting about apple stock all the time

well, yeah. when stebe died i can only assume they perma’d his account.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

This burn is somewhat diminished by the fact you've actually quoted fishmech, though? Hth.

nice meltdown, fishmech.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

im in florida rn. it’s a bad place.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

but but but building more housing will just increase traffic

*totally blocks all housing infill, forcing increasingly larger numbers of workers to commute to the area in their cars*

get out of my head, charles!!!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

shaggar confirmed as baby bear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

but also we have areas less than 15 minutes away from my house still on well water and it doesn't make sense.

do these places have public water available and folks just haven’t hooked up, or are they out in the sticks somewhere?