Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

unicorn post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hobbesmaster posted:

isn’t every HR anti harassment training literally “if someone tells you not to do something stop doing it” and hasn’t it been that way forever

is Silicon Valley just now catching up to the HR of every company from 30 years ago?

or is this one of those “wait you actually meant the words you said?!?!” things

no it's "wait, do i, genius, have to listen to someone?"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

the dash is horrible but those seats are extremely good hth

yeah just want to say that it actually looks dank

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

idgi

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

does win10 mail have feature parity with outlook?

not even remotely close, it's very barebones

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hello my name is ivan and i like listen drum and base

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

good loving job snapchat https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/15/17124472/snapchat-advertisement-domestic-violence-rihanna-chris-brown :eyepop:

quote:

Rihanna posted an Instagram Story today to denounce Snapchat after the platform showed an offensive ad featuring the artist to users. The ad was for a smartphone game called Would You Rather that appeared inside Snapchat over the weekend asking users if they would rather slap Rihanna or punch Chris Brown.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shaggar posted:

what is it even advertising?

android wyr app

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rex-Goliath posted:

lol i'm deleting my facebook account later tonight after i archive everything

https://twitter.com/chrisinsilico/status/975335430043389952

what's the story? i'm currently waiting for formal gdpr compliance from facebook before i delete mine

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

oh i saw that one, cambridge analytics story

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i have no idea why i have facebookk since anyone i talk to is either on instagram or using one of the messengers

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

arent there some facebook internet satellites in africa or something

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

President Beep posted:

*ahem*

It’s you.

says the man with orange av

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.wired.com/story/zello-app-turned-blind-eye-to-jihadis-for-years/

quote:

IN THE EARLY morning of September 9, 2016, Bill Moore, CEO of the Austin-based walkie-talkie app company Zello, contacted the Middle East Media Research Institute. He was seeking a copy of a report MEMRI had recently published describing how ISIS members and supporters were using Zello, which allows people to send voice messages to each other in private and also public channels. Moore had learned about the findings through a Google Alert.

“Can you share a copy of the report explaining ISIS uses Zello? I'm the CEO of Zello,” the message read, according to emails reviewed by WIRED and confirmed by Moore and MEMRI.

Hours later, MEMRI deputy director Elliot Zweig sent him the report. While MEMRI hadn't collected actual messages, its findings included screenshots of Zello users whose avatars featured photos of ISIS’s iconic black flags, and public channels with names like “Islamic State Channel.” One channel called simply “Jihad.” described itself this way: “For the Brothers who desire to be with Mujahideen & to talk about Jihad and Islam.” Some of the channels had been advertised by ISIS sympathizers on another encrypted app, Telegram. The list wasn't comprehensive, and didn't reference any specifically troubling conversations; it was just a snapshot of accounts and channels MEMRI found easily at the time.

In his response, Zweig offered to connect Moore with the executive director of MEMRI, Steven Stalinsky. When he heard nothing back, Zweig extended the offer again. This time, Moore replied: “Confirming receipt, thank you very much. No need from our side to discuss now.”

A few weeks later, Zweig tried one more time. “We note that the ISIS and other jihadi accounts mentioned in our report are still active on your service, and would like to again offer the opportunity for a briefing/conversation with our executive director,” he wrote.

Moore never got back in touch—that is, until just last week, when MEMRI published yet another report showing that nearly all of the channels it flagged in 2016 were still live.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sekenr posted:

Heh, want to try a fun youtube game? go to this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5surb3gp1hU

press "dislike
refresh page

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rex-Goliath posted:

hahaha no way

yep. my suspicious russian acquaintance says that it got glazed as soon as it reaches 25k dislikes, and the like inflation got plugged in around the same time

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:fap:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

so why is some dude on his wall?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

lol last time i dared to feel hope and relief like this was when the pussy tape dropped

don’t worry, stormys lawyer on msnbc is saying that they have trumps dick pictures

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

eschaton posted:

by “some dude” are you referring to Robert “Foo Camp Rapist” Scoble?

presumably the Zuck follows him

yea, that name tells me nothing

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rex-Goliath posted:

no idea if this is real or not but given how the rest of this story has been unfolding

wtf

wtffff

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

drat this cambridge analytica thing is such a mess on so many fronts that i can’t even keep up with it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/19/17140962/facebook-chief-security-officer-leaving-alex-stamos god drat what a mess

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lol bannon is the boss of cambridge analytica facebook project https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...b618_story.html

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

oh and apparently there is some link between ca and assange dnc emails

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

FMguru posted:

theres only one tom jones sample that should be constantly played at a speaker and its not "pussycat"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPAZvxmLfcQ

this is the first time that ive noticed goatse in that video :eyepop:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.engadget.com/2018/03/20/linkedin-video-filters/ lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

President Beep posted:

a friend of mine once took one of those “which author are you most like” quizzes and posted the results to facebook on a lark. the two authors were stephen kind and david foster wallace. i made a similar joke about lobsters, and it just sucked the virtual air out of the room.

mlyp

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

infernal machines posted:

that doesn't sound very disruptive at all, unless maybe you mean the one that tried to build a suspension bridge without the suspension part

surely suspension bridge is one that holds commuters in suspense

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hahahaha

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Laslow posted:

Sports are circling the drain, but it’s a much bigger drain as far as the money is concerned, so they’re not going anywhere in our lifetime.

Masters Tournament: Come get this kickass interest rate on the new E class for well qualified buyers.

The International: Scream REEEEE on the top of your lungs until your parents buy a case of Game Fuel!

Now keep in mind they’re both trying to target thirtysomethings.

the international and the like are not concerned with ancient 30-somethings primarily or secondarily

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Laslow posted:

this, it's this poo poo right here.

12” pizzahut pizza is like 30 dollars here

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bulgakov posted:

but he wasn't walking about the players, I don't think !!

neither was i

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bob dobbs is dead posted:

pizza hut had incredible success in china marketing itself as super upmarket and decided to do literally every other country except the us that way

works fine in korea, maybe not in east europe

i kinda want to try it just to see what's up but, man, $24 plain pepperoni twelve-incher with $6 delivery fee is a really loving bad deal over here. like, https://www.picariga.lv/ is considered to be a rather upmarket pizza affair over here and you cant just compare the prices. the only thing that local pizza hut has in similar price range is 12" margarita that is (official pic) just a loving dough disk

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bob dobbs is dead posted:

this works fine in korea and china because korean and chinese pizza is an abomination

(speaking as a korean person who lived in new york for a year)

apparently they seem to have ok pies in latvia. so continue consuming the ok pies

yeah local pies are fairly good, but we usually male them really small (like pierogi)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

don’t tell me you’re surprised about pirozhki, Bulgaria

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

leaving that autocorrect as it were

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Just chiming in to say that the local pizza place in my neighborhood in Japan won best pizza one year in a pizza competition in Italy.

italian pizza is garbage, hth

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cold on a Cob posted:

you forgot alcohol, for possibly the first time in your life

or he wilfully omitted his psychological crutch from list of bad things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

tori is right. calory count is much more important than eating just lard out of paint buckets