Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

In a way, I think it's for the best the Eighth Doctor is primarily audio, since that lets them get away with more stuff that would be difficult on a show budget

Still, needs more wobbly TARDIS consoles, occasionally bumping into the camera, and corpsing something fierce whenever Eight goes ham on some poor fool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Goofy-looking, yet still menacing monsters seems to be DW's strong point, starting back with the Daleks

The Fisher King was an interesting concept and I hope they'll bring it back in the audios

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Got into Doctor Who through My Little Pony, of all things and I started with the 50th Anniversary Special (And kept getting Matt Smith and David Tennant confused for one another) before hunting down the start of the Revival Series

When the Doctor opened the door and met Rose, I wondered if I was watching the wrong show, but much like Rose, by the end of the episode, I was totally on board and powered through the rest of the first Series

Watched the rest of the series over the next few months and enjoyed everything (although there's a few episodes I'd definitely skip on rewatches)

Once I was caught up with the Revival, I then went in search of the Classic series and watched some of One, Four, Five, Six, and Seven, as well as the Movie

Saw the Reanimated version of the Power of the Daleks, Tomb of the Cybermen, and Invasion for my Two fix, and one of these days I need to watch some of Three so I can see more of the Classic Master

Of all the Classic era, Genesis of the Daleks, Stones of Blood (Amelia Rumford was an absolute hoot), and Pyramids of Mars are probably my favorite

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

I got a little creative before the snow here in the UK vanishes.

You should @ that to the Doctor Who twitter, it looks lovely

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I liked Extremis and I'm lenient on Lie of the Land because it hits so many Half-Life 2 vibes for me

Easy enough to skip the middle episode though - the recap for The Pyramid at the End of the World, much like the recap for Zygon Invasion seen in Zygon Inversion, made it seem much more interesting than it really was

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Say what you like about the stories of Series 10, but there's no denying Capaldi looked fabulous in all of them

Just when I'd nearly forgotten about his fluffy hair...

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Would've been nice to have Paul McGann, John Barrowman, and Alex Kingston team up for a mini-series instead of...say...Class

Oh well~

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

inb4 the Beeb announces that Series 11 will be put off for another year and we get Class: Second Semester instead

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Davros1 posted:

Rewatched Day of the Doctor, and drat, do I love John Hurt.

Eleven: I demand to be locked up with my co-conspirators, Sand Shoes and Grandad.
War: (incredulously) Grandad?!
Ten: These aren't sand shoes!
War: (scoffs) Yes they are.

Not even five minutes with his future selves and War was already done with the both of them

"What are you going to do, assemble a cabinet at them?"

He's adorable

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

And not a single photo, concept art, or fanart was ever made for it (or released, anyway)

A pity

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Unfortunately, those poor saps are stuck with Five, whom spending any length of time with is usually a death sentence...

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I don't suppose there's a track listing for the S9 OST?

And I guess we'll have to wait another three years for the S10 tunes

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Someone asked for a Series 9 cover with "the correct logo" on it (made by Mortadelo)
HQ Alt:

Does seem weird to have an OST with another time period's logo on it

The_Doctor posted:

Here you are! The special track from Heaven Sent is ‘The Shepherd’s Boy’.

Strange - not a lot of tracks from The Witch's Familiar on there
Or did it use previously released music...?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

egon_beeblebrox posted:

"The Chimes of Midnight" is cool and good.

Seems a shame to wait until Christmas to listen to it...

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

Oh, huh, the S9 soundtrack has leaked onto YouTube.

Picked it up yesterday and have been thoroughly enjoying it

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rhyno posted:

Because he's 906.

"When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good, you will not."

He ages like fine wine

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fXo47CIUuFg

Well, first there was the live recording of the song done months ago, and people have been uploading the tracks when they leaked a while back, but now we've got "The Shepherd's Boy" within easy listening distance if need be

Huzzah

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cruel Rose posted:

poor Eric.

It was looking for the snake, you see

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Has Capaldi started sleeping outside the BFA offices yet?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Astroman posted:

It's the 70s. 12 is teaching at the university, watching over Missy. 3 is working for UNIT. Jack is with Torchwood. There's an alien invasion of a disco.

:boom:

And somewhere, the tea is getting cold

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Chokes McGee posted:

How would he know? :thunk:

Something something oddly-shaped gap in his memories?

"Interesting, there's enough space to fit Shada in here..."

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Dangerouslytal/status/994892897848786944
Asking the real questions that need to be answered

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Chokes McGee posted:

Excuse me, sir, he prefers to be called the Curator. :colbert:

It was there all along and we never realized it

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

And then we learn that Doctor Who has in fact appeared in every single entertainment medium ever created, from cave paintings to whenever we get around to discarding our flesh and blood and become pure energy

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Not a lot of Twelve, I've noticed
I blame the hiatus

I'm looking forward to Rule 63 of the Thirteenth Doctor just as much as I'm looking forward to Whitaker

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cheese, wine, and ham are the bread and butter of a good audio

Subject to change depending on the story being told, of course

What makes a good garnish? Salt?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

I've noticed that 13 has earrings. Since the Doctor has never had earrings before (ok, maybe 8 did at some point), I'm imagining the TARDIS making a side trip to Claire's Accessories. "Look, I want these things, but I've no idea how they attach! Help!"

"I have to do what to my ears?!"

Although I wouldn't be surprised if the Doctor messed around with earrings during his academy days
He seems the type to think punching holes in his ears and threading metal through them would be a lot of fun
He then shows up to class drenched in blood and can't hear anything

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Fascinating seeing the Host and the Weeping Angels sharing the same space in the Titan comics
They brought back "The image of an Angel becomes an Angel" gimmick as well

Funny seeing the Doctor getting involved in a protest though (With a "Not in my name" sign, even)

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Love the color scheme

Very warm and inviting

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Capaldi's smiles and hair are what everyone should strive for

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Doctor Who, But Every Time The Doctor Is On Screen They're Wearing Mismatched Footwear

And now I kinda wanna see every Doctor given Six's style of wardrobe

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Davros1 posted:

Saw these online (and forgive the multiple posts, I don't have a flickr or whatnot to post multiple pics)

Davros1 posted:

8, 10, 11

What scares me is how well they pull it off
It's a very clever outfit

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

After The War posted:

And lest we lose sight of just how much plaid is going on there:

:swoon:

Well now we need everyone in plaid

I wonder if the Doctor ever takes time off and sequesters himself in the wardrobe and knits outfits for a couple hundred years

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Okay, but seriously

What if BFA let the surviving Doctors pen an audio or two?
I'd love to be a fly on the wall during that creative process

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Were I a lesser being, I'd take screenshots from The Zygon Inversion Vault Speech and apply those quotes to Kate and Twelve

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Chokes McGee posted:

I am cursed with the ability to mimic actors’ voices and yet the inability to write anything highbrow enough to actually win. :negative:

Clearly your talents lie in making audio recordings of the different entries

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Would Matt be the eleventh-hour arrival who bails them out when they inevitably roll Nat1s against the enemy of the week?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The thread cannot handle that level of Capaldi's hair

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The TURDIS returns!

Still not as majestic as the one going down a flooded street though

At least it got airborne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"I am not a good man! And I'm not a bad man either. I'm not a hero. I'm definitely not a president, and no, I'm not an officer. You know who I am? I… am… an idiot! With a box and a screwdriver. Passing through. Helping out. Learning."

"I’m just a bloke in a box telling stories. I didn’t come here because I'm ashamed. A bit of shame never hurt anyone. I came… because you're sick and you asked. And because sometimes, on a good day, if I try very hard… I’m not some old Time Lord who ran away. I'm the Doctor."

To me, that sums up the Doctor well enough

• Locked thread