Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

It’s been a while since I played and I don’t remember how the nightclub works; what does “go passive” mean in this context?

Filling up your drug stock using your staff. You need to own the proper businesses like coke, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

kri kri posted:

Filling up your drug stock using your staff. You need to own the proper businesses like coke, etc.

He might also be asking about going passive mode, which makes you unable to fight but also unable to get hit

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ahh ok. Or maybe afk? Basically just idling in game to keep your businesses running.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah with almost everything being able to be done in private lobbies now the need for passive afking is almost nil at this point

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Medullah posted:

Yeah with almost everything being able to be done in private lobbies now the need for passive afking is almost nil at this point

I still afk tho since I’m not always playing.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I suppose it would have been helpful for me to quote the context, or to remember the wording correctly:

Baron von Eevl posted:

I like that the nightclub safe now makes nearly as much money as the warehouse and sales with the only investment being "walk out, enter passive, walk back in, throw out nuisance patron" every day or two.

I remember that there used to be a trick involving going afk without the game noticing so you could earn money while you’re asleep or at work or asleep at work but I think someone mentioned that that got patched out and I’m not sure if that’s what’s meant here

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
When I said "go passive" I meant passive mode, if you ever the nightclub while in passive mode it will prompt you to throw out a troublemaker for $10k and a boost to nightclub reputation. Having high reputation means the safe earns more money.

Why entering the nightclub while in passive mode triggers this is a mystery.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

I suppose it would have been helpful for me to quote the context, or to remember the wording correctly:

I remember that there used to be a trick involving going afk without the game noticing so you could earn money while you’re asleep or at work or asleep at work but I think someone mentioned that that got patched out and I’m not sure if that’s what’s meant here

You used to be able to sit at a TV or security monitor and since you were "watching a movie" it didn't trigger AFK disconnect. From what I understand that is no longer working so you have to rubber band a controller.

I used to enter a mission right by my office, go in, watch TV and leave it overnight every night. My hours played must be insane

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Baron von Eevl posted:

When I said "go passive" I meant passive mode, if you ever the nightclub while in passive mode it will prompt you to throw out a troublemaker for $10k and a boost to nightclub reputation. Having high reputation means the safe earns more money.

Why entering the nightclub while in passive mode triggers this is a mystery.

Yeah this. And if you enter the nightclub while not in Passive Mode, you'll get a much more annoying reputation mission. Like slowly driving a drunk VIP home. Which if you quit or fail, hurts your rep, and thus, your cash.

Also you used to be able stand at the open nightclub safe and it wouldn't trigger the afk kick either. With max rep that could add up to almost a million while you slept. Then top it off with a sale and it was a nice chunk of change. It got patched out at some point though.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Last I checked you could idle watching the dj on TV from the office in your nightclub but that was over a year ago and probably got patched.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

namlosh posted:

Not sure what snack menu you mean... but definitely learn to use snacks in the weapon wheel. It's a change made in the last year or so and I'm still not good at it, but it's worth getting good at.
what level are you currently?
e: ^^^^^^^^^^^

pretty sure strength doesn't affect health. it only decreases fall and fist fighting damage. Also you can jump over higher walls.

If you need to level up fast, crates are (or at least were) the way to go. grab some, then sell some.

Crates get a bad rap because they were the only way to make any money that wasn't doing heists with 3 other people for the longest time. People used to run crates, then do VIP work. Rinse and repeat until it really got grindy for some.

I've grinded my share of crates; and have the diamond trophy on my office desk to prove it. I didn't really burn out on them unless I went for a goal (like said trophy) and even then it was only short term. It can be fun to know all of the different scenarios and tricks to each one. I also used to be able to do any of the sell missions solo no problem and enjoyed the rush of selling a full warehouse for ~2 million.

That said, something changed in the last couple of years...
I may be wrong, but I swear it used to be that the "E" in PvE would almost never use explosive ordinance. So buzzards would only use the machine guns. Even when a Savage would show up, you'd have guys hanging out of the side shooting at you.
That changed... and I think it had a profound effect on one of the crate sell missions.
I can't remember for sure, but I'm pretty sure there was always a sell mission where you get ambushed by a fully manned Valkyrie heli. They'd shoot at you... maybe use the miniguns. I'm not imagining that, right? I can't imagine :rockstar: added a brand new crate sell mission 5 years after the fact.

But the change above now meant that the Valkyrie could use it's cannon against you.
I have never been so spawn-trapped in this game as I was by that fuckin' thing. It's like the guys in Sultans that come after you when selling an export vehicle in a solo lobby... but with a cannon. Like literally killed before you had control.
I was able to kill it and complete the sale... but it was absolutely luck.
I can't really recommend crates anymore for that sole reason.

I haven't played this game in a while... maybe I'll fire it up tomorrow.

For crate delivery missions, if you get the plane delivery vehicle, there is a chance there will be enemy choppers waiting to ambush you. If you get that one, there will be 3 choppers total, 2 buzzards and one Valkyrie that will gently caress your poo poo up. They won't be together, just 1 chopper at 3/10 drop offs.
This can still be done solo, you have enough time to scout out the drop locations and shoot down the choppers with a buzzard that will spawn automatically next to your delivery plane, come back, and still make all the deliveries on time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR3iNZP3pk8

I think that fuckoff Valkryie can also gently caress your poo poo up on one of the cayo perico setups where you need to follow a Merryweather helicopter. I think it's because it's technically a cannon with explosive rounds and not firing rockets.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I played the Merryweather setup mission for Cayo once. Never again. Instant lobby hop if it comes up.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

THF13 posted:

For crate delivery missions, if you get the plane delivery vehicle, there is a chance there will be enemy choppers waiting to ambush you. If you get that one, there will be 3 choppers total, 2 buzzards and one Valkyrie that will gently caress your poo poo up. They won't be together, just 1 chopper at 3/10 drop offs.
This can still be done solo, you have enough time to scout out the drop locations and shoot down the choppers with a buzzard that will spawn automatically next to your delivery plane, come back, and still make all the deliveries on time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR3iNZP3pk8

I think that fuckoff Valkryie can also gently caress your poo poo up on one of the cayo perico setups where you need to follow a Merryweather helicopter. I think it's because it's technically a cannon with explosive rounds and not firing rockets.

Yeah, that’s what I was doing… you have to go to the airport and enter the plane to kick off the mission, then get out and go scout the locations to kill any enemies camping at the dropoffs.
I was in my oppressor mk2 when I ran into the Valkyrie. It shot me straight off of it midair and spawn trapped me. That poo poo is legit bad.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I think I'm going to put a little weight on my W key to stop myself from being kicked while I idle for cash. Too bad the safe is limited to collecting $250k

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Paying2Lurk posted:

I played the Merryweather setup mission for Cayo once. Never again. Instant lobby hop if it comes up.

Huh, I just fire a guided missile at the helicopter on the Merryweather HQ rooftop to fail the mission. It's about as fast as changing sessions, and more satisfying.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Definitely throw out the patron, sure, but for all other nightclub Rep gains, just go to your basement (this is important, it prevents the whole cutscene from playing) and just rehire djs at $10k a pop. Every time you do it, you get 10% of your popularity back. A new DJ hire will get 100% popularity back, but it costs $100k (and you can only hire a given DJ for the first time once, and then after that, it's a rehire for 10k). Because the nightclub safe can get up to $250k pretty quickly, it's worth it.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

A few months ago you could idle on PC by going to the elevator in the ceo building and leaving the menu open. Did they patch that one recently?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

VegasGoat posted:

A few months ago you could idle on PC by going to the elevator in the ceo building and leaving the menu open. Did they patch that one recently?

The only ones I knew about were the dj cam, and the auto club one, where you go to the test drive area, and then go to leave, and stay on that menu. I heard that it was patched out, though.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I know the wardrobe menu worked for a while, but I forget if you needed to scroll through that menu.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Definitely throw out the patron, sure, but for all other nightclub Rep gains, just go to your basement (this is important, it prevents the whole cutscene from playing) and just rehire djs at $10k a pop. Every time you do it, you get 10% of your popularity back. A new DJ hire will get 100% popularity back, but it costs $100k (and you can only hire a given DJ for the first time once, and then after that, it's a rehire for 10k). Because the nightclub safe can get up to $250k pretty quickly, it's worth it.

I love that this sounds like some kind of Producers level scheme, just hiring and firing the same five DJs over and over on paper to somehow generate fake buzz that drives up drink sales lol

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Nothing like stopping another club's promotion when your club's popularity is already at max :hehe:

I will never fire Solumon. I just have to keep throwing the same four troublemakers head first into the frame of the exit door to keep the adoration for him fresh

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So now that the thread's active again I guess I'll sadly ask if anyone plays this on Xbox.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

The Omnis e-GT car is on sale for 40% off this week. It's a terrific electric 2-door that can be upgraded with armor plating that actually does something.

Additionally, it's eligible for Imani Tech upgrades from the Agency vehicle workshop, making it immune to missile locks. I have two of them and love driving them around.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Paying2Lurk posted:

Eh, this one isn't so bad. There's only 3 possible destinations; the power plant, out by Grapeseed, and behind the Animal Ark store along Rte 68. You can kind of tell where the chopper is headed within about 15 seconds. And it flies stupidly slowly so you can easily get there ahead of it.

Fly to where you think it's going, look for the Avenger. If not there try one of the other sites. Once you find the right place, land a bit away, and snipe all the dudes on the ground. They won't even react as they guy next to them drops dead.

Then it's just a matter of hiding behind something util the chopper shows up and the last two guys get out. Shoot 'em, get into Avenger, grab the thing, jump out, parachute to your aircraft and be on your way.

The only problem I ever had was one time when the site was the desert one, and I got a mission failed while I was waiting for the chopper to arrive. Did it again, same thing, followed it the 3rd time and watched it repeatedly crash into the mountain until it blew up. :waycool:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I really like the Merriweather weapon sourcing setup since other players can lock onto and destroy the chopper and halt the whole thing :)

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

The cars for sale this week are garbage!! :mad:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Dokapon Findom posted:

The cars for sale this week are garbage!! :mad:

Try the omnis e-GT! Assuming you have an Agency, it's a lot of fun to fully customize, especially with the EMP mines

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Dokapon Findom posted:

Nothing like stopping another club's promotion when your club's popularity is already at max :hehe:

I will never fire Solumon. I just have to keep throwing the same four troublemakers head first into the frame of the exit door to keep the adoration for him fresh

For me, it's the Black Madonna. Once they played a remix of Stepping Out by Joe Jackson, I was sold.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I do appreciate the effort they put into the DJ sets for the nightclub, i used to just put them on as background music while i worked

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Sorry for the doublepost but I have a question re: the acid lab. I finished the First Dose missions and got the truck, and I have $750k sitting in my bank account. Should I just upgrade the truck to get the lab now, or is it worth doing the Last Dose missions for Dax too before I get into it? I'm kind of ready to stop doing missions but if they're very important I suppose I will

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
No, and I kinda hated the last dose missions. You get an okay electric super car at the end.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
The nicest things about the electric supercar are that it's free and it can be upgraded if you own an Agency with imani tech for the lockon missile jammer, making it good for driving around in open free mode.

I just finished the new Cluckin Bell raid missions for the first time the other day. Seems like it would be a good way for a newbie to get $750,000 (500k payout + first completion bonus), with basically zero investment ahead of time. Though having an armored kuruma probably helps make some missions easier.

Plus they can be replayed to keep getting an easy 500k. Maybe I'll try it using my Weaponized Tampa for the setup missions next time.

HJE-Cobra fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Apr 19, 2024

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Over a hundred new posts in the GTA thread but no Goon Theft Auto night this month?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Weaponized Tampa was one of my favorites early on, even though it drives like a 1987 Fiat with a half flat tire.

As I built up my armory it fell out of favor; coincidentally the Speedo from the Nightclub is just a better version of it in every way.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

davebo posted:

Over a hundred new posts in the GTA thread but no Goon Theft Auto night this month?

Due to time constraints I no longer play GTAO, and have been encouraging someone, anyone, to step up, take the reigns, and do us Goons proud... but I haven't gotten any takers.

It's easy! It's fun! The secret to creating the raddest Goon Night ever is to pick a date and time convenient to you, and then post it here and in Discord. That's pretty much all the requirements: posting and playing.

If you post it, they will come!

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Sorry for the doublepost but I have a question re: the acid lab. I finished the First Dose missions and got the truck, and I have $750k sitting in my bank account. Should I just upgrade the truck to get the lab now, or is it worth doing the Last Dose missions for Dax too before I get into it? I'm kind of ready to stop doing missions but if they're very important I suppose I will

Feel free to take a break but the Last Dose missions will also give you a one-time infusion of extra money. To get yourself off the ground I’d say it’s worth it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I’ve got the acid lab up and running and it’s kind of nice how explicitly solo friendly it is, even selling a full batch of product is tuned for single player missions. Grateful for that, rockstar

I also really like how you can just call Mutt on the phone to get an update of where production/supply is at. I wish all the businesses worked that way, or that you could access your various business computers from your phone

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

I’ve got the acid lab up and running and it’s kind of nice how explicitly solo friendly it is, even selling a full batch of product is tuned for single player missions. Grateful for that, rockstar

I also really like how you can just call Mutt on the phone to get an update of where production/supply is at. I wish all the businesses worked that way, or that you could access your various business computers from your phone

Don't forget to, once an IRL day, pop into your lab and use that kit or whatever it is to boost the productivity for the next IRL 30 minutes.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Don't forget to, once an IRL day, pop into your lab and use that kit or whatever it is to boost the productivity for the next IRL 30 minutes.

Yeah I’ve been doing that, it’s very satisfying.

I forget, do fooligan jobs (the ones you can call Dax for) keep paying good money after you’ve already upgraded the lab and unlocked the acid name change tied to them? I don’t think I’m going to keep doing them because I don’t like most of them but I do want to know if I should feel fomo about that choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah I’ve been doing that, it’s very satisfying.

I forget, do fooligan jobs (the ones you can call Dax for) keep paying good money after you’ve already upgraded the lab and unlocked the acid name change tied to them? I don’t think I’m going to keep doing them because I don’t like most of them but I do want to know if I should feel fomo about that choice

You want to do 10 fooligan jobs to upgrade the lab and then never do them again because they are huge time sinks and pay like garbage.

More importantly though this week the Nightclub is boosted, which is huge if you have the businesses and/or the ability to idle your game