Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
You can’t overstate how much the Chinese exclusion act and the KKK had on our immigration policy. If I can dig through some of my old texts I can try to do some elaborating but it depends on my time.

Thank you so much for making this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

augias posted:

Thanks for reminding me to note my A-number somewhere in my home, in my wife's phone, and her laptop, in case ice decides to throw me in mystery prison while my green card process is pending

Don’t have an I-797 to back your application status?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

augias posted:

Am i supposed to carry that poo poo around on me daily? Fine I guess. Seems like a tall order to ask ice agents to count 180 days past the date the form was received vs throwing me in a detention facility

I wish you didn’t have to but if ICE are being poo poo heels make a copy of it and keep it on your person.

Sorry it’s the first thing that came to my head as proof of why you’d have expired docs. Just trying to help :sigh:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Doubt any of this will work and we will we deportations start as soon as trump’s plan fails to pass. Court stays and orders be damned because trump is a petty petty skin tube of a man