Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Even when players are in full knowledge of the physics & controls everything about the camera & sonic's movements look so jerky that when you were doing homing attack chains and landing on awnings I was convinced you were about to careen out of control into every pit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

The 3D Sonics all have a tendency to continuously increase the length of stages as the game progresses. There are a bunch of reasons for that which I won't dive into-they're not all bad.

Where can I find details on what happened to the sonic 06 pc port?

I think the big thing (aside from glitches) is rhythm. Even long sonic levels can feel reasonable if you're keeping a good pace or constantly doing things without breaking up.
Ignoring the literal pace breaking loading screens, you go from a sonic section thats...okay, since you've got some rails and homing chains and a general path to follow, to a silver section with entirely different gameplay, back to sonic for a long, dull & otherwise meandering quarter of the level, then suddenly a mach speed which is a totally different pacing but also is pretty dull. Which is probably a good thing since it seems to make it easy (every playthrough of this game i've seen has had people finish this in like 1-3 lives tops) and at the end of a long level.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

"the homing attack works wonderfully in this game", he said, using a broken inventory item to shortcut past the homing attack traversal areas.
the juxtaposition of "the combat in this game is good" and boring rapid homing attacks against a single enemy's huge health bar and the full minute of trying to snipe someone with tails' ring bombs was great

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

This LP hasn't delivered, but it's one step closer to my dream of a comprehensive informative all emblem S-rank run of Sonic 2006.

Followed by my nightmare of a comprehensive informative all library sequence and full completion run of Shadow the Hedgehog.

Do I have the "speed" run for you https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/5drmbb/extremely_segmented_wr_shadow_the_hedgehog_100/

• Locked thread