Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

CommonShore posted:

I enjoy this scene but I'm completely baffled by it from a narrative standpoint.

Who knows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I was just about to post those :argh:

This looks like the poster to a kid's fantasy movie....which is a pretty appropriate aesthetic I suppose.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Edward Mass posted:

Is there really a demand for a new Quantum Leap? Can't we just, you know, have something original?
We're getting a reboot of Greatest American Hero, we can tolerate a reboot of Quantum Leap.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Nero Wolfe, but modern day is an idea that works almost too well.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

We like hearing Capaldi talk about Doctor Who yes?
https://twitter.com/nazzlepops/status/1001556243142643719

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

That and the ‘random crap we found in a skip and put on the console pretending to be controls’ look of it makes it look cheap. I’m annoyed that that carried through to the 1st Smith console looking like it was made of whimsy. The rest of Smith’s first console room looked alright. I liked all the multi-level stuff, but the console dragged it down.

Made of whimsy is kind of Eleven in a nutshell, but yeah, that console took it too far.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Potsticker posted:

Sometimes you only want something to burn for just a little bit.

And then you can burn it again, genius if you ask me.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

Ah, found a full version. So good.

Needs more Kirby Krackles.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

They needed to make the plunger and ray gun tiny.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

9/Rose/Jack,

I feel like this is the trio that has the most room for expanded stories to be told about, but also the one with the least chance of that happening.

Has everyone seen the trailer for Matt Smith's zombie movie (and Matt Smith's American accent?)

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Son, father, and great great great(?) grandmother.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I've bitched enough about how Amy and Rory left (it was way too writerly fiat, etc etc). Instead I want to focus on how the Angels kept chasing poor Rory after he founded the Time Bureau
https://twitter.com/RattyBurvil/status/901162852131758080

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Cleretic posted:

Is there a map or timeline of some kind I can refer to for those shows? Because the only reason I haven't started watching them is because I have no idea what order to do it in.

Arrow > Flash > Legends. Supergirl premiered the same season as Legends, but it's in its own universe. Watching the earlier shows isn't super important for Legends, but pretty much all the leads are introduced in the Arrow and Flash, plus it makes the crossovers matter more if you're familiar with the entire multiverse, and last year's big crossover might be my most favorite superhero anything. Then again, watching three seasons of Arrow and two of Flash just to get to Legends is a lot of tv, but they are the good seasons so :shrug:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh hey for anyone who hasn't seen this yet. The Ringer named Blink the 92nd best episode of television this century. Cool, even if their initial write-up said Moffat was the showrunner at the time.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The office website just posted a very glowing appreciation of Pickwoad by Moffat
https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1034454534897238017

quote:

If Doctor Who had been a designer, instead of a rebel Time Lord, she’d have been Michael Pickwoad.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

TL posted:

Of course not, Richard E. Grant is Thrawn.

That's pretty rude to poor Lars Mikkelsen.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Astroman posted:

Yeah, but in the same movie would be bigger.

You could vaguely make the case that Greg Grunberg counts, though he was voice only in Star Trek. So if he were in this one...

Grunberg definitely counts since he also had a small part in Beyond.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

But that's the night CW moved Supergirl to. If BBCA schedules it for 8pm, I'm going to be grouchy. :argh:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

She literally breaks a glass ceiling.

:allears:

Ooooooooooooooohhhhh.

I'm still sick of that song though

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

I found Ustinov and Albert Finney both went too broad with their portrayals of Poirot. I should check out the Branagh one I guess?

You really don't gave to unless you want to see Johnny Depp get brutally murdered, which hey who doesn't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Edward Mass posted:

Doctor Who Series 11 (Season 37): “She’s in charge, bro.”

There.

• Locked thread