Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

quote:

You can walk right past double battle trainers if you only have one Pokemon in your party conscious.
Wait, what? :psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Thadius posted:

This is the first time I've found one of these threads while it was active. And I already have a question for the LP that I'm enjoying.

Will you be covering the remakes, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire as well?

Crosspeice would need to be able to record 3DS games to do that, and the methods to do that are extremely limited.

There is a 3DS emulator out there, but it's in its early stages.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Kyuubey for our incubator Slugma.

Also unfortunately, Compound Eyes is only a 1.5x multiplier to the chances of a Pokemon holding an item, not +50%.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 1, 2018

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

It's one of the more interesting gimmicks out of all the battle tents. The randomly acting Pokemon one is just awful and completely out of your control. The rentals are at least in your control and is the easiest one to hop in since you don't have to grind up any Pokemon for it.

Also oh goodness the ash grind. For some reason, ORAS decided to make it worse, and they didn't even change the costs of the items to compensate.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I just loving realized
Route 113 is snowman from Earthbound.

WHAT THE gently caress

Holy poo poo, I never noticed until now. :stare:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The battle facility AI in any Pokemon game doesn't input read. In fact, it's incredibly basic and predictable. Considering that you have to build up large streaks for prizes, the chances of you losing somewhere along the way are pretty high.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Let's cause this volcano that's smack dab in the middle of a landmass to erupt to expand the landmass! :downs:

Not surprising that this was one of the first plot points ORAS changed.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I think Azurill is cute.

-Charm
-Rest
-Water Gun
-Tickle

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

They don't even fully evolve their team in Emerald? :argh:

And Ruby and Sapphire! They were one of the least liked rivals in the series because they were so pathetic.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

Look, you think I'm crazy enough to notice the price of a Potion in the same update? Hell no.

Also, I'm not accepting any of the submissions, cause no one's nicknamed their Pokemon! Come on people, it's the most important part of the whole process! Keep submitting stuff, especially for Pelipper!

You only specified that Pelipper needed to be nicknamed. :geno:

Regardless:

quote:

Buoy the Azurill for the cute contest.

-Charm
-Rest
-Water Gun
-Tickle

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Isn't their final battle optional in Ruby/Sapphire?

It's optional in all versions. At no point do you actually need to enter Lilycove Department Store.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Explopyro posted:

I have also been unable to replicate the "escape factor bug" personally. I didn't try very hard, mind; that said, it's also hard to tell if it's working, because there's no way to waste an arbitrary number of turns and see that the thing is unable to flee (all you can do is throw balls and pray not to catch it). I seem to remember having tried this a while back, followed the strategy and still had the pokemon flee. But it's entirely possible I could've done it wrong, so let's not read too much into that.

Unless someone actually took a look at the entire code and found the bug in question, there's always room for doubt. (Painfully speaking from experience here.)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

:psyduck: That's the first I've heard of some of those conditions.

Then again, new stuff is being discovered all the time. Such as the gender ratios actually getting screwed up horribly in Gen VI and beyond due to a coding mistake.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

MightyPretenders posted:

How are the gender ratios screwed up in gen 6?

In all gens, gender is determined by personality value which has a bunch of random numbers in it and such.

Long story short, in gens 3 through 5, gender was determined by not an X out of 8 RNG call, but an X out of... 255 call instead. So gender ratios were slightly lopsided (like 50/50 chances were actually 50.39% of being male, and a 49.61% chance of being female.) Gen 6 changed things around, like the thresholds for the gender values were properly changed for an X out of 256 call, which would have fixed the slightly lopsided values... except the RNG now works on an X out of 252 chance instead. Which actually made the gender ratios even more lopsided than before! (Pokemon that are more likely to be male will be even more likely to be male, and such.) On the plus side, 50/50 chances are actually 50/50 chances now! :v:

FractalSandwich posted:

the battle tower AI definitely cheats, though, right :rolleyes:

oh totally, how else would you explain my devastating loss at battle 49??? :cry:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

quote:

If you have points in the other categories directly adjacent to the main one you'll be going for, you'll get more points.

WHAT!? :psyboom:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Kyogre was actually considered to be the best Pokemon in the game when it came to Ubers in Smogon for the longest time. Though Groudon was no slouch, and had some options against Kyogre.

Then ORAS happened and then Mega Rayquaza became one of the most broken Pokemon in existence to the point of getting banned from Ubers :laffo: and Primal Groudon took Kyogre's throne as best the Uber in the series. Primal Kyogre isn't bad by any means, but without Primordial Sea, it flat out can't do much to Primal Groudon.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Slaking (DonkeyKong) @Choice Band
EV Spread: 4 HP/252 ATK/252 SPE
Ability: Huge Power Truant :(
Nature: Adamant
Shiny?: Yes
Moveset:
-Hyper Beam
-Brick Break
-Shadow Ball
-Earthquake

Battle Arena: Set 1

Salamence (Shenron) @Choice Band
IV Spread: 31/31/31/30/30/30 (Hidden Power Flying)
EV Spread: 4 HP/252 ATK/252 SPE
Ability: Moxie Intimidate :v:
Nature: Jolly
Shiny?: Yes
Moveset:
-Hidden Power Flying
-Brick Break
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

Battle Arena: Set 2

Hit em hard and fast.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 00:23 on May 4, 2018

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

rannum posted:

You can't run from the battle palace forever, cross.

Omega Ruby did realize just "harsh sunlight" doesn't get across danger very well so it's represented by setting the sky on fire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbUQ2t-zRtI&t=110s

A fun thing you can pull off in Omega Ruby and not Alpha Sapphire. Groudon's awakening puts Desolate Land into effect for every single battle in outdoor areas until you resolve that part of the plot.

Desolate Land gives the harsh sunlight weather effect. But not only that, damage dealing water type moves will not work while it's in effect. (Unless someone on the field has Air Lock or Cloud Nine.) And the weather can only be changed with someone with the Primordial Sea or Delta Stream abilities.

The result is that a lot of the trainers in the water routes flat out can't do anything to you because now they don't have any attacking moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I am glad to see that Donkey Kong could continue committing war crimes in the Battle Frontier.

• Locked thread