Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
What's a good way to learn about curling basics? It seems like a fun sport to watch during the olympics but I never have any idea what the hell is going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
so they brush forward and back if they're trying to keep it going and sideways if they want to slow it? Seriously I wasn't being glib with my previous post I don't know a loving thing about curling but I want to.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Thank you everyone for the responses! I watched a couple championship matches on youtube and am definitely gonna be following this year :) I also like the mixed doubles format. Its kinda like hockey and bocce ball had a baby (at least that's what my first impression was, I dunno maybe that's a weird way to think about it). I've got at least one curling club in my area so I'm gonna see if I can get a group together to go to a newbie event sometime.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MrT/status/962493805118177280

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo USA won :stare: gonna need a full watch whenever it gets posted , had to be sleeping for this one :(

• Locked thread