Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
The Wailmer Pail is better than the Spray Duck, but nowhere near as good as the Sprinklotad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013

Crosspeice posted:

Pinap Berries do, uh, nothing. There are unfortunately a fair few berries like that.

I'll take those off your hands. :eng101: Pinap berries double the amount of candy you receive when catching a pokemon in Pokemon Go. They are extremely useful at times when rare pokemon, like Chansey, are spawning at an increased rate, such as the current Valentine's Day event. The other berries that appear in Pokemon Go are Razz and Nanab berries, but rather than their primary use, those are mostly for feeding pokemon in gyms, in order to get... more candy. Candy. Candy. Candy.

And call it Ieyasu.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
In Pokemon Go, Nanab berries make a wild pokemon less likely to attack or to dodge. The animation implies that they do this by making them tipsy.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
I loved the rental battles in Gen 4. That's a real test of your knowledge.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
Pokemon X was the first game I played but didn't complete. I didn't even get to the third gym, I think. There was just something about it that didn't awaken my sense of adventure and desire to explore. It seemed too urban, like you were never far from civilization. All the people who seemed to be following you around probably had something to do with that. And there was the way they handled berry growing, by having someone just pull you aside and give you a huge farm to use for no reason, and at no charge. That level of pandering put me right off instantly. I actually liked the small amount of effort it took in Gen 3 and 4 to run a berry harvesting operation, but apparently other people totally despised it. Now, I wouldn't have minded getting a berry farm, if it was later on and something you had to actually earn in some way. But not like they did it in Gen 6. That was just terrible.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
So, Lorelei just tortures that guy? Sure, why not.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
I really can't imagine what the Regis could possibly do against the likes of Kyogre and Groudon. It's a bit like bringing an old infantry shield to fend of a couple nukes.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
I used to feel like I could predict where the roaming legendaries would jump to next. Back in Gold as a kid, I would go to Violet City and run back and forth, waiting for them to come to me. Every once in a while, though, I'd get a feeling that they were about to be somewhere, and eventually I think I was right more often than not. I skipped the roamers in Gen 3, but later in Platinum when it came time to do that gen's roamers, those intuitions came back once again. I didn't keep any hard data on how often I was right, but catching all five didn't take too terribly long, so who knows. Of course, having the tracker on the second screen helped immensely too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
Is having a medical professional ask if you want "the usual" better or worse than them saying "We hope to see you again"?

• Locked thread