Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

E: wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Goofy-looking, yet still menacing monsters seems to be DW's strong point, starting back with the Daleks

The Fisher King was an interesting concept and I hope they'll bring it back in the audios

I mean, it was just an alien dictator.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEGaHn8NIg4

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The art is pretty bad in my experience.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The first Who I remember seeing is the regeneration at the end of Caves of Androzani. Some repeat on a cable channel. I'm British, so obviously I was going to watch the revival and aside from the Eleven/Clara half season I've not stopped. Don't know why I didn't watch that one, just kind of couldn't be bothered after the last half season had been a bit crap.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

that was ONE TIME!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'd completely forgotten this episode and I've already forgotten the last one you reviewed. Thought they were really good at the time, though.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

jivjov posted:

Not every single entry is great...but there's more good than bad.

The yuuzhan vong pile alone makes that not true

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Glad the kid from The Strange Case of the Dog in the Night-Time is doing well.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

loving sue me

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Nine and Rose arrive on a planet that doesn't have a North, and Nick Briggs the Doctor has to lose the accent to blend in.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

I feel like I’ve seen that man before but I’m pretty sure it’s just a weird psychological thing.

Weirdly enough he puts me in mind of the Toymaker for some reason

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

CobiWann posted:

Am I the only person who really liked The Return of Doctor Mysterio?

yes

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Wellllllll, she's a woman, anyway. I don't know that she as any particular claim to nobility, but either way, it's exciting.

erm

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

anyway there's probably nothing wrong with clara's fate in isolation but what cheesed a lot of people off about her was that she had a real air of being Moffat's pet character, and getting to be immortal and going off with another immortal to have adventures forever in her very own tardis is the most emphatic way he could have confirmed that idea

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

is he tweeting like trump

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

How soon we forget the welder dalek from Parting of the Ways.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm sure I vaguely remember seeing Daleks shooting gas one time.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The ring maybe.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

DrNutt posted:

But of course the Doctor's Daughter makes it seem like he's never been a parent until then so :shrug:

I mean, aside from the line where he mentions it?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Austen Atkinson, apparently.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Cleretic posted:

I don't remember if they were ever explicitly stated to be a species in the Moffat era, but I always pictured them as a very big crime family. Like when the Yakuza games mention the Dojima Clan or something; yes, calling a ship 'Slitheen' is technically simplifying it, there's non-Slitheen on there, but the Slitheen family own it and are pulling the strings.

That's absolutely what they were.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_PP8zSTEIw

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The cybus one in Pandorica is probably just because they didn't have the redesign ready, don't worry about it too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

man I forgot how shoddy the camera work is for that scene

• Locked thread