Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
JOKE DRAWN FROM SHOW MATERIAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The next thread should just be that super creepy Tom Baker drawing from the last thread. That's all. Nothing else in the OP.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

badjohny posted:

Is there anywhere to stream the new Xmas episode? I got all caught up on amazon prime, but they don't have the latest Xmas one yet.

The BBCA app does not even list Dr Who as a show to watch, unless I am somehow using the app wrong.

From what I recall it goes live for Prime on the 13th, the day of the physical release.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I decided to finish up CLASS and uh, this was a terrible idea.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Anyone is this thread could have told you that.

You should have popped back and warned me!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bicyclops posted:

Would the show be good to watch in a group, with booze, and riff on?

Watching this show in a group might incite a riot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

The one with the two boxes? That's definitely from Robots of Death like you say:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvnKXOGYKM8

Unless I'm misunderstanding your question?

I'm sorry, the Robots of what?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You know, I'm not the biggest fan of River Song but her rant about the Doctor in Husbands is really great.

TWO HEARTS, STUPID CLOTHES

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Are the modern comics any good?

They try but overall they've been bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The last IDW series wasn't terrible. The Forgotten. Fun concept and Frobisher showed up!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
GenCon is the smelliest con I have ever attended. I get flashbacks to the smells every time the con rolls around.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Timby posted:

There's a hotel in Madison, Wisconsin, that hosts a an art and anime con every spring. When I worked there, the director of rooms told me she had to put a line item in her budget every year just for that specific event because they have to rent like every ozone machine, rug doctor and air purifier they can find in the county just to get the smell out. And that's attendance at a 373-room hotel; I don't want to imagine what a huge 50,000-person event like GenCon would be like.

Although the BronyCon people in Baltimore ... you could smell that poo poo a mile away. I was also told by the people at Visit Baltimore that they were practically dancing in their office when the Otakon people told them they were ending their contract and moving to DC.

Ha! I have a friend in hospitality and he says delousing the rooms is such an undertaking they have to bring in temps.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gynovore posted:

Just off the top of my head, I'd recommend Face of Evil, Pyramids of Mars, and Deadly Assassin as good starting points for the 4th Doctor. Honestly, though, it's pretty much all good.

Correct, all Fourth Doctor stories are excellent.

ALL OF THEM

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

docbeard posted:

It's also Colin Baker's best televised Doctor Who episode.

You son of a bitch how dare you

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

docbeard posted:

(I do not care for Vengeance on Varos)

I'LL KILL YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pretty!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Can we not loving do this

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bicyclops posted:

What's wrong with it?

Sorry, I thought he was leaning into a negative stance on it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

docbeard posted:

You'll at least be able to run into Tom Baker at the bar.

Any bar. Every bar. He is at all of them, simultaneously and continuously.

He's there right now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tim Burns Effect posted:

The reason the autograph fees are so high for the bigger cons is that all the big name guests have guarantees, where the con says "you are guaranteed to make X amount of money through sales and the con will make up the difference if you don't", which is also why they have handlers/ con staff sitting next to them that are really strict about it

So what you do is go by their table on Sunday afternoon after theyve made their $$$ and the handler is gone because some of them will just start handing out free poo poo after that (my wife got Richard Hatch's autograph that way unintentionally)

It's getting worse because now the cons have to deal with agencies that directly negotiate the appearance fees. So there's basically a middle man now and you're paying those fees as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I believe Amell set up his own agency to manage his own con appearances (and those of his friends) to cut out the middleman, didn't he? I think it was in that "garbage bags full of twenties" article from a while ago.

Exactly what I was referencing. There's now a half dozen such agencies.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I bought "Timelash." I expect it to be terrible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Watching some "classic" revival series, the New Dimension special that aired just before Rose. And it's narrated by David Tennant! Paying close attention, there's scenes from the finale cut in here, specifically the regeneration scene. Kind of neat to see at this point. Oh and Matt Lucas is in the audience!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pesky Splinter posted:

I just remember being really really thrilled.

We all were. The SA thread was almost entirely hype and excitement.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well many may recall that back in the :filez: day that Rose actually leaked a few days early with the Fourth Doctor theme over the credits. And it was a very low rez source so a lot of people were being lovely about the quality.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mom sat me in front of the teevee when i was 3 because she watched it in college.

That was 36 years ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I remember the hyper nerds in high school printing off fliers and papering the halls to celebrate the tv movie.

It was a good day because i realized i wasnt actually at the bottom of the food chain.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bakula was talking about wanting to do a film as recently as last year.

It would be nice if Sam got home.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I like the idea of his mid being the central figure. Maybe trying to bring him home at lomg last.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Honestly it doesn't even have to be a relative. Just someone in the far future finds the accelerator and decides to save Sam.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Oh yeah, that’s definitely the obvious answer for a continuation. It allows the new show to be its own thing and still bring back Bakula/Stockwell for guest spots if they want

It can be Gushi's granddaughter!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah how long ago did BSG end dude.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

They’ll have to call it something other than The Avengers, I’d imagine.

This reminds me how adamant my coworker was that Marvel would be hosed when the time came to title the first Avengers film. And holy poo poo was he angry when proven wrong. Like, 5 years later he was still being a bitch about it.

Also I can't believe there are no phone cases that look like Al's hand unit from QL.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Let's be real, there's at least one DW episode sitting in a private collection somewhere that won't ever see the light of day because the owner never talks about it and is also a dick.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nah, it's totally some dickbag living in his mom's basement.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

If they remake Space 1999 they have to still call it Space 1999 and it still needs to be set in the super-futuristic year of 1999 :mad:

And clearly there's only one song they can use as the theme.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No but since he's a selfish dick his last act will be to torch his horde.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vinylshadow posted:

Would've been nice to have Paul McGann, John Barrowman, and Alex Kingston team up for a mini-series instead of...say...Class

Oh well~

Did Class get a second series?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vinylshadow posted:

Not even five minutes with his future selves and War was already done with the both of them

"What are you going to do, assemble a cabinet at them?"

He's adorable

He was an adorable old man.

• Locked thread