Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PRAISE THE SUN
Feb 1, 2018
While current immigration policies definitely need modernization for the 21st century, I think that the people who flip their poo poo at the idea of having any kind of border control at all are absolutely insane. Literally every country in South America has extremely strict border policies and treats illegal immigrants far, far worse.

I'd be happy with changing immigration policies to be more simple and similar to a lot of other first world countries (namely, mostly only let in refugees and people who are economically useful in some fashion beyond simple day labor), along with making E-Verify mandatory for any business larger than, say, 10 employees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PRAISE THE SUN
Feb 1, 2018

augias posted:

Can you cite any cases of a south american country that systematically abuses immigrant rights please. Im south american and my experience is biased towards "we aren't nazis like the gringos" but am willing to learn more since you apparently know something I didn't.

I meant Central and South America, but was actually thinking "Mexico". For that, at least, I do have some stuff.

This article is from 2006 but (for whatever that's worth) is cited on Wikipedia. There's also this article from 2016 that shows that things really havn't changed much in ten years.