Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

health n safety in the 80s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

misadventurous posted:

Every McCoy serial is good, even the bad ones
especially Battlefield

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

i watched the mccoy years the first time round 👴🏻

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

Astroman posted:

And we're not talking B-Movie schlock here, but multi-million dollar blockbusters
what's the difference?

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

docbeard posted:

I'm impressed. Everyone on that cover looks faintly disgusted at the prospect of being there.

even the bus is hiding it's shame face

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

Astroman posted:

Part of the issue is what RTD established from episode 1 of the revival--the Doctor has full control of the TARDIS, mom and dad are a spacetime mobile call away, companions can always go home for weekends, we're always popping in to visit home, etc.
Except 3 episodes in when The Doctor fucks up and they arrive in London a whole year late

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

I keep wondering, what would the 60th anniversary special, should there be one, be about? Another Time Lords-related problem?

please no

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

Cleretic posted:

I'd legit watch a show that's entirely just someone turning up about a day after the Doctor and just going 'okay what the gently caress' and trying their best to help people get back to normal.
you just really want closure on The Enemy of the World

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

Yvonmukluk posted:

The Second Doctor shows up to help with the crisis at the start of the story - only for The Master to reveal it's actually Salamander in disguise, who got carried in the TARDIS' wake and wound up in London circa the Web of Fear, where he established a business empire based on his knowledge of future technology and then infiltrates UNIT (having caused the initial 'invasion') to get information about the TARDIS to make his own time machine to go and take over Victorian Britain. The Third Doctor stops him and he gets imprisoned in the 70s/80s. The story ends with him escaping prison...
that sure is a comic book
forktoss, do you regret asking?

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

TinTower posted:

Dunking on Graham Linehan is the one thing that gives me joy. :colbert:

glad you posted the follow up. am I the only one who didn't recognise him from the cartoon at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

Astroman posted:

I am so looking forward to his character. For one thing, I've loved him since L&O:UK, but also because I hope he's like a male Evelyn--a cool older human who can totally keep up with the Doctor. In a world where older people get discarded and minimalized, he could do for senior citizens what Jodie is doing for women.

Ouch. Walsh isn’t bus pass eligible yet

• Locked thread