Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

The same guys who did this translation of Zero have 100% translated but 0% edited Ao and are in the process of testing it to make sure it doesn't break the game before releasing it sometime this month.

So you probably don't have to put too much work into doing Ao yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I'm used to calling her Cecile myself.

I really like this introduction the most though. Where FC took forever to introduce the characters and Cold Steel kinda threw you in the deep end with no real reason to care about the other characters until chapters they become relevant in, Zero starts off fairly simply, briskly and sets up the core cast of characters in the game quickly. By the end of the prologue you know who your party will be, what kind of people they are like and why they joined the SSS. It creates a really good dynamic and because of the focus on the smaller cast and setting, I think Crossbell and the characters who live there feels the most developed in the series so far.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Really Pants posted:

Do you ever see the current date in the Crossbell games? Is it possible to match them up with events in Cold Steel?

Not exactly, but Zero begins a few months before the events of Cold Steel and ends around the same time Class VII do their second field study, with Ao beginning sometime before the fifth field study of Class VII and ending around the same time Cold Steel 2 does.

Selenephos fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jun 6, 2018

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

Huh, I thought the spin-off game wasn't connect to this universe.

You're probably thinking of Nayuta no Kiseki, a good game which plays more like Zwei than anything Trails related and I believe it was given the Kiseki branding for marketing purposes. Akatsuki is canon, it's just mostly a bit of extra world building and isn't essential like Sky 1-3, Zero & Azure or Cold Steel 1-4 are.