Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

would a dev union cause the bubble to pop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

fishmech posted:

ad company exec: hey you know what the kids want these days? reminders of domestic abuse scandals from 5 years ago for no reason at all

I looked it up just because it’s one of those “yeah that totally happened a few years ago” thing and that incident occurred in 2009.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

FMguru posted:

congratulations on being old

I’m old as gently caress and that’s ok.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

gently caress your life pedestrian or cyclist!

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

https://twitter.com/slpng_giants/status/996605838625095682

500 million fake accounts out of 2.1 billion “active users”

800 million spams detected

lmao

my fiancé works for a company that does social media ad buys and I constantly ask her why the gently caress any of her clients still want Facebook or Twitter ads. Her answer is they’re real dumb.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I had grand jury duty recently and god drat the authoritarian fucks that made up the rest of the jury really pissed me off. They all just wanted to send every single thing to trial.

Then in the last day we got shown a murder and it hosed everyone up

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i've been taking ambien for years and now i'm getting married and kids are on the table within a year or two so it's got to go and i'm real freaked of never being able to sleep again

but i hear that happens when you have kids anyways

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

grimes unfollowed grimes' bf(ex?)

this gonna be good.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

man y'all really making me appreciate barber shop culture

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

exploded mummy posted:

yes ufc who has people like this

literally not a ufc match

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

its really funny how the right can divorce artists from their work but the left can't lol

can they really though? You have poo poo like gamer gate, comics gate, and even more mainstream the nfl protests

they constantly bitch about politics in things

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i like black timbs and black hoodies

comfy boy season is the best season

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I think that sweat gland thing is bullshit. I was born in DR and lived there until I was 3. I loving abhor the heat and much prefer cooler weather.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

fishmech posted:

40 w/50 N to 50 w 50n

You do the above in a helicopter. What direction is the front of the helicopter facing?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

i have summoned the shaggar

this is a very cool and fast bike that i recently built and people literally stop in their tracks to take pics of it

it has nothing to do with gps, headings, treadmills, or the arctic.

Should have done the whole bike like the back half imo. It’s rad af

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Queue Scott Pilgrim joke

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

asmer my soundhole

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/eriqgardner/status/1046147840102334465

Bahahahahahahha

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the trick is the throw the pizza on the ground at the black guy's feet and then run away

i don’t know if that was implicit bias or plain old racism, but don’t link generic crime to black people

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

GenJoe posted:

during lunch.

milquetoast

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I'm reading through Bad Blood so today goes by quickly. loving lol at how many people they churned through in 2 years

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

he stole property in his mind!

holy poo poo this is loving gold

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

bad blood was extremely good. first book i've felt compelled to read in a day in a long loving time

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

mystes posted:

Also I wouldn't mind a 0 interest home loan.

That poo poo would probably expire and have back interest applied the moment your employment ended

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

super loving exploitative to check whether the dumb rear end in a top hat was even using his lifesaving device. thats right out of the jungle yeah

That's what your doctor checks on the SD card when you visit. Absolutely no reason for it to be sent anywhere wirelessly. Also no reason for you to get charged 2400 bucks for a 900 dollar machine. insurers make cpap poo poo more expensive thus making more people likely to stop using them all together.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

you cant just tell an american that using the cpap is really important and they might die if they dont and if they can't use it then please come back to find something else to keep them alive. gotta be money involved or nobody will care. chuck that poo poo in the closet, sell it at a yard sale for five bucks, die in their sleep three years later cause they stopped breathing and didnt start again

so you assume the bad faith acting goes in only one direction. you're one of those huh?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

how is it the insurer’s fault that your local DME provider is charging $250 for something available on CPAP.com for $75

because they force me to use that provider. they literally won't cover your order from cpap.com

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

in-n-out fries are complete poo poo because they don’t blanch them. has nothing to do with being fresh cut.

also shake shack is the best. shack sauce for life.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

advertising is 100% a scam that benefits exactly no one except for the ad-men drawing salaries

wife works in advertising can confirm

she told me she’s run facebook reports days after a campaign is done and they’ve failed to meet metrics but then magically when it’s time to present to clients facebook comes back with the right numbers. everyone knows they’re getting grifted but won’t do anything about it because then their job doesn’t exist.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

aardvaard posted:

blackkklansman is great on the same level as sorry to bother you

get out, baby driver, american made, shape of water, logan lucky were all really good and that was last year

Baby driver was last year? Holy poo poo 2018 is a black hole of time. it felt like ages ago.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Penisface posted:

after all the discussions in this thread related to google/fb/amazon/whatever other bullshit startup, people itt still use all their products every day from google search up to and including internet connected door locks and alexas (to set timers in the kitchen)

why would you ever believe the general public will give a flying gently caress

the minimum that will happen is that everyone will just make up yet another excuse as to why they did not care that much about their privacy, or argue that since abacuses and intel cpus both use numbers, this really means you actually never had any

still using facebook :negative:

no alexa’s though :unsmith:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Schadenboner posted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-46634002‬

But now where will the pee be stored?

:ohdear:

That being said, if that happened to me I’d sure be bawling about it...

404'd

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

my bitter bi rival posted:

the only non bougie snow activity is tying rope to the rear bumper of your car and whipping rear end around the neighborhood on a saucer

nothing like doing donuts in an empty parking lot on a snow day so you don't gently caress up your tires

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

The_Franz posted:

one thing that always killed me was formal proofs. we were exposed to them a little bit in high school geometry, but aside from that they were ignored. all of the sudden in university they were everywhere. it's like being given a 5 minute lesson on how not to drown and then being thrown into the deep end of the pool. you know just enough to barely keep your head above water, but that's it

to this day it's hard for me to see a paper full of greek alphabet soup and not immediately give up and skip to the 10 line practical implementation at the end

This is why the Skiena algo book is useless to me. I don't remember any of the proofs he writes about and then I'm just lost.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

SO DEMANDING posted:

this company also owns the unholy abomination known as circus peanuts

they're good op

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i genuinely like peppermint wheels. i’m 90

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Sniep posted:

butterscotch: y/n

huge y

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

infernal machines posted:

not to get too USpol up in here, but i hope fishmech posts their conversation with miss warren in which they explain why this is dumb and she's dumb for thinking of it

https://twitter.com/patrickhealynyt/status/1104015484855484417

Holy gently caress this is awesome. Didn't think we'd see a single candidate suggesting this.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i listen to podcasts to fall asleep which is a terrible habit because when i listen to entertaining podcast on the drive to work i feel like falling asleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

bump_fn posted:

Smart-ization

truly the smartest of people