Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

fart simpson posted:

i read literally every post in that thread. lomarf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

cis autodrag posted:

He should be gelded and thrown into the ocean.

:same:

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

cis autodrag posted:

My friend buys tons of lightly used designer label stuff in ebay for cheap. There's stores on there that specialize in resaling nice poo poo rich people buy to wear for a single occasion. Ebay isn't just the place where you auction your pokémon cards like you might be remembering anymore.

yeah i buy my 'expensive' shoes and clothes on there. some old rich dude buys a pair of $400 mephisto shoes and wears them once and sells them on ebay for $40

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

oh man this is so good.

quote:

In addition to the fit and finish issues, Munro also talks about how hard it’s going to be to tear into the Model 3, calling it a “miserable job,” and labeling Tesla engineers as “definitely electronics snobs.” He backs this up by showing how difficult it is to get to the “Front Trunk First Responder Loop,” which shuts off the high voltage system and disables the airbags.

To open the frunk, where the loop is located, when the vehicle has no power requires sending 12-volts to two cables found behind a plastic trim piece in the bumper (see the diagram below). Munro also expresses frustration with the “Rear Pillar First Responder Cut Loop” at the rear pillar, which has to be severed with a circular saw.

Munro also chides the Model 3's lack of a mechanical door handle in the rear. Up front, there’s a little lever in addition to the electric door-opening switch, but in the rear there’s not. In the case of an emergency that cuts the car’s power, Munro says, you’d have to fold the seats back and exit through the trunk. (Obviously, you could go through the front seats as well).

cant wait to die in a fire trapped in my lovely electric car

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Jonny 290 posted:

its 100 lbs of poo poo sloshing around on the extreme rear end end

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Jonny 290 posted:

there's teh VW Thing heater.

yep thats a fuel line
and a spark plug
and a blower
and an exhaust pipe

the grovercar

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
the algorithms...what are they doing

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uIrAN4JneY

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

lol

https://twitter.com/nicole_hong/status/960899756196233217

beep boop

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
welcome to your first day at google. please sign to acknowledge receipt of the employee dating flowchart

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
jesus christ

https://coffeemeetsbagel.com/

quote:

Each day at noon, guys will receive up to 21 quality matches – known as “Bagels”. They are given the option to either LIKE or PASS. Then, Coffee Meets Bagel will curate the best potential matches for women among the men who expressed interest.

Women will choose who gets to talk to them among quality men who already liked them.That’s right. No more guessing games! #LadiesChoice
Meet more of your fellow "Bagels" here!

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

flakeloaf posted:

dear disembodied, doughy hole

this steaming cup of bitterness has selected you

:wink:

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
making me sweaty and anxious while traveling rapidly through my colon

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
remember that time he used his wife as a breeding sow and then divorced her for a younger woman?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

that story makes me uncomfortable

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

wake up to fishmech getting stymie'd and stymie getting fishmech'd

:discourse:

:barf:

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

President Beep posted:

dang, how many clown schools are there?!

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

harfurt medical scool

https://twitter.com/kevpand/status/959834849719783424

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
what if indentured servitude, but an app?

quote:

Right now, special classes of citizens—mostly corporations (and in practice, big corporations) and family members—can sponsor temporary or permanent migrants, benefiting shareholders mainly, as well as ethnic enclaves.

This system should be wiped away and replaced with a system of citizenship sponsorship for immigrants that we call a Visas Between Individuals Program. Under this new system, all citizens would have the right to sponsor a migrant for economic purposes.

Here’s how the program would work: Imagine a woman named Mary Turner, who lives in Wheeling, West Virginia. She was recently laid off from a chicken-processing plant and makes ends meet by walking and taking care of her neighbors’ pets. Mary could expand her little business by hiring some workers, but no one in the area would accept a wage she can afford. Mary goes online—to a new kind of international gig economy website, a Fiverr for immigrants—and applies to sponsor a migrant. She enters information about what she needs: someone with rudimentary English skills, no criminal record and an affection for animals. She offers a room in her basement, meals and $5 an hour. (Sponsors under this program would be exempt from paying minimum wage.) The website offers Mary some matches—people living in foreign countries who would like to spend some time in the United States and earn some money. After some back and forth, Mary interviews a woman named Sofia who lives in Paraguay.

https://twitter.com/politico/status/963538896981319680

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Elder Postsman posted:

is this satire i can't even tell anymore

Eric Posner is a professor at the University of Chicago Law School.

Glen Weyl works at Microsoft Research and teaches at Yale. Their book, Radical Markets: Uprooting Capitalism and Democracy for a Just Society, will be published in the spring.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

President Beep posted:

wonder if they’re feasible in freshwater tidal bodies.

maybe we could put one in your mom's bathtub boom roasted

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

and that all of those people deserved to burn to death in that london tower fire

she is a total piece of libertarian poo poo and i would gleefully watch her public execution

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

prisoner of waffles posted:

she's paid to be wrong about things and literally educated, groomed, and selected by a Koch-funded institute

Say what you will about how disgusting the right wing is, they know how to build institutions, create talent funnels, and exercise power with and through nominally centrist allies

I guess the people who just loving love power know more about how it works, how to build it, how to use it

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/964666661935644672

I wish we could just vote stymie off the proverbial island already

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

ate all the Oreos posted:

hey i live near that mall and i've seen that tesla store! they also have a windows store that's trying adorably hard to be an apple store :3:

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

remember when fb tried to filter out fake news and conservatives lost their poo poo and ultimately the problem just got worse? yea i give twitter a week before they backtrack and formally codify a rule requiring some unmeetable standard of proof before banning suspected bots

OSAMA OBAMA hmmm are they related???

One of them is a Muslim who tried to destroy the country, and the other one...hmmm

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

dangling pointer posted:

he doesn’t need a therapist, he needs a mentor that will rail fat lines with him until he is blown out of his mind and turns into a social butterfly

I bet he’d be real fuckin annoying

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I dont even own a plane

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

flakeloaf posted:

"census metropolitan area" naturally excludes whatever rural backwater actually has the highest rate; also that's per capita

https://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-002-x/2014001/article/14008-eng.htm

no surprise that four of the top five locations are places where bikers have a good toehold

Shaggar was right

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
starting to think this 'facebook' company that has unfettered access to everyone's information is a little shady

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

Tom Mueller: it would be really cool if we could build a rocket engine that could be throttled and restarted in midair, and the software systems required to use it as a descent engine.

Elon Musk: you should do that.

Mueller: okay. It will be a big challenge, though, and I don't know if I can do it

Musk: hmm. Have you tried working on it really hard?

(Years later)

Mueller: phew, I figured it out.

Musk: I knew we could do it!

Nerds: what an incredible inventor that Musk is, like a real life comic book man

A good post

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

President Beep posted:

where am i at on the list?? when is it gonna be my turn?!?!

are you married to a serial rapist ex president?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

infernal machines posted:

c-list midwestern transit hubs you want

they are building one in pittsburg?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

whole lotta shameful stymiequoting in here

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/pewresearch/status/969287050737446912?s=21

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
can't wait for generation aa

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
generation mcgenerationface

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
The McDonalds! Generation

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

brap posted:

I don't think a phrase has ever made my head spin as much as "marxist venture capitalist"

i humbly request a name change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

you guys know that all these terms are defined by two guys who've been doing this for decades, right? like you can argue about your generational headcanon all you want but if you're going to use those terms they have pre-existing definitions

Cool im a pisces what about you?