Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
Moving my post from USPOL to here:

the 2016 lover posted:

Biden admin now limiting what information can be shared about the decompression centers.
https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1372136896504201217

I'm a little concerned, but it could be understandable. The whole no more border ride-alongs is fine, IMO. Trump didn't care about COVID, so I'm not surprised it's changed.

As far as the rest of the media freeze out, I can understand wanting a centralized message. It would be nice to be more transparent about the child detention centers, but it's the early days so I can see them wanting as few distractions as possible. Hopefully it doesn't continue on like that.

FWIW, here's the official response for those who didn't read the full article:

quote:

A DHS spokesperson said the agency is following standards set in 2014.

"Across the federal government, certain employees are designated spokespeople for their respective agencies and public statements are vetted to ensure accuracy. This standard and process has been followed at DHS since the Department's inception and across bipartisan administrations. Customs and Border Protection continues to publicly provide the same monthly data on the same schedule as it has since 2014," the spokesperson said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

Fritz the Horse posted:

its use has been paused in some European countries since bad clotting appears to be an uncommon but serious side effect.

This part might have been cleared up already? At least that's what EU regulators have declared: https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/18/europe/ema-astrazeneca-vaccine-blood-clots-decision-intl/index.html

quote:

The European Union's medicines regulator has concluded that the Oxford-AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine is safe to use after several EU countries suspended their rollouts following reports that it could be linked to blood clots.

The European Medicines Agency (EMA)'s executive director Emer Cooke said the agency had "come to a clear scientific conclusion: this is a safe and effective vaccine."

Cooke said the group did not find that the vaccine causes clotting, though it could not rule out definitively a link to a rare blood clotting disorder, of which seven cases have been reported out of several million doses given. She said the benefits of using the vaccine outweighed the risk.

The committee "concluded that the vaccine is not associated with an increase in the overall risk of thromboembolic events, or blood clots," Cooke said.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

Fritz the Horse posted:

cross-posting from the COVID thread:

https://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/i/KyGv2G/professor-says-cause-of-astrazeneca-side-effects-has-been-found

Norway at least thinks it's found a link between the AZ vaccine and clotting.

Interesting, I should probably follow that thread more. Thanks for posting this!

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

PeterCat posted:

I'm willing to bet that they have readers in the CBP who are willing to pass along internal memos.

In literally the first line you quoted from the article....

quote:

In a memo sent Thursday morning and obtained by Just the News