Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Gen 3 darkness is the worst. The expanded field of vision with flash never felt like enough.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Soda Pop may be the least efficient drink, but I like that it gets a generation in the spotlight.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Skye

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Why is he huffing and puffing? Asthma?

He's not. That's actually his apprentice trying to interrupt by blowing on some spare merchandise.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

I remember Zangoose being pretty popular back when RS first came out.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

mateo360 posted:

The whole meteorite thing is even funnier in Sapphire where it's all Team Aqua so hey why don't we take this meteorite and make this volcano erupt so it can somehow help us with making more sea?

Not really. Aqua makes it really clear that they're rendering the volcano inactive so the cauldron will become a lake next time it rains. So even if they succeed, it's far less destructive - though I doubt the Slugma would be pleased.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

It being the same bunch of grunts each time was actually Team Flare's gimmick. The members without names are actually much more memorable characters than the ones with.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

...Potions cost 300. How long has it been since you bought one?

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Dr. Fetus posted:

And Ruby and Sapphire! They were one of the least liked rivals in the series because they were so pathetic.

Combat-wise. There's still a bit to like about their personality.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Dr. Fetus posted:

:psyduck: That's the first I've heard of some of those conditions.

Then again, new stuff is being discovered all the time. Such as the gender ratios actually getting screwed up horribly in Gen VI and beyond due to a coding mistake.

How are the gender ratios screwed up in gen 6?

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

When I played through, I had to fight through most of the initial Sevii Islands quest with my anti-Blaine team, since I didn't know what the event flag for making the PCs work was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

You really don't like Juan, do you? I don't either. At best, I appreciate that his existence develops Wallace's backstory a bit.

Well, if that hate's strong enough, you could, I don't know, find an overleveled pokemon to use on him? Might be worth considering.

• Locked thread