Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!
I don't think anyone's arguing that Sonic 1 is a fast game, somehow. Maybe in a couple of levels, but the lack of spindash and the mess that is Labyrinth Zone put a damper on that quickly. Sonic 2 and 3 & Knuckles are much better in that regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

I know the game is basically unfinished, but I'm amazed at the complete lack of animation on Knuckles' shock ground slam AoE. There's just no indication there at all! Omega's very similar in that regard, too, with some of his attacks having few or no visual clues as to what they actually do.

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Bricoleur posted:

The only possible explanation I can come up with is that they ran out of time to properly animate an attack for Tails so they just used a ring box and rings for it as a placeholder and then forgot THAT was what their placeholder was. Because they should have realized that using almost any other thing would have been better. Spraying a bunch of fake rings everywhere in a game where collecting rings is tied to both mission points and staying the gently caress alive is beyond idiotic.

Nah, it was definitely an intentional choice. The dummy ring bomb was in Sonic Heroes too, but you'd never see it because it involved leaving Tails (or Rouge) on his (or her) own and attacking and who does that, seriously? It was bad in that game, and it's bad here. Maybe if there was some way to easily differentiate fake rings and real rings it would be excusable, but no, that would take effort.

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

I kind of like Shadow The Hedghog. It tries so hard to be serious, but it fails so badly that it's hilarious instead. The "kill all enemies" objectives can go screw themselves, though. Who thought it was a good idea to give the first level two of those, and make you play it every time you want to start a new loop?

• Locked thread