Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Doctor Spaceman posted:

More in the link.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ACmfRDAoMTk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Solemn Sloth posted:

the egomaniac “Howard but cuddlier” nerd,

KRudd v1 was good, actually

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

KRudd v1 was good, actually

Yep got rid of workchoices which forced my employer to employ me properly full time rather than "casual" full time. A good PM.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Yeah Rudd was ok, he was just a PowerPoint loving dipshit that couldn't sell ownzone policy like the mining tax.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Scotty 2 hotty works for the guardian now

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

tithin posted:

Scotty 2 hotty works for the guardian now

How's his worm holding up?

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Teddybear posted:

How's his worm holding up?

I thought that was Channel 9?

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

Visidan posted:

do we make steel anymore i can't remember

Whyalla poster here, we never stopped making steel, we don't know how to do anything else. Even when Arrium was in administration and everything was super grim the steel kept being made. Now that it has been bought by GFG and Sanjeev Gupta has won the town over by marching at the town Christmas Pageant wearing a Santa hat and buying a really good fireworks display, we are still making steel. GFG are looking at doubling the capacity of the plant, running it cleaner, modernising the process. Interesting times ahead.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

Yeah Rudd was ok, he was just a PowerPoint loving dipshit that couldn't sell ownzone policy like the mining tax.

in partial defence treasury were so far up their own arse with that nobody could have sold it

“super profits tax” I shake my drat head. he should have thought that one through

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It’s cool that we supposedly needed deregulation to help Channel 10 stay afloat but apparently now Channel 7 can afford to run seperate channels for men and women no problem.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

Rudd was as good at negotiating as what Abbott was. As soon as he hit his first obstacle (carbon pricing) he poo poo his pants and didn't know what to do. The collapse of the Copenhagen Conference didn't help his cause either.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Cartoon posted:

You might also note that other 'minor' parties have essentially the reverse when it comes to senate spots and seats in the reps (eg. Greens: 9 senators, 1 Member).

The Nationals are fairly unique in that they can in many ways be considered as the rural branch of the Liberal party. They obviously have a different party structure and occasionally run against each other but for the most part when running for rep spots they have a handful of seats with strong votes and a ton of others with no votes.

Minor parties like the Greens have support that is much more spread out nationally meaning they can get the senate seats but struggle to get into the reps.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
I've unironically been a fan of Bill since he started delivering embarrassing zingers all the time. Also the sudden greying has done wonders for giving the man some much needed sex appeal.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Liberal Senator for Victoria, James Paterson has stepped out in style this afternoon.

The career politician appears to be struggling after he turned the big three oh a few months back, and has made an attempt at combating his quarter life crisis by buying some new threads.

Paterson, who previously had only ever made news when people were talking about how dysfunctional and damaging it is for democracy for someone to immediately enter federal politics straight after university – is making headlines for all the right reasons.

It is believed the equally self-important millennials working in the Parliament press gallery were quick to comment on Paterson’s ‘cute AF milo-esque suit’.

“You might make GQ this year big fella” said one Buzzfeed employee.

In March 2016, the Victorian division of the Liberal Party of Australia nominated Paterson to fill the casual vacancy in the Australian Senate caused by the resignation of Michael Ronaldson. Paterson was appointed by a joint sitting of the Parliament of Victoria on 9 March 2016. Just in case you didn’t know who this oval office was.

However, Paterson is now a household name, all thanks to the new suit that perfectly matches both his age and politics.

“Damnnn” said fellow Liberal senator, Eric Abetz, after spotting Paterson in the hallway at Parliament house this afternoon.

“My great uncle used to own a suit like that”

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
If O'Connor thinks that is an appropriate response to Change The Rules, he's about to have A Very Bad Year.

The FWC must go and be replaced by something that can't be stacked by ex industry lobbyists and union smashing lawyers, the right to withdraw labor without risking a 20k fine has to come back, and the ROC and ABCC need to die in flames or wages aren't going anywhere.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pell gets off one charge because the accuser died. :|

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Pell gets off one charge because the accuser died. :|

They should bring this logic into murder trials imo

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

https://twitter.com/cfmeujohnsetka/status/969047504640647168

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Sen. Cash’ outburst this week shows how the born to rule set fall apart when they are under pressure. Contrast this with the Gillard govt which spent almost 3 years on the “embattled/beleaguered” part of the strife scale thanks to a brutally effective opposition, a hostile media, and a poisonous KRudd yet still managed to push legislation through in minority govt.

I mean, look how quickly Tones fell apart when he had to negotiate with the Senate.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
maybe we got an exemption

heh

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
It's called 'complete and utter contempt for democracy'.

If the libs could get away with it, we'd be a fascist state in seconds.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Uh I mean moreso

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So agile

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Part of the $11 billion Metro rail tunnel project has been suspended after workers discovered a large exposed asbestos pipe while digging up St Kilda Road.
The asbestos pipe was unearthed last Friday, but project managers waited until this Thursday to stop work and begin to remove it.

fuuuuck

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Well at least Julie Bishop now has a sure bet job after politics,

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Part of the $11 billion Metro rail tunnel project has been suspended after workers discovered a large exposed asbestos pipe while digging up St Kilda Road.
The asbestos pipe was unearthed last Friday, but project managers waited until this Thursday to stop work and begin to remove it.

fuuuuck

Pink batts mark two.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
What the gently caress

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
It isn't a big deal, you can still work around asbestos if it isn't disturbed, which is what they did for a few days while organizing a contractor to come remove it and clean up the area it was in. No big deal, even the 'omg they did nothing for 5 days!' well yeah, work has to be done, so you don't shut down the site when you don't have to.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Imagine being this piss weak.

https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/969403303590166530

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
That's pretty piss weak, but so is taking photos from somebodies phone without their knowledge.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

quote:

Every Monday afternoon the Daily Telegraph’s head of digital, Peter Brown, sends out an email to all staff asking them to tune into Miranda Live, an internet radio program hosted by the paper’s columnist Miranda Devine on Mondays through Wednesdays.

Hi All, Miranda Live is Live on dailytelegraph.com.au. Please tune in to the show and have a listen. Cheers Browny.

The show, designed to increase traffic to the Sydney tabloid’s website and showcase the multimedia talents of Devine, is also usually the lead item on the website, which pumps out stories and podcasts from the show.

All the Tele’s marketing resources have been applied to raising the profile of Miranda Live, including sending the star Tele headliner to the US to record a show, where she talked to Joe Hockey, Australia’s US ambassador, the billionaire Anthony Pratt and the media magnate Kerry Stokes.

Much to the chagrin of some journos who spoke to Beast, Miranda Live is also live streamed into the Tele newsroom at Holt Street over the loudspeakers in a faintly East German manner. “There is no escape,” one jaded hack said.

When Beast clicked on to Miranda Live this week we were one of between 11 and 15 people listening.

To be fair, you can also listen to Miranda Live on Facebook, but that was also low, hovering between nine and 17 listeners. “We are extremely pleased with the results from Miranda Live so far,” a News Corp spokeswoman said. “After 12 shows, three per week for a month here are our numbers: 207,403 total streams from the DT; 24,097 podcast downloads; 62,655 Facebook live views.”

Nina Funnell was billed as appearing on Miranda Live, but never agreed to do so

On Wednesday the Tele’s website promoted an interview with the Walkley award-winning journalist and advocate against sexual assault Nina Funnell, but when the show started Devine was scathing of news reports about hazing at Sydney University colleges, saying the campus rape crisis was a discredited “fad” imported from the US.

Despite Funnell’s photo being pasted all over the website she never appeared, and according to her she had never agreed to appear. Instead another student told Devine that St Andrew’s College, where she lived, was terrific.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

drunkill posted:

It isn't a big deal, you can still work around asbestos if it isn't disturbed, which is what they did for a few days while organizing a contractor to come remove it and clean up the area it was in. No big deal, even the 'omg they did nothing for 5 days!' well yeah, work has to be done, so you don't shut down the site when you don't have to.

Agreed. Asbestos is not radioactive.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Yeah working at a company doing a lot of Telstra work the general assumption is that every pit and building is full of asbestos until proven otherwise.

The stuffs everywhere you just take appropriate measures to mitigate the risks and it's fine*.

(assuming undamaged no friable)

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Zenithe posted:

That's pretty piss weak, but so is piss uhlmann

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

https://twitter.com/burgotastic/status/969404432872951808?s=21

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

VodeAndreas posted:

Yeah working at a company doing a lot of Telstra work the general assumption is that every pit and building is full of asbestos until proven otherwise.

The stuffs everywhere you just take appropriate measures to mitigate the risks and it's fine*.

(assuming undamaged no friable)

My assumption would have been that it’s slightly easier to not disturb ACMs when working by hand like in a pit, than when you’re using an excavator or w/e

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Cash bad, but maybe Uhlmann bad too.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

construction, that industry we know and love that rarely involves disturbing materials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Anyone working on a March thread (asking for a friend)

• Locked thread