Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
One of my co-workers is going to Korea with one of the Canadian teams, so I will be more invested than ever in the grand sport of Olympic curling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
NotRussia had a great triple against Korea

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Tolly Totes posted:

These games are so low scoring compared to the others

Yeah after watching mixed doubles, I forgot how common blank ends could be in regular curling. Canada/Italy still scoreless in the third.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
The third ended scoreless but the fourth is off to a much more interesting start, four rocks in the house right now

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
:siren: Somebody scored :siren:

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
I think Marc Kennedy is my favorite curler to watch.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
I see no lead is ever too safe for Shuster

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Bilirubin posted:

Might I introduce you to Kevin Martin? Canada adopted the free guard zone because of his ability to clear the house (and then went the to the international rule a efw years later so players would be accustomed to it for Worlds).

e. my wife was at an event when someone, after Martin peeled rock after rock after rock, yelled "booring!", to which he responded "winning!"

Kevin Martin sounds like the Martin Brodeur of curling.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
That's the closest I've ever seen a stone to the hogline

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Great double to end it for Canada!

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
All four matches are 4-3 right now, that's weird

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Yeesh

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
If Canada can't pull off a miracle to get into the playoffs I am 100% on board with Team Kim.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
lol britain

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
I am. US has been executing better than Canada but it's still a very close game.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Eugggghhhh

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Sweden's going to cream the US

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
An added blow to Canada losing is there's no way I can stay up to watch the bronze medal game tonight after waking up for 6 AM, and then also be able to work tomorrow.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Go Sweden

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
oh man

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Go Team Kim

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Korea's having some issues...

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

STAC Goat posted:

It's the nature of tournament events. It's impossible to lose the big game and feel good about the medal you get handed in consolation. That takes time and perspective.

I feel like bronze might be a better feeling than silver because you go home having won your last game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
So who's ready for when the Brier starts up next week

• Locked thread