Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I watched the Mic'd up highlights again today, jesus loving christ the spirals on those balls were just perfection...

Also how subdued alot of the team were in their celebrations up until the Brady strip sack when the entire side line went loving nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Side note, I didn't realize Ajayi, Blount, & Clement dropped 255 yards on the Patriots, jeez.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyyqpGChPs0

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

89 posted:

Side note, I didn't realize Ajayi, Blount, & Clement dropped 255 yards on the Patriots, jeez.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyyqpGChPs0

Which is good because one more and the super bowl would have crashed

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
This was such a special team. Emobided everything from every past Eagles team. Such a story.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Its a shame the NFL doesnt do the 3 Games to Glory stuff anymore. - Edit. This was apparently a pats exclusive thing but i hope the Eagles do something similar.

Do they still do America's Game?

Edit. Yes they do...Ok guys, who do you want to narrate the Eagles Americas Game and who should they interview.

My three guys would be:

Foles
Kelce
Jenkins/Graham

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 23, 2018

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Actually, let's be serious.

We knew this was special from the first drive of the season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atm8Br2McNM.

The Vikings & Patriots games at the very end were the masterpieces of Doug Pederson & The Eagles.

The entire time during the Super Bowl, I just couldn't believe the world was watching our boys. That guys like Brandon Graham, Malcolm Jenkins, and Fletcher Cox were getting the mainstream, worldwide recognition.

And now, we're the fuckin' Champs

89 fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Feb 23, 2018

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

89 posted:

This thread title still doesn't look real.

I really don't think that season can be topped. All of the stories. From the miracle kick of Jake Elliott, to so many Pro Bowl players going down, to the redemption of Nelson Agholor, to Brent Celek holding on, Jalen Mills coming to form. From the God Mode that Wentz had turned on seemingly straight from Week 1. There was definitely a shift during the Cardinals game (ironically I met my girlfriend who's a Cardinals fan, on this day. Probably gonna get married lol). The Elliott kick was incredible, but that Cardinals game was when everything was like....whoa, hey....what's going on here?

Then, the Redskins Monday Night Exhibition Slaughterhouse where the whole world saw what we were capable of.

Then, the shredding of the #1 defense (at the time) Broncos.

Then, just stomping everyone to the ground.

Then, the electric Rams game. That game was so intense.

The heartbreak of our dreams being broken with Wentz going down.

The realization of a broken dream in the Raiders game (hindsight, the weather was just poo poo).

Everybody making GBS threads on us, calling us a joke for the playoffs.

We knew we were going to beat the Falcons.

But, we didn't know about the Vikings. Everyone expected us to be blown out of the water.

But, then we dropped 38-7 on their hometown Super Bowl bound asses in Philadelphia and put our logo on their field in the Super Bowl.

Then, our hero, Nick Foles, the redemption story of a lifetime. Former Philly franchise prospect, shunned to the god awful Jeff Fischer Rams cause Chip Kelly hated good football players. Lost his love for his occupation. Almost retired. Our boy, Andy, got his faith in himself back that prevented him from retiring. Went back to Philly to prove himself that He Was The Rightetous Heir to the Throne.

The Eagles faced the highest level End Game Boss in Tom Brady & The New England Patriots in the Super Bowl.

We got into a shootout with Brady. Most yards in one NFL game in the history of the NFL.

And..

We Won.

:cry:

I became a Seattle fan not after Super Bowl 48 but Super Bowl 49-after seeing their humiliating defeat against the Patriots because of that terrible play and interception at the last second. It was a heart breaker, but I fell in love with how well they played. It also helps that Seattle is a city where a lot of what I love originated from (Hendrix, Cobain, Pearl Jam, Neuromancer and the Cyberpunk genre, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Starbucks). This was the first football season I've ever followed and following the Hawks was amazing, especially in week 17 when I won a hoodie off a bet-that was the moment where I became both a member and believer of the 12s.

To see Cam Newton run us over in the divisional round was one thing. To see him do so when it was clear that his team was over-depending on him was another. What really made me salty, and boy howdy was I full of salt, was the simple fact that he compared himself to Superman. How he kept wearing Superman shirts and also how his home field played the John Williams theme. This became nerd rage, and I wanted to see Batman beat Superman. Russel Wilson wasn't Batman and going into this game I was hoping Peyton would be. It turned out Von Miller was the Dark Knight, as he was sacking and pressuring Cam was glorious. This little internal narrative of mine was helped by the constant ad presence for Batman V Superman.

Congrats, Broncos and Von Miller. Congrats for avenging us. Here's looking forward to my team's 40th season

PS: If you're reading Febreeze, I'd like to see a comic where Cam Newton as Superman has the MVP sack-stripped from him by Von Miller as Batman.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

My Eagles Superbowl Champions hoodie arrived today :getin:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Sixers still undefeated since the Super Bowl.

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQtUmmZt_6Q

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Feb 25, 2018

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Jason Kelce just marched, playing bari sax, with the Avalon Sting Band for Mummers Mardi Gras in Manayunk.

This dude is an all timer. He’s going to go down in the Mt Rushmore of this town.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Shame about his association with the Mummers but he's cool other than that

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
please use real words

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I've had a boner for a few weeks now but when I told the doctor they were like "yeah dude me too it rules lol"

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

indigi posted:

I've had a boner for a few weeks now but when I told the doctor they were like "yeah dude me too it rules lol"

did u guys swordfight

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

nerve posted:

did u guys swordfight

They're friends so it was more like jousting

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I hosed his dick, with my dick

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Lol Nick Foles is Superbowl MVP.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

quote:

Reich on tight end Zach Ertz calling for a play in the NFC title game that the Eagles ended up using and gaining big:“When we're mining plays, some of the mining is coming from the players. In the championship game against the Vikings, Ertz comes to me on the sideline and says something to me about a play that wasn’t in the game plan, but we’d run it before, it just wasn’t in that game plan. He says, ‘Hey, I think Flutie Pump will be there.’ So I tell Doug [Pederson], ‘Hey, Ertz is telling me Flutie Pump is going to be wide open.’ And we hit it for 40 yards. [Actually 36] He called the play! Of course, to himself for a 40-yard gain, but that was cool about the culture and the relationship with the players that we had in Philly. I give Doug a lot of credit for trusting his players. That’s what his deal is—he trusts his players. Fourth-and-one when the game is on the line in the Super Bowl, he trusts his players. When you trust your players like that as a coach, you instill that confidence. Not every play is going to work, but that will be the same mentality that we will want to carry here in Indianapolis.”

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000909023/Zach-Ertz-separates-on-double-move-for-huge-36-yard-pickup

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Jota posted:

Shame about his association with the Mummers but he's cool other than that

I don't see why you would hate on working class european traditions! blackface was totally fixed back in the 60s, nevermind that there aren't any nonwhite mummers and that they still actually continue to do intentional *face racism

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfqxWLjFIXh/

Clement was an amazing UDFA steal.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Clement made me forget about Donnel Pumphrey's entire existance.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Donnie Jones decided to call it a career today

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Philadelphia Eagles Trophy Case

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also the Blu-ray or Digital HD version of the Season Film by NFL Films is now available for sale and rental. Watching a rental of it now on Amazon.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/NBCSPhilly/status/970846913565257729

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvJuI4I1Vto

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

I hope this is temporary. It looks like a high school division runner up trophy display.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
We won.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Please update your avatar.

ok

special non-compressed version:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asproigerosis posted:

I hope this is temporary. It looks like a high school division runner up trophy display.

It also lacks the WWE belt.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It also lacks the WWE belt.

Needs a picture of Brady crying IMO.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Elephanthead posted:

Needs a picture of Brady crying IMO.

or this:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Both are acceptable.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Some guy took the game video and encoded it with the Philly Radio audio:

https://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comments/83xt92/super_bowl_lii_1080p_native_merrill_mike_nbc_51/?utm_source=reddit-android

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I needed this in my life. Awesome.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
https://twitter.com/phleaglesnation/status/973265435562037248

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

in other circumstances I might make fun of an injured player doing something like that but Peters been here for long enough that I'm happy to see him stunt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Why does it have #11 on it?

• Locked thread