Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Oh I thought they paid out like 50-100k, which feels like it’s just enough to make them worth doing early on when all your other income streams are on cooldown. With the small problem that they are not fun, of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Oh I thought they paid out like 50-100k, which feels like it’s just enough to make them worth doing early on when all your other income streams are on cooldown. With the small problem that they are not fun, of course

IIRC they pay about 50k but you have to do things like “drive up to Paleto Bay, steal a slow unarmed crop duster, dust three crops on opposite ends of the map, and hope you don’t get shot down or else you’ll have to drive somewhere else and steal a new crop duster before you can continue”

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
The last time I played was right around the time of the next gen upgrade and I got the auto shop. What's come out since then that are must grabs?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

The Agency and the Acid Lab

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Nightclub boost is enough to get me to play again this week. Any idling tricks that actually still work now? Last one that worked for me was standing in front of the nightclub safe but that was patched out.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

mp5 posted:

IIRC they pay about 50k but you have to do things like “drive up to Paleto Bay, steal a slow unarmed crop duster, dust three crops on opposite ends of the map, and hope you don’t get shot down or else you’ll have to drive somewhere else and steal a new crop duster before you can continue”

Yeah they were a real chore. gently caress em I guess, I got what I needed out of them.

Also I feel like the only resupply mission I ever got was the one where you had to steal a tractor from the O’Neill farm. Not even close to worth the effort for the 25% resupply you get, I feel like I us more supplies than that in the time it takes to do the mission

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah they were a real chore. gently caress em I guess, I got what I needed out of them.

Also I feel like the only resupply mission I ever got was the one where you had to steal a tractor from the O’Neill farm. Not even close to worth the effort for the 25% resupply you get, I feel like I us more supplies than that in the time it takes to do the mission

buying supplies is always correct*, you can spend that time doing literally anything else, like a Payphone Hit, and make that cash back easily

*...unless you want the Alien Egg from doing like 600 Bunker resupplies, which, lol

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

mp5 posted:

buying supplies is always correct*, you can spend that time doing literally anything else, like a Payphone Hit, and make that cash back easily

*...unless you want the Alien Egg from doing like 600 Bunker resupplies, which, lol

Yeah I was just doing it to get the name change bonus for doing 10 resupply missions. Never again, those hicks can keep their dang fungus

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I wish there was still a way to get the Clownfish mask. :negative:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Alright I have enough money to buy an agency; does it particularly matter which one i get? they all look pretty centrally located, i was just gonna get the cheapest one but hopefully none of them are traps like the paleto bay bunker

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I don't think so, the only real issue is being able to get back there for security work, and I don't think any are that bad. I have the Little Seoul location and it's very accessible to everywhere.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Alright I have enough money to buy an agency; does it particularly matter which one i get? they all look pretty centrally located, i was just gonna get the cheapest one but hopefully none of them are traps like the paleto bay bunker

None of them are traps but the most expensive one has the best location and also the easiest access to its garage.

The Hawick agency will also make specific jobs very easy to complete, they are straight shots to drive back there from the job site

All the other buildings have more inconvenient architecture for on-foot access or garage access

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I did Vespucci Canals, seemed the most convenient to me

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

if you wanted to relocate a property like the facility or niteclub with a huge garage do the cars and all come with the new place?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sleekly posted:

if you wanted to relocate a property like the facility or niteclub with a huge garage do the cars and all come with the new place?

They should but I'd first check multiple wikis and/or leave only your least valuable cars in there to test.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

They should but I'd first check multiple wikis and/or leave only your least valuable cars in there to test.

:rockstar:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Alright the agency is pretty rad, between this and the acid lab it seems like rockstar finally admitted that many of us like to play this game by ourselves and is letting us have fun. Feels like this is a solid activity to do while waiting for the passive businesses to build up.

Also looks like nightclubs are heavily discounted for this event, so it works out that I haven’t bought one yet.

I was also planning to upgrade to the Chumash bunker to get a better location; since I already have the Paleto bay one for free (no upgrades) do I get a discount for buying a second one or do they always cost full price?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think you get half the money you spent on upgrades refunded?

edit for what it's worth while the Paleto bunker makes sales significantly harder, once you have an agency and nightclub your probably only using the bunker for research and to support the nightclub. I haven't sold bunker goods in actual years.

Baron von Eevl fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Apr 27, 2024

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

You might be right actually; I was thinking that the money from the bunker would help get the nightclub up to speed faster but it might be faster to just put that money directly in the club huh

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Ainsley McTree posted:

You might be right actually; I was thinking that the money from the bunker would help get the nightclub up to speed faster but it might be faster to just put that money directly in the club huh

Bunker sales are easy and I like doing them but only because I went to the trouble of setting up the Chumash Bunker. There's a larger number of worthwhile options for activities now, so you don't really have to laser-focus on the Bunker.

It's still a good quick activity and worth getting going for variety, but this week just focus on maximizing your Nightclub and its many many upgrades while you do Agency Security Contracts/Payphone Hits and Acid Lab sales.

Even just staying on top of collecting the money from your nightclub safe and keeping popularity high will be really good.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It cannot be overstated how ridiculously the nightclub safe was buffed a few years back

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

mp5 posted:

Bunker sales are easy and I like doing them but only because I went to the trouble of setting up the Chumash Bunker. There's a larger number of worthwhile options for activities now, so you don't really have to laser-focus on the Bunker.

It's still a good quick activity and worth getting going for variety, but this week just focus on maximizing your Nightclub and its many many upgrades while you do Agency Security Contracts/Payphone Hits and Acid Lab sales.

Even just staying on top of collecting the money from your nightclub safe and keeping popularity high will be really good.

I just kept doing bunker sales because I really enjoyed most of the delivery types. Dune buggies were a plug pull though.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I only really enjoy the phantom wedge one, and even then just because you get to drive a ramptruck.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Baron von Eevl posted:

I only really enjoy the phantom wedge one, and even then just because you get to drive a ramptruck.

I like the one where you have to make 5 stops with the Insurgent, it's rare that I get an actual opportunity to use the Anit-Aircraft Trailer and it rules for that one.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I have a nightclub now; I don't remember these Yohan missions being in the game last time I played, they seem like good money, or maybe it's just because this is a 2x week. Are they worth doing generally or is the agency still the most profitable way to kill time while waiting for your numbers to go up?

They seem pretty fun though, nice to have them as an option for a change of pace.

e: also i cannot believe I thought I was going to delay this to buy a second bunker; i'm sure i'm being spoiled by the 2x event but good lord this thing farts out money, even before the upgrades

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Apr 29, 2024

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

I have a nightclub now; I don't remember these Yohan missions being in the game last time I played, they seem like good money, or maybe it's just because this is a 2x week. Are they worth doing generally or is the agency still the most profitable way to kill time while waiting for your numbers to go up?

They seem pretty fun though, nice to have them as an option for a change of pace.

e: also i cannot believe I thought I was going to delay this to buy a second bunker; i'm sure i'm being spoiled by the 2x event but good lord this thing farts out money, even before the upgrades

2nd bunker? Do you mean you'd be moving your bunker? Because afaik, you can only own one of each type of business.

Wait... Have I just been assuming that's how it is? I mean, I know you can own multiple crate warehouses.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

2nd bunker? Do you mean you'd be moving your bunker? Because afaik, you can only own one of each type of business.

Wait... Have I just been assuming that's how it is? I mean, I know you can own multiple crate warehouses.

You’re right, it does work that way, I just spoke clumsily; “moving my bunker” would have been a better way to phrase that

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

You’re right, it does work that way, I just spoke clumsily; “moving my bunker” would have been a better way to phrase that

No worries, and I wish I could double up on my bunker profits.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

So I can't have more than one Nightclub?? (not that I would want the hassle of dealing with more than one)

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
:rockstar: won’t even let us own 2 hangars so we can own every plane… dammit

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

im surprised they havent added a buyable aircraft carrier actually. code is sorta there from that one heist on one

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yohan's missions give you a pittance of money and a random batch of Nightclub Goods that you sell later during the regular Sell Missions. They're a nice change of pace but I don't do em often.

If they pay decently during doubles week though, why not? You can't get griefed unless someone knows exactly what you're doing since the radar won't call you out to other players.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
You can kinda have two bunkers, two nightclubs, and two hangars. You have a second character slot you can switch to. Your banked money is shared, but on-hand cash and purchased properties aren't. So you'd have to swap characters to access their properties, but this way you could spend all your money pointlessly upgrading two nightclubs that have to be managed completely separately!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The Motorcycle Club and Hangars are both criminally undersized considering how many bikes and aircraft there are. At least with the MC you can store bikes in other garages, but with the Hangar you're forced to put half the stuff you own in invisible storage. If you decide to display something like the Avenger it takes up 50% of the space.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

There was a bug that made it so if you bought the bike workshop (which is the motorcycle equivalent to the auto body shop), you'd have maybe one customer at the beginning and then no one else would show up.

Is that still happening? If it helps, I'm in the MC that's situated at the south of Blaine County, near the airfield, just down the road from the counterfeit cash building where you enter from the side.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I don’t think I’ve set foot in my MC clubhouse in like 2 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

There was a bug that made it so if you bought the bike workshop (which is the motorcycle equivalent to the auto body shop), you'd have maybe one customer at the beginning and then no one else would show up.

Is that still happening? If it helps, I'm in the MC that's situated at the south of Blaine County, near the airfield, just down the road from the counterfeit cash building where you enter from the side.

I've never had a single customer in my motorcycle club lol