Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Don't worry, there will still be "the doctor is a woman" jokes and references. In the article it stated that the writers didn't know when they made their drafts. There's plenty of time during finals, punch ups, and on set improve!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Some early reviews are in. The general consensus that I've read so far is that the production values are great, Jodi is fine, the shows tone has shifted a bit towards less "witty" and more "accessible".

Hot takes! Those aren't my feelings. I haven't seen anything, but I am looking forward to the change. I wonder what they mean by witty and accessible. I know no matter what happens we aren't going to have farting aliens and killer trash cans... Right?

In anticipation of the new series, I've taken my 13 Doctors figures and nerdily posed them all looking towards an opened Tardis waiting.

E:

Also it helps if I link the article:
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-45664170

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 27, 2018

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe, I thought "less witty" may refer to:

Rod Mcphee, The Sun posted:

She doesn't always strike the right balance between quirky geek and masterful Time Lord. And at times she comes across as irritatingly childlike...

Though from the same article

more peoples! posted:

Does this first episode get everything right, all of the time? No," said Digital Spy's Morgan Jeffrey.

"But it scores where it really counts, showing more than enough wit and flair to convince us that we're entering into a new era that'll be every bit as bold and, yes, brilliant as we'd hoped.

So if anyone's keeping track, that's less witty but definitely more than enough wit. :D Basically what I'm saying is that I love critics!

Seriously though, I am looking forward to it and now a little more so since it seems like it's getting generally positive feedback.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Zero posted:

Wait wait wait. Guys. I’m having an existential crisis. What do we do with the line “Wonderful chaps - all of them?” :ohdear:

Now you bring this up, right after that new tattoo I got!

• Locked thread