Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I mean, you can literally go through the lasers to the right of where you start in that section, and go right to the end of the level in like twenty seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Augus posted:

you can take damage in that final part from shockingly small pieces of debris from the cars being thrown around

um, that's probably because the homing attack locking onto rails wasn't actually a thing in that game.

Also that level is loving amazing and a ton of fun.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

GamesAreSupernice posted:

Updates are postponed until YouTube stops being all broken.

LP cancelled forever.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

The 3D Sonics all have a tendency to continuously increase the length of stages as the game progresses. There are a bunch of reasons for that which I won't dive into-they're not all bad.

Where can I find details on what happened to the sonic 06 pc port?

It's a fan project to remake the game in Unity. At least, that's what I'm assuming they're referring to, as the first demo for that is Kingdom Valley.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Also I don't know you people make that Mach Speed section in Kingdom Valley look easy. I literally got like five game overs there because when it would get to the part where you run up the waterfall, 90% of the time Sonic would lock up/down control, and completely ignore my attempts to keep him from running right into a death plane.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

It should be noted he is still around, still pushing this Lost Ones poo poo, and still crazy as gently caress. He loves to tweet about how IDW has no right to use his characters (no one asked), how they better give him royalties for reprints (no reprints have been announced), and how the franchise has no story and thus needs him to provide one for it, or it will fail (the LEGO Movie shows this is bullshit in general). Also, he's taken to calling his "studio" Floating Island Productions, is constantly talking about trying to get an app going for his Knuckles-with-barely-any-of-the-labels-filed-off comic (an app which, so far as I can tell, must be the most complicated thing ever because most of his posts about it are how the test version finally has *insert basic feature here*), trying to convince people he is an expert in the comics industry, and if HE had still been on the Archie Sonic comics, sales would have been way higher.

Oh, also still going to conventions and signing other people's work with his name. That too. Asking him if he provides other artists and authors with royalties when he sells their work at conventions gets responded to with "of course I do" and then requests for proof get responded to with absolutely nothing because if you think this fucker actually pays anyone for anything you're an idiot.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Nah, using Sonic's homing attack against poo poo in this game, especially poo poo with lots of HP, is boring and unfun. The enemies feel like sacks of sand, the bounce feels like crap, attacking them does little to nothing to interrupt them, the delay between attacks feels too long, and the sections where you need to stop and kill a bunch of dudes to keep going don't feel fun, they feel like the boring roadblocks they are. You don't need to use timing to homing attack a fucker in a weak point while they're shooting at you, they'll just keep shooting regardless.

Combat in this game is terrible, boring, and samey. It's better than Heroes' combat, but Heroes' combat is a loving joke and should never have existed.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Onmi posted:

The real answer is simple, the Dummy Ring Box was a test/placeholder item it was used to test the physics of ring spreading. They either didn't have the time or the care to replace it with an actual item to be thrown. As for why he can't tail spin? I dunno. Your guess is as good as mine for why they continuously gently caress up a character they got right in SA1.

This one's easy: They refuse to find a formula and stick to it. They're scared of kids getting bored, or getting into a rut. They just want to find that magic "thing" that will make the series perfect. Problem is, that means abandoning ideas that are doing well (Unleashed Day Stages, Colors, Generations), but not perfectly, and replacing them with whatever they come up with. Complaints about the game being too fast? Lost World literally has a "run" button. Levels too long? Forces levels are like three minutes, tops. Obstacles come up too quick to react? gently caress it, everything cool is now quick time events. People complain about other characters having unfun gameplay? Throw them all out and don't try to make improvements, we've got too many other problems to fix. People really liked the Classic Sonic stages in Generations? Jam him in everything now, people liked that, don't you dare try to make Modern Sonic have stages like that.

Basically, it seems like not only do they want to keep changing poo poo up every game without properly learning, they take every complaint reviewers make, tear out the offending systems, and jam something else in there that's shallower and more automatic. They had a really good run with Unleashed-Colors-Generations, but they seemed to learn all the wrong lessons.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

That part is easy, Kiryu has the ability to stop time and shove five hamburgers into his face to refill his health. Abuse that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

There is no inventory button. You have to do the whole thing on one health bar. I just tried it again.

Sorry, I meant Kiwami. I forgot you were on the original. Though I distinctly remember pausing and shoving various foodstuffs into Kiryu's face while in that section in Kiwami, so I dunno. Maybe I'm remembering wrong? Either way I didn't find it difficult.

• Locked thread