Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

When the games were new, my mother bought me a clear pink GBA and a copy of Sapphire. They were the first games console and game that was my own, not just something borrowed from my older siblings.

So yeah, I love Gen 3 and have probably logged a scary amount of time in them, up to this day. Even with ORAS existing and also being quite good, the GBA games are extremely nostalgic for me.

Torchic is the best starter though. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

Blaziken is great and I'll accept no insults towards it.

Combusken is an awful middle stage but teenage years tend to do that to people and I'm glad Torchic grows into an upstanding adult and a proper member of its community (said community being ubers now, Speed Boost too good).

Same.

...I also have a lot of nostalgia for Blaze, the female Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken who was the first starter I chose in Sapphire though.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Haifisch posted:

Name Zigzagoon FreeSample(s), because that's clearly what all those items are, right? :downs:

Name Ralts after Ranmaru to continue the Conquest jokes.

These are good names.

It’s a shame what the internet has done to the Ralts line, because it’s one of my favorite ‘mons. This happens to all the Pokémon I like because they’re pretty. :(

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Quantum Toast posted:

Aaron, if it's male. Female... I don't know, Erin?

Sounds good to me.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

rannum posted:

Pokemon sells millions of copies but you are always just so happened to be in an area where exactly no one has played a pokemon game

Gen 3 even lets you do four way multiplayer! Something I refuse to believe anyone has ever done even at pokemon events

I was a child of Pokémon playing age during gen 3.

You may notice that this was right after the fad faded.

I was the only 6 year old playing Pokémon at my school, and also Pokémon was for babies. :(

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I don’t care where the base is, but if you aren’t filling it with as many dolls as possible, you’re doing secret bases wrong.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yeah it's important to remember that there are kids who play Pokemon who can't quite read yet. I know that when I started playing Pokemon, I had only learned to read the year before (and thus misinterpreted a ton of lines).

Pokemon is in the unfortunate position of having to appeal to both 5 and 25 year olds and make sure they both have a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Onmi posted:

The Orre games should be very good, I've personally been playing through them with patches that add in the Physical/Special split. I'm glad the manga updates could be enjoyed, I really did gloss over a tonne of RS (And didn't cover E because it's bad and they should feel bad) and I'm a little upset I miss Crystal since I never got to talk about Gold.

You got names of those patches? I don't like dealing with the classic physical/special differences these days.

• Locked thread