Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nice to get in on the ground floor in this. I read the yellow and Crystal lps and enjoyed them a bunch. I couldn't really get into your conquest lp, but maybe I'll give it another try. Gen 1 and 3 were the only ones I've played to any real extent, so I'm looking forward to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Too bad voting is already closed. I was hoping to convince enough people to go for the unsubtle choice of Trap for Ralts's name.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trasson posted:

Metalfoot.

This.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zuzie posted:

It's a bit of a side effect of Nintendo's general idea of multiplayer: To them, multiplayer is having all the players physically present in the same room at the same time, and this is more easily achieved in densely populated areas. It's also not helpful that computer gaming wasn't as popular in Japan as in other places like North America and Korea, so internet connection wasn't seen as a big deal then.

This is a nice thing to mention. It falls in along things other people have mentioned. While Nintendo may have an aversion to online multiplayer, Sony and Microsoft have an aversion to local multiplayer. Online multiplayer certainly gives you more options for play, but there's something that's much more fun about actually being in the same room as the person you're playing with.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll join the chorus for Nimbus.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know it's not up for a vote, but I'm voting that you rename the skarmory you caught to Pinochopper.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That battle was quite the slog.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crosspeice posted:

Another power boost! Crazy how Ranmaru has become fully evolved while Wargreymon has yet to evolve once.

It's well known that girls grow up faster than boys. Seriously, why is the Ralts line 50/50 gender ratio?

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Radio Free Kobold posted:

The stone contains PokeMagic(TM). The PokeMagic(TM) is used to evolve the Pokemon.

They work like computer chips. There's a magic blue smoke that makes them work, but if you ever release the blue smoke, the magic is gone and it stops working. Evolving a pokemon requires you to release the blue smoke from the evolution stone.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Technically, the Pokemon Special manga has an Eevee that runs with that idea until it evolves into an Espeon.

Red's Eevee is clearly a digimon, not a pokemon.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want to go with Boolderdash, but that's 11 characters. Instead, let's go with Boojangles.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crosspeice posted:

Three Pokemon Center ladies appear in Lilycove City only in Emerald and, like the old guys in Mauville, are determined by your ID number, only do something once and cannot be interacted with further until you mix records with another player. I'll go into more detail in the Side Notes. If you're interested in the prize, then it's simple, just meet me irl and mix records with me... on an emulator. If you can figure all that out, then you deserve that Rare Candy.

It isn't that hard. GBA link cable emulation has been pretty reliable for a long time now. You could use VBA-L, VBA-M or mGBA and mix records with just a tiny bit of work.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crosspeice posted:

Haha, uh, yep, I seem to be getting a bit predictable. OR AM I?

I actually wouldn't be surprised if you went with another side-game between this and Platinum. If I had to bet, my money would be on Pokemon Ranger so you can get the Manaphy egg and transfer it over to Platinum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crosspeice posted:

Man I wish I could do the Ranger games, but playing them on an emulator is miserable and I don't have 3DS capture, otherwise I would've done ORAS instead of Emerald.

Maybe I could get an emulator onto a touchscreen phone and record that...? Something to think about for later, perhaps.

The LPs of Ranger that I've watched had the player using a drawing tablet in order to be able to use the touchscreen in a reasonable manner.

• Locked thread