Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Reality Protester posted:

To wherever they were going before ice snatched them. As a solution, it closes the camps ✅

So into the texas desert without a plan, as children, with no actual idea on what they are doing.

Children alone yes this is a great plan that won't lead to pictures of kids dead in a loving desert, or more children abduction then ever recorded in the history of the us as human traffickers pick them up by carloads.

Please actually provide plans besides saying close the camps like that is the end all be all to a massive crisis that was done intentionally by trump in office for 4 years and now the current president on month 3 is trying to fix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

misadventurous posted:

How about seeing if they have relatives or friends in the US they can stay with? How about finding actually humane accommodations (as opposed to taking the inhumane ones we were using already and slapping fresh paint on them) and taking pains to ensure the staff that aid the refugees aren’t psychotic ICE/DHS meatheads? Have we tried, say, asking the refugees what they’d prefer to do? (I somehow doubt they prefer to be crammed together in plexiglass boxes.) Just spitballing, as I am merely a justice-minded opinionated goon and not an immigration lawyer or activist, but I am sure there are a range of things that can be done by our government between “detain them in unsafe conditions during an ongoing pandemic” or “kick them out into a literal desert”. Perhaps you could put forth a suggestion of your own? I think the idea that we need to be able to come up with a bullet-point list of suggestions for what the loving US government can do about immigration before we can even talk about it is ludicrous anyway, but if you’re going to request it from others at least have your own list to propose

OK I'll goddamn bite your bullshit from cspam to own the libs

They have been attempting humane accommodations, ie using empty hotels and the refugee centers
ICE is not running the refugee centers and they have been under the care of another org
Many of the refugees are children that don't speak english, dont know anyone in the US and came here due to their parents to escape the wars and fighting and purges in their respective countries. Its hard to find if they have family that live here, especially when Trump literally made it his duty to remove anyone that was undocumented and many are somewhat hidden because they still believe ICE will come to throw them out at any second

However, you tell me any idea that can handle an influx of 500k people and not be falling apart as a system intentionally sabotaged for four years is being remade from the ground up. You explain what you think is actually possible in less then 2 months. Otherwise its the same screaming to try and own forums enemies that has been the forefront in this thread instead of actually discussing the issues at the border and possible solutions or things that could have been done better.

It literally would be better for this thread as a whole to have actual ideas to discuss on what could be done, what could happening right now to fix it, and what failed to happen then screaming about what kind of camp is what. Literally all this thread is is people screaming about what to call a camp, and not about what could be done right now by the government or even themselves to potentially mitigate this issue humanely. And that is the major issue with DnD, its not actually talking or trying to find solutions its just morons screaming at eachother to try and own perceived enemies.

Post actual sources and solutions and not gotcha owns. just going release the children is goddamn stupid and useless

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

joepinetree posted:

This is such bad faith bullshit. For starters, most children aren't detained in the desert. Second, most children aren't crossing the border alone. Third, the indefinite detention of children is a fairly recent phenomenon.

There is no conversation to be had with someone who thinks the options are either putting children in cages or letting them die alone in the desert.

There's no argument to be had with someone that doesn't want to or is willing to understand that the world is not a black and white board with good and evil on it. Instead of just spewing bullshit from twitter and outrage actually provide solutions. There is more to the situation then a 140 character tweet.

You can try and paint others in order to justify why you should be able to own them, but it still does not mean that you understand poo poo about what is actually going on or anything being out into place inorder to solve the solution. Same as the person saying just release them into a city! Great loving idea! Release them into a city with no options, no place to stay, where homeless issue are typically rampant!

Nothing being said here is actual ideas it's the same outrage bs that has been going from day one. Fritz is the only one actually attempting to talk about things and sourcing poo poo.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Here's the thing, I get deployed by fema? I will be down there giving aide, and I will do it to provide care for these people. Not shitpost at others that they dont know what real harm is or what the name of a camp is. I can actually provide aide and if authorized I can and will go down there to do so for these kids. I can provide a level of care and humane treatment. Not scream at hypothetical enemies like most of the people here are. Aruan has a point, put your money where your mouth is, provide aide or go there and do it yourself or shut up.

I can get deployed at any time and go to national disasters and humanitarian crisis as part of my job, I can say I can help and do it, not scream endlessly at a windmill to try and own others. Saying that YOU can't change anything is wrong, anyone can do something to enact change. It just means not staring at your computer looking for excuses on what theres nothing that will ever change so why bother.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Thump! posted:

So... you’re not deployed or doing anything to help then other than posting screeds, is the takeaway here? You can provide the aid but you’re not because you haven’t been deployed to?

So do you know anything at all about anything besides this forum? Because much like many medical licenses, there are state agencies that require you to have an active license with them. And with EMS and first aid you need to be under a medical director for the area your in. I literally cannot act as a first responder unless I am authorized by medical control however can and will go if authorized by FEMA who has the ability to do so, much like I have before for covid and can for tornado and hurricane relief. Does that mean im sitting on my rear end? no, it means that I pay attention and make sure my skills are up to par to go and help while providing aid to local refugee and shelters in my area. Which is much more then anyone here trying to find points to attack others for are doing trying to find areas to go SEE THEY JUST ARE POSTING WORDS.

Thanks for showing your asses by not having any basic understanding on how anything works in regards to FEMA deployments or medical licenses. Again its obvious that the goal here is to disect everything to make people out to be monsters instead of discussing solutions or ways to provide aid to be people there. Literally everyone here can find local shelters or refugee groups that would gladly take help in your area, instead its about finding ways to own posting enemies on SA instead of leaving your posting hovel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Why the hell are you linking a literal far right website in any shape or form?

Irregardless of the article, brietbart is toxic garbage that posts alt right and neo Nazi propaganda, and nothing there should ever be taken at face value.