Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006
16-3 WAS REAL

I love you all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I love this man

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
A trooper just got run over by a quad.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Wow if this is what happens when Philadelphia wins I'm afraid of what would happen if they lost.

Also:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/6abc/status/960375751345364992

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

"Ain't no if. Aint't no if, man. Speak it into existence." -Alshon Jeffery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np6vAuS0KNs

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

I had my tv on for literally 3 minutes and it was exactly at this moment and I was really loving confused by the whole thing. I mean I still am because why is he at the super bowl, why's he just casually mingling on the concourse, how'd the tv crew get him, etc. loving died when he dropped trust the process and bolted.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Asproigerosis posted:

I had my tv on for literally 3 minutes and it was exactly at this moment and I was really loving confused by the whole thing. I mean I still am because why is he at the super bowl, why's he just casually mingling on the concourse, how'd the tv crew get him, etc. loving died when he dropped trust the process and bolted.

joel embiid is some sort of cosmic sports comedy being that just appears is funny and then leaves

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I straight up cried with my girlfriend (and Eagles fan friends) after the game and also shouted "oh my god" about 300 times after the Tom Brady fumble.

This is unbelievable. I wanna share the picture of the 4 of us cuz we look so drat happy but I don't wanna get doxxed from it.

I still can't believe it happened guys. Thank you to TFF for being the best sports forum on the internet!

edit: https://twitter.com/Bo_Wulf/status/960362584732938241

axeil fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Feb 5, 2018

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way
This is for all of you guys

I love everything

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

axeil posted:

I straight up cried with my girlfriend (and Eagles fan friends) after the game and also shouted "oh my god" about 300 times after the Tom Brady fumble.

This is unbelievable. I wanna share the picture of the 4 of us cuz we look so drat happy but I don't wanna get doxxed from it.

I still can't believe it happened guys. Thank you to TFF for being the best sports forum on the internet!

:unsmith::hf::unsmith:

I know how you feel. My family's from Philly, and I watched the game with my parents while listening to the home broadcast on internet radio. The Eagles have always been my second team behind the Lions, and it was great to see you guys get your first.

Here's to hoping the Lions aren't far behind :gbsmith:

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

gently caress yeah Birds! Posting to post in the party time thread.

Loved that Merrill Reese clip.

Now to find out when the Staff party is and go kiss a Lombardi trophy

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Acebuckeye13 posted:

:unsmith::hf::unsmith:

I know how you feel. My family's from Philly, and I watched the game with my parents while listening to the home broadcast on internet radio. The Eagles have always been my second team behind the Lions, and it was great to see you guys get your first.

Here's to hoping the Lions aren't far behind :gbsmith:

drat straight! Now we gotta get the Lions, Vikings, Falcons, Panthers, Cardinals, Bills, Jags, Titans, Texans, Browns, Bengals and Chargers their rings!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

axeil posted:

drat straight! Now we gotta get the Lions, Vikings, Falcons, Panthers, Cardinals, Bills, Jags, Titans, Texans, Browns, Bengals and Chargers their rings!
Or on the other hand, we forge a god damned dynasty and do it again.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/bustedcoverage/status/960378789854359553

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

axeil posted:

edit: https://twitter.com/Bo_Wulf/status/960362584732938241

youse good people

:unsmith::respek::smith:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

axeil posted:

BY THE WAY, TO UPDATE THE LIST:

Teams that have never been to a Super Bowl (in order of age)
- Lions
- Browns
- Jaguars
- Texans

Teams that never won a Super Bowl (in order of last appearance)
- Falcons
- Panthers
- Cardinals
- Titans
- Chargers
- Bills
- Bengals
- Vikings

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Or on the other hand, we forge a god damned dynasty and do it again.

We gotta win one for Wentz at some point, but man at this point it's all downhill. We got a ring in the most improbable of fashions.

Today's a good day :)

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

BIRD SUPREMACY

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
:smugbird::respek::smugbird:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

axeil posted:

We gotta win one for Wentz at some point, but man at this point it's all downhill. We got a ring in the most improbable of fashions.

It really is.

Speaking as a Red Wings fan...once you win a championship, you're a championship team forever.

No matter what else happens, nothing's like the first title.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

axeil posted:

Nah

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
toot toot toot toot toot toot toot

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/Hardees/status/960365156516712449

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

axeil posted:

the jets (and chiefs) need rings as nfl members

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Is it weird that I'm going to buy a newspaper tomorrow for the first time in my life so I can frame it?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

no jets pls

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

axeil posted:

We had five Pro Bowlers on IR, five. Next year we'll be even better.

Tomorrow I will expect disaster again but for today I'm gonna swagger like victory is inevitable

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Vertical Lime posted:

They have Super Bowl rings. They're taken care of.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/RMcElhenney/status/960359959031578624?s=17

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
I still remember how I felt 20 years ago when Mobley knocked down Favre's pass and the Broncos finally won their first. Congrats Eagles fans.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm actually super upset because I had an old "And then Nick Foles Happened" Sports Illustrated" and I recently tossed it

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Lost and forgotten in all of this is that Darren Sproles has a ring :unsmith:

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

Asproigerosis posted:

Is it weird that I'm going to buy a newspaper tomorrow for the first time in my life so I can frame it?

gently caress no. Pretty certain i did that back when the Phils won.

My daughter is gonna be through the roof. Her school had the Eagles Playground build this year so she has a shirt with a fuckton of signatures on it AND she got to go play at the draft party/event. And now a Championship? Good memories.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Ashye posted:

gently caress no. Pretty certain i did that back when the Phils won.

My daughter is gonna be through the roof. Her school had the Eagles Playground build this year so she has a shirt with a fuckton of signatures on it AND she got to go play at the draft party/event. And now a Championship? Good memories.

Brandon Graham gave out some team-signed balls to Detroit friends, inscribed with 2017 Super Bowl Champs, for Christmas.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bama wins, Pats lose to BIG DICK NICK, all in all a good year.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

I bought a Sproles jersey within maybe two days of him being signed.

I am elated he has one WITH US!!!!

The electric RB that was forever underrated finally gets his :)

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

that's pretty fuckin awesome :unsmith:

any other feelgood ringers?

• Locked thread