Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
i still have 47,488 unread posts in that thread dating back to january of '17. plan to get through them all eventually, it will be like a mini time capsule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

I think it's kind of fascinating social phenomenon actually. They only do that on the show so that the camera can hear both sides of the conversation, but everybody sees the Kardashians doing that so now they've just started imitating them because that's how rich socialites in Beverly Hills use their phones, I guess, it's just the trend

i haven't ever watched an episode of the kardashians but i sometimes hold my phone like that. i may have learned it from others who learned it from the kardashians but mostly it's a comfort thing.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

ate all the Oreos posted:

i think i've mentioned it in this thread before but i literally OD'd on tums once by accident and pissed sand and sharp jagged crystals until one of them finally managed to lodge itself in my kidney bits and send me to the hospital :toot:

i'm very interested in hearing how you overdosed on tums and what the actual medical implications of that were.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

i was taking tums and not paying attention to how many i was taking because i may or may not have been on other fun illegal substances at the time and also i kinda weirdly liked the gross chalky taste back then? anyway the "do not exceed" dose is only like 8 of the things so it's trivially easy to blast past that, and i was probably dehydrated too.

had no idea they had such a low daily intake limit. crazy. you ever try the naked juice protein flavor/blend? nice and chalky deliciousness.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
i mean it's the start of augmented reality which is kind of cool in a cyber punk sort of way. excited to have my contact lens cell phone thingy from (as seen in altered carbon, a netflix original) and wander around looking at weird poo poo people have posted on top of buildings and the sky and poo poo.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

haveblue posted:

if by "weird poo poo" you mean "ads"

"weird poo poo" being "ads everywhere forever completely blocking out everything else"

eh they invented ublock and poo poo for browsers + it will depend what augmented reality app you're using (though i'm sure google et al. would try to force you to use the stock poo poo). there would be (hopefully) cool "open source" ones for putting interesting information for different hobbies like cool architecture information on top of cities and stuff like that.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Shaggar posted:

their correct

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

PCjr sidecar posted:

emissions testing is usually a epa requirement if you have a large metro region with a certain number of bad emissions/smog days per year.

this is correct. back in college my car was registered in a philly suburb so i couldn’t get it inspected at most of the garages in state college because they didn’t have the emissions inspection equipment due to there being no emissions inspection required in the region.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

President Beep posted:

this is just like in the dune chronicles when the bene gesserit had to join forces with the honored matres to fight the resurgence of the thinking machines.

nope nope nope

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Midjack posted:

but you're still poasting :confused:

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

you deleted your account and yet you still post

is this some pos joke i missed?

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
the whole thing seems extremely stupid to me. my understanding is this, please correct me if i'm wrong:

- journalist writes very positive piece on wu
- prior to publishing the article the journalist emails wu asking if they can include (and rebut?) the conspiracy theories that wu's isn't the one actually building/making the technology she posts about
- wu has big twitter melt down about the whole thing and claims vice doxxed her
- vice publishes the article and includes mention of twitter melt down as it's now public domain
- wu then doxxes someone at vice
- internet takes sides in fight???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
seems like a lot of gimmick posters are off their game tonight. jonny on some weird ds9 thing and sagebrush isn't giving us anecdotes about canada, african villages, or motorcycles.