Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Crosspeice posted:

We're gonna need a nickname for Ralts, as well as Zigzagoon... as well as any other nicknames for the other things we've caught if I remember to change it.

Knowing what our male Raltz evolves into, lets go with Progress, because we don't have enough room to fit Progressive in this gen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Crosspeice posted:

You can plant a BERRY and grow it big, or you can make a POKEMON hold it. But now they have a machine that mixes up different BERRIES and makes candies for POKEMON. I want some candy, too.

Flowers, yo. I'll go over the specifics later, but you can tend to berries and water them on each of their growth stages to reach their max yields. The youngest sister will give you a random Berry out of the first 9. The Persim Berry heals confusion.

I'm pretty sure this girl gives one of the berries every day. She does in the remakes, and I think I remember her doing it in these games, but I could be wrong.

Crosspeice posted:

Roxanne/Tsutsuji: The Rock-Loving Honors Student
From rock and anne, and from tsutsuji (rhododendron) and tsushi (earth).

:crossarms:You do know that Roxanne is a real world name, right?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

I don't really understand why you guys liked the game corner, but hated Voltorb flip. It was easy to get coins from voltorb flip, but you had to rely on luck to get anything out of the slot machines.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

It looks like the two name explanations are switched here.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

If something is moving whenever you look away, there is a good chance that it will say Boo!.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Haifisch posted:

GF sticking too rigidly to the originals even when it made for a less fun game happened in HGSS too(same lovely level curve, same lovely pokemon distribution, same lovely gym leader teams. They even added not-trainers to Jasmine's gym just to taunt you). :shrug:

It was far, far worse in Fire red/Leaf green.

"Sorry, Crobat isn't in the Pokedex until a sidequest after you beat the game. So we are going to make Golbat try to evolve, but fail".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

The problem with Gen 6's story was that generation 5 had happened. That generation focused on the story more than any other generations to that point, so the bare bones plot of X and Y stood out more.

• Locked thread