Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
that thread was four years old. it belongs in a museum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

put the last two pages on display as an example of the Perfect Storm of Posts and Posters

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

for any future forums archaeologist, here's the old thread, in case you want to read 139,527 posts about bull poo poo. please credit me in your bibliography

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

that thread was four years old. it belongs in a grave

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

flakeloaf posted:

i picture it like the andromeda strain, where everyone in blue jumpsuit zone freaks out if they see someone with a red one on

more like Paranoia

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

fortunately any prole can destroy the hyperloop with america's most common tool, the gun

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

how are you going to find the one or one dozen bullet holes letting the air into your evacuated train tube

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Lol they're going to discontinue everything good xerox makes just like they do with everything else good they make

gently caress fujifilm

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Suspicious Dish posted:

who buys things from ebay

literally everything that's either old or cheap and chinese comes from ebay

it's also where i sell everything old

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

DELETE CASCADE posted:

this looks way better. as i'm sitting at the red light i'd get to see how much longer i have to sit there

sounds like a good way to get early starters slamming into late red runners

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

vw used to sell cars with gasoline-fired heaters in the front

if i had $5000 i could buy the option kit to have the dealer install that in my '98 volvo V70. apparently there are a couple of them left in the united states in NOS parts inventories

i wish i had an absurd amount of money to blow on my car

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

the hood of a brand new sixty thousand dollar car (incl options and fees)

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

The_Franz posted:

look, it's not so bad when you compare it to a corvair, ok?

hey now, the corvair was a great car once they got rid of the rear suspension that murdered people

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

san francisco's tap water is so pure they don't even have to filter it. comes straight from the hetch hetchy reservoir in yosemite and they add chlorine and put it in your pipes, that's it.

so naturally everyone only drinks filtered water.

except for the certain percentage of it that's now local groundwater and which people complain makes it taste odd

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

west marin's tapwater is just rain water. it's real nice except for the weird hosed up storage tunnel near fairfax that's full of fungus and poo poo

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i know people hate uber as a company but i was able to get home saturday night after the bar with zero recollection of it happening, except the fact that i had a charge from uber on my credit card. still makes me feel like im in the future.

lyft

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Stymie posted:

all this discussion of tap water is heartening since hopefully it means yosposters are starting to drink water instead of fizzy drinks all day long to satisfy their babypalates, so good on ya yospos

We take mouthfuls of water but then suck on a dental vacuum aspirator so we get a hint of that fizzy sensation we crave and don't over-hydrate

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

meatpotato posted:

lol at worrying that adding housing will change the feel of the neighborhood as if the massive number of people that were pushed out by rising prices didn’t already completely alter the neighborhood feel.

the mayor is working for the interests of the wealthy whose houses-cum-investments would lose value if housing wasn’t so scare. prioritizing wealth and property over people, nice.

that's not change they can see from their decks, great rooms, and infiniti SUVs

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/960914661456494592

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

haveblue posted:

tangentially related to techbub but the falcon heavy launch worked. elon musk's car is now in a solar orbit forever. 2 boosters came back and landed simultaneously, unclear what happened to the core but even if they lost it this is a big success

for private spaceflight and elon musk, the tech boer

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

but could it slam straight into it going the opposite direction with sufficient warning?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

reminds you gently to go the f to sleep and keeps track of sleep/wake (it assumes you go to bed on time, but will mark your 'end of sleep' as when you start fuckin with your phone in the AM)

and then it can graph trends and lay it out nicely for you

a fitbit does this automatically and accurately

ate all the Oreos posted:

i'm not saying it to be judgey i'm saying it's weird that you're apparently from a backwards dimension where people wake up in the morning and then proceed to sleep backwards in time until an alarm goes off to put them to sleep

having crippling ADHD makes it extremely difficult to remember go to bed in time to get a proper amount of sleep, so thanks for that I suppose

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

NUMTOT is proof that's false

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/961873006891974658

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

:(

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

i'm a gridiron football player and a high school basketball player

worst thing is there's another photographer with my name and his photos are godawful

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

i'm not sure that applies, since i wouldn't call this "crazy" or even voting along hard partisan lines by today's standards, that's what's so scary about it.

https://twitter.com/HonoredSpirit/status/963388838235267072

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Waroduce posted:

You can use a LAW or RPG in Cambodia for like 100$ American to blow up a cow.

Would recommend

why

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

literally just eat the rich

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

everything in the car is controlled with the touchscreen because that's the future

want to open the glovebox? press this button on the touchscreen!
want to move the airflow from the vents? move this crosshair on the touchscreen!
want to adjust the cruise control speed? drag this slider on the touchscreen!
open the frunk or the charging port? touchscreen!
check your speed or the status of your turn signals? they're right there in the corner of the touchscreen, dummy!
open the loving doors? not the touchscreen, amazingly! but the door handles are an electrical button so they don't work if the car runs out of power. in that event, there is a manual release hidden under the armrest, but you aren't supposed to use it because it can rip off the door trim if you do.

sum total of physical controls: pedals, wheel, headlight/windshield wiper, drive mode selector, and two scroll wheels.

but it's fine because ol'musky says you won't be driving yourself anyway, any day now...

to open the doors on the model 3 (from the outside) you have to push the door handles in to make them pop out of the door, then pull on them

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Midjack posted:

the roadster's interior was quite a bit less poo poo. phone posting or i'd throw up an image, but google provides.

only because the tesla roadster was a lotus elise with a tesla powertrain jammed into it

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Jimmy Carter posted:

I am an i3 apologist (once you get your vinyl guy to cover up the hideous blue accents) since it’s a carbon fiber car you lease for $250/month and you can jailbreak it to enable its version of Autopilot.

Can't imagine that's a liability concern at all

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

the ones that were all recalled and either ended up being scrapped or shot into space?

not sure what you're thinking of

quote:

As of May 2017, Tesla has issued two product safety recalls for the Roadster.[170]

In May 2009, Tesla issued a recall for 345 Roadsters manufactured before April 22, 2009. Tesla sent technicians to customers' homes to tighten the rear, inner hub flange bolts. Using wording from the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration, Tesla told customers that without this adjustment, the driver could lose control of the car.[171] The problem originated at the Lotus assembly line, where the Roadster glider was built. Lotus also recalled some Elise and Exige vehicles for the same reason.[172]

On October 1, 2010, Tesla issued a second product safety recall in the US affecting 439 Roadsters. The recall involved the 12V low-voltage auxiliary cable from a redundant back-up system. The recall followed an incident where the low voltage auxiliary cable in a vehicle chafed against the edge of a carbon fiber panel, causing a short, smoke and a possible fire behind the right front headlamp. This issue was limited to the 12V low-voltage auxiliary cable and did not involve the main battery pack or main power system.[173]

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

flakeloaf posted:

website, official instructions: push the power and volume down buttosn together

video on the same website: here's me pushing the power and home buttons together and tada a screenshot

and that method works reliably

my lenovo moto x four allows me to take a screenshot by tapping the screen with three fingers. works 4 me

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/antumbral/status/966008614853820416

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

crabrock posted:

facebook runs on php so pretty much every "we can't because of the language" really has nothing on that.

i can't even begin to understand how a platform that already allows you to block users won't let you block certain other users. is that just meant to satiate techignorant board members?

"EVERY TIME WE HIT 'BAN' ON THE NAZI ACCOUNT IT JUST RE-ENABLES ITSELF, GOSH DARN RAILS!"

hip hop virtual machine

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

crabrock posted:

why do i need to know where my car drives me to get gas

*car automatically drives to the gas station that paid $0.0003 more for placement, which coincidentally charges $4.80 per gallon*

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

IWW is just the cool kids generic union for professions that don't have unions of their own :shrug:

except my pharmacist friend tried to join it and the dropdown didn't have "pharmacist" so i guess he's management or something lol

IWW is a general labor union, not a trade union. important (and unfortunately mostly historical at this point) difference

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

The operative word is the one missing from your screenshot.

The IWW isn't a union for everyone without a union, it's a union for every laborer. trade unions are for specific trades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Jimmy Carter posted:

you can rent them by the minute in NYC. Every other driver on the road has the middle-school bully mode kick in and gets extremely angry at the fact that something that derpy exists and is driving on the streets, just asking to be dominated by your Corolla.