Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Which is the best Doctor Who DVD commentary? I only have Curse of Fenric and Remembrance of the Daleks on DVD and want some funny commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Well both those stories are great so I’ll order both of them!

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Battlefield is great. The only bad McCoys are Silver Nemesis and Time and the Rani.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Delta and the Bannermen is too silly for me to dislike. Silver Nemesis though commits the cardinal sin of being really boring.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Rirse posted:

Dang, I ran out of episodes of Doctor Who to watch from the revival after starting it shortly after watching Twice Upon a Time and ending with the same episode tonight. Still want to try to watch some classic Doctor Who, I might wait a while before I do that. In the meantime, time to play the waiting game for the new season.

Watch the classic episodes OP, they are very cool and good. My recommended way to get into classic Who is just to watch every Jon Pertwee episode.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Inferno is a bad story

...for your first Pertwee coz it’s all about evil versions of our beloved UNIT gang. Fantastic story though with a contender for best ever cliffhanger.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Yeah I’m another who was initially put off the revival by Rose, I didn’t start watching until a little into the Tennant era. Going back to the Eccleston episodes I did really like most of them. End of the World is a much, much better introduction to what RTD Doctor Who is all about.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Smh at all the posters whose first time watching the revival was their first time watching Doctor Who.

My first Who exposure was catching a 90s repeat of The Sea Devils. I would have liked Rose better if it was more like The Sea Devils.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Yeah Curse of Fenric is the best.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I watched Shada for the first time last night (the latest version). It was great, despite already knowing a lot of the plot from Dirk Gently. I hadn’t realised there was as much footage as there is, I had assumed it was like the other reconstructed stories, which are largely unwatchable IMO. But no Shada is extremely watchable and the animation does the job ok.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I bought Time Flight on DVD the other day. An unfairly maligned classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB2yqeD0Nus

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I also bought Power of the Daleks and Arc of Infinity but it was Time Flight I really wanted.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Doctor Zero posted:

Farmergeddons masterpiece has been taken off Youtube. :smith:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5sb07l

Thank you, this is what I really wanted to post but I couldn’t find it on YouTube!

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

That Dalek is far too slim to be Trump, should have used one of the Moffat fat Daleks.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

God the Trial of a Timelord era theme is the worst. Hard to believe it was followed by the brilliant McCoy era theme.

It’s amazing how much Doctor Who I’ve been watching thanks to twitch taking the decision of which episode to watch for me.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

It didn’t help that they had just done the companion who is the centre of a cosmic mystery with Amy. And modern Clara being a last minute change from Victorian nanny Clara.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Deadly Assassin is good. But I agree with the general point that there are several classic serials worse than Aliens of London/WW3, because AOL/WW3 is good.

Like Twin Dilemma or anything involving the Rani are far worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Guys, guys don’t argue, you are all soft southerners for living anywhere in England.

• Locked thread