Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just caught up.

I wasn't a huge fan of Capaldi's 12 for a long time. I lost interest in the series. I think a large part of that is that I just kind of struggle when they changed doctors/companions but keep the old one. Like, I didn't like Clare when she was with 11 and I think part of that was me comparing her to the Ponds, but I started to take to her more when 12 showed up because it felt like a new start. And I liked 12 more with Bill and Nardle because there just felt like less baggage and stuff that wasn't his. But I enjoyed the last season and I'm debating giving the whole 12 run another chance removed from any expectations or feelings about 11.

And it all in all makes me interested to go into 13 with what looks like a clean slate and a fresh start like 11 (mostly) had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't really compare Donna and the Ponds (don't forget Rory, damnit!) to Clara because I kind of accept that the 11th Doctor and the 12th Doctor are different people. Or at least different versions of the same person. 12 is willing to do things that 11 isn't.

Or are we talking about whatever 11 did to save Clara with all the Impossible Girl stuff and not the time 12 saved Clara from dying? I admit everything in the Clara period is kind of a blur to me which is why I'm considering a rewatch.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

CommonShore posted:

I enjoy this scene but I'm completely baffled by it from a narrative standpoint.

I'm no Who expert but it seems relatively clear that it's implying he's the doctor many regenerations from now in the distant future and he just decided to take on some of his old faces as he went.

But also its just fanservice, not plot development, so you can just chalk it up to a weird curator and the Doctor reading into things.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It just seems like Doctor Who makes no sense if you're the type that cares deeply about canon and continuity. No? You just gotta go for the ride.

• Locked thread