Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon
Abilities are cool, but I kind of wish they had made them less powerful and allowed them to stack. It doesn't make any sense that some snakes can shed their skin and some can look intimidating when they're all the same animal with the same capabilities.

Plus that Psychic/Steel thing from Platinum would have to be completely redone and we would all benefit from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
I always figured Steel and Dark were introduced because Rock and Ghost weren't doing their jobs. And instead of rebalancing them they just added more into the fire because Gamefreak.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006

General Revil posted:

This is a nice thing to mention. It falls in along things other people have mentioned. While Nintendo may have an aversion to online multiplayer, Sony and Microsoft have an aversion to local multiplayer. Online multiplayer certainly gives you more options for play, but there's something that's much more fun about actually being in the same room as the person you're playing with.

Or do both with a LAN party! Carry your massive tower computer into someone's basement, spend the first three hours getting everything set up right, then spend the last three hours watching videos because you're too tired to actually play anything anymore but don't want to give up and leave.

God drat the 2000s decade was stupid.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Now we can talk about how every single Aqua/Magma battle is the same three Pokemon, and the leaders just use their evolved forms. What the gently caress is that poo poo.

Now that I think about it, the whole game kind of drops the ball on interesting boss teams, doesn't it? Except maybe the last one?

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
I mean they could use like a Grumpig or something.

There's no reason a Grumpig can't be evil.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
I tried using Protect against Slaking once to game the system, and it works, but my pelican using it had such pathetically weak damage output that Protect could have had three times the PP and I still wouldn't have had enough to wall it out.

That Nuzlocke webcomic lied to me. It lied to us all.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006

Crosspeice posted:

Taillow is a good birb, if nothing special.

what do you call a cotton birb?

Oh yeah, steel birb is a 5% encounter.

Here's a basic birb that hits pretty hard with Normal and Flying moves

There is also a birb.

so overall it's a good birb.

So do you have like some kind of agenda or

magikid
Nov 4, 2006

Crosspeice posted:

But since every Pelipper ever go for Protect on the first three turns and it somehow works every time, gently caress this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magikid
Nov 4, 2006

Crosspeice posted:

Wailord has a massive HP stat let down by its pathetic defensive stats.

I think Pokemon makes a really good case for not even having HP and just going off of defense, with a percentage lifebar or something. I mean what is even the point of this?

• Locked thread