Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
The "...Judging by your looks, you’re not from the Empire, right? So are you a Crossbell native?" line unduly amuses me, since Lloyd is wearing a Crossbell Police jacket, as you can see here:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Junpei posted:

Ummm... Why does the spelling on the green-haired Testament guy switch back and forth between being "Wazy" and "Lazy"?

It's actually Łazy, where Ł is a letter used in Polish that's usually described to Americans as "pronounce it as W".

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Royce in Lunar Silver Star Story Complete has the most complete dickish use of Sleep in JRPG history.

Megaten's Eternal Sleep says hi.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
MNG as in the Dynasty...?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Thanks, Pyre. I'll look into that when I get home. I'll post here if it works, in case anyone else has the same issue

Maybe dumb question: did you run FSetup5.exe? The thing looks like it's ready to run when you decompress the dlsite SFX rar, but it actually
has all its data packed up and needs that thing as an installer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I did but I can't read what it wanted to do so I don't know if it sent the necessary files somewhere else or what

I guessed the right button to get it to ask about an install dir. Hmm, it creates a FALCOM directory under it,
which has ed_zero, and under that there should be data with a whole bunch of subdirs (apl, battle, bgm,..._),
as compared to the starting point which has data.arc instead.

Try to see if you have c:\FALCOM\ if that's not where you're looking, that seems to be the default?

(Your symptom is identical to what the game executable does when run from where it was first extracted w/o install).