Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
also what happened to those cool gifs someone made that would show a live version of the chat? those were cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
pity bump

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
is it down? lol ok ill look into it this weekend i guess maybe prolly not

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
wait looks fine what is your question

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

what happened to it?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
that's what im asking, what happened to it? what is the reported issue with it

it seems to load just fine for me

OP your thread has me for a heckin confuse

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
when i tried to log onto it yesterday and this morning with a username, it said it had a connection error but maybe it’s all of the sudden fine now?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

you're holding it wrong

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
well i learned today that someone actually uses that lovely irc web bouncer that i set up years ago and i forgot about entirely until just this moment

so i guess i wont kill it

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 10, 2018

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I'm in #yospos daily bitch stay out of irc

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
well op... seems like u missed a huge drama bomb. panjeep the 4'2 indian YOSPOS server admin who never speaks in chat got outed as a sex rapist by the only girl programmer who goes on there after he sent her a bunch of private messages like, i want to leave a rose on your pillow after we spend a night gazing into eachothers eyes and not doing anything else etc , basically all of this super lewd and rapey stuff. and his response was to take the server offline out of spite and then commit suicide in real life. good riddance i say since im low key in love with the girl programmer more than he is (tits + pussy + javascript = wife). he has no right to say that kind of stuff to her

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

source your quotes

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

I.N.R.I posted:

private messages like, i want to leave a rose on your pillow after we spend a night gazing into eachothers eyes and not doing anything else etc , basically all of this super lewd and rapey stuff.
that' doesnt sound super lewd nor rapey, just pathetic

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

I.N.R.I posted:

well op... seems like u missed a huge drama bomb. panjeep the 4'2 indian YOSPOS server admin who never speaks in chat got outed as a sex rapist by the only girl programmer who goes on there after he sent her a bunch of private messages like, i want to leave a rose on your pillow after we spend a night gazing into eachothers eyes and not doing anything else etc , basically all of this super lewd and rapey stuff. and his response was to take the server offline out of spite and then commit suicide in real life. good riddance i say since im low key in love with the girl programmer more than he is (tits + pussy + javascript = wife). he has no right to say that kind of stuff to her

youre better at this than we are, knuc

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I.N.R.I posted:

Agreed, in principle.

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

disagreed
javascript, lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

why would i go to a yospos irc when i can post all i want here?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

I.N.R.I posted:

Sex Therapist

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

akadajet posted:

why would i go to a yospos irc when i can post all i want here?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

please keep going

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

PleasureKevin posted:

please keep going

shut up pleasure kevin

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
muffz isn't admin though

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

come hang out in #yospos on synIRC it's where all the cool chatters hang out these days

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Visual GNUdio posted:

come hang out in #yospos on synIRC it's where all the cool chatters hang out these days

this seems unlikely

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
How do I set up znc in the cloud and why is everyone doing this? Storing catalogs?

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.
bouncers are lame. if you're not running irssi in screen loaded with a bunch of plugins written in 20 year old perl code get the gently caress out of my face.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

The IRC is lame imho

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

bouncers are lame. if you're not running irssi in screen loaded with a bunch of plugins written in 20 year old perl code get the gently caress out of my face.

What plugins? I'll do this instead

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

bitchx

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
how the gently caress does anyone at all ever have time to hang out in a chat room

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

echinopsis posted:

how the gently caress does anyone at all ever have time to hang out in a chat room

dude above just mentioned irssi , it’s a tab in a terminal. ain’t nothing to idle 24/7 and computer fuckers are perpetually online

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i went there once and a poster there dunked on me and then a weird comic appeared that illustrated the whole exchange.

it was confusing but kind of funny too.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I only remember speaking to people there who were highly unstable. I also once spoke to that guy who made that seminal book on hacking, that was cool.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

I.N.R.I posted:

thread delivers

I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017

qhat posted:

I only remember speaking to people there who were highly unstable.

Lol ftw

I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017
Did they talk about their cats?

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

http://widget01.mibbit.com/?server=irc.synirc.net&channel=%23yospos&nick=yospos%3F%3F%3F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Totally Reasonable
Jan 8, 2008

aaag mirrors

• Locked thread