Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/BuddJenn/status/1454104490878009347?s=20

quote:

The Southern Border Communities Coalition, a network of organizations in California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas sent a letter to Congress, “To sound the alarm on the dangerous overreach of the illegal operation of U.S. Border Patrol’s unlaw Critical Incident Teams.”

Attorney Andrea Guerrero representing Alliance San Diego said, “These agents have been allowed to get away with everything including murder for the last 35 years.”

Guerrero said the alleged corruption of the so-called shadow police units was brought to light recently because of a San Diego case that happened years ago.

Latest Coronavirus Updates: County Reports 549 Cases, 29 Deaths
In May 2010, Anastasio Hernandez Rojas died at the hands of border patrol agents at the San Ysidro Port of Entry.

An eyewitness video showed he was beaten and tasered by border patrol agents while handcuffed and on the ground. None of the 12 agents were criminally charged, and Guerrero said that is because the border patrol’s Critical Incident Teams covered up and even destroyed evidence.

The letter asks Congress to investigate the Rojas case and others in which these teams had access to evidence, and the potential to tamper with it.

:stare: While its not suprising these exist, its still eye opening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Maybe people don't want to discuss it with you, that's a very real possibility. Nobody engaged with my post in there either.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Dec 2, 2021

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Willa Rogers posted:

That could very well be the case! I wasn't alleging a conspiracy; your post reminded me that I found this story at least as newsworthy as Mike Pompeo's current skin tone & weight when I came across it.

I also had a question for lawyers in the post above yours, and legal questions usually elicit responses in dnd.

eta: Thanks for bumping this thread to page 1, though!

Yeah, I think it DOES need to be discussed. Hope bumping it helped.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

PeterCat posted:

The article speaks for itself, but apparently I have to provide commentary.

Joe Biden's policies vis a vis the Border are materially identical to Trump's.

Pretty much, although Texas has also taken it upon themselves to make it somehow even worse.