Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I met Elizabeth Sladen at a convention the day after 'School Reunion' first aired. She was sweet, kind and gracious, and luminously beautiful. And tiny! I could have put her in my pocket.

K9 was also there. I patted his nose when his handler wasn't looking. Perfect crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Say what you like but this loving thing terrified me as a seven-year-old. Everything about Who terrified me then but I was glued to it anyway. Never understood a drat thing about what was happening but I skipped Brownies two weeks out of three to watch it. (if you skipped three weeks in a row they kicked you out)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Nardole with the blue paint on is the most adorable thing in the world.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I enjoy that in Last of the Time Lords the Master sighs 'I don't know who I'd be without that noise' and the answer turns out to be 'a hilarious rear end in a top hat like usual, but with a bit more focus'. I can't express how much I adore Simm's Master. He's such a dick. :D

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

2house2fly posted:

Sure but if I was at the other end of the universe possibly thousands of years away from "now" and saw someone who looked a bit like John Major my reaction would probably just be to think "blimey, that bloke looks like John Major, that's weird"

Even if John Major were mostly famous for murdering the President? Dude's face would be one of the most famous in the world.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

docbeard posted:

Still better than "lol I slept through the entire story" when they couldn't be bothered to write anything for Nyssa to do.

Yeah that sounds more like something Jamie would do.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I watched The Omen the other day and Troughton is just SO good in it.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Reading this thread reminded me of the time I was at a scifi convention in the shopping centre in Milton Keynes. A little old lady was creaking very, very slowly past the edge of the whole thing, oblivious, and a Dalek was slowly following her, singing in its Dalek voice the music from Formula One. It was brilliant.
I also saw said Dalek assure a small child that it wouldn't exterminate his father right then, because Daleks also respect Bank Holidays.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

The worst part about Kroll is that they hired Philip Madoc... to play some random background dude who doesn't do anything.

I mean, the guy they cast as the villain was well-cast and did a very good job with a pretty poor script.... but why would you hire Philip Madoc and NOT make him your villain?

This! I knew Philip Madoc and he was lovely. An absolute gentleman.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Hey Jude for pop, Ode to Joy for classical.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I read one of the tie-in novels with 9/Rose/Jack and all I remember is a bit where a Cold War Soviet soldier says suspiciously to Jack, “You sound American” and he says happily, “Thank you!”

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

ewe2 posted:

Gee, it's dusty in here. Another Cracker fan :D

John Simm is in an episode of Cracker playing a 17-year-old boy and he looks, if anything, even younger than that, and it's ridiculous. ...not a terrible episode, bit dated these days.
Harry Saxon, yesterday:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

docbeard posted:

Related, much as I really didn't like the dynamic of Martha's unrequited love for the Doctor, "Oh she was blonde" in Utopia (I think) covers a multitude of sins.

Man, Utopia was loving brilliant. Shame about the way it all ended up.

I will fight you. I know for a fact you looked at Peri's boobies while Five was dying. Traitor.

I'm just glad John Simm got to be in at least one episode where I don't have to go 'but look, his performance is actually really good, please ignore the actual plot that's happening'.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I already adore her. That little grin.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

So who do you guys favor for the identity of the Woman in White from “The End of Time”?

Personally I favor her being the Doctor’s mom.

I've always liked that too.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

He looks really good with that white hair and just wants everyone to know it. The only thing wrong with The End of Time is there's not enough pop music.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Did the plan come first or did he think of the pun and worked towards it? ...obviously the second one

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Payndz posted:

I've got Irish ancestry, but unfortunately not near enough back for me to be able to snag an Irish passport and swan off around the EU (as I actually did for the last two years) with impunity while Britain implodes.

My dad's Irish and I'm so grateful for the chance to remain an EU citizen. But also quite cross about the situation.

On a brighter note, congrats LL! You're closer to your final form!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

This almost makes me want to watch Holby.

• Locked thread